Getting Shot

Archives for 2009
rev_rob_dunham
Bronze Member

Getting Shot

Post by rev_rob_dunham »

I had a dream this morning, I have been asking the Holy Spirit to reveal this one to me, but so far no interpretation.

I was driving my truck (this is my job) in this forein land. I have noticed that the justice system is very corrupt in this country. This officer inspects my truck and is very nice and forgiving about some things. Then I started walking to a customer to unload freight, then the same officer who inspected my truck caught up with me and was very rude. He pulled out his gun and I lifted up my hands in surender. This officer started shooting at me as I put my hand in front of me to stop the bullits from hitting me. When I noticed that this wasn't working, I streched out my arms and gave up the fight. At that time there was no fear of dying, then bullits hit me in the chest and I died. A few minutes later I came back to life and walked to the officer who shot me. His eyes got so big, I thought they where going to pop out of his head. Then I started hitting him with my fist.

I forgot to metion that this country was ran by monkeys (wow, this takes the cake for wierdness).
Newwine
Platinum Member

Post by Newwine »

Hi Rev, you made me laugh with your weird comment. Anyway, I don't feel I see this all now but will give some things that may help.

For your prayerful consideration.

Monkeys in my dreams tend to speak of evil spirits, but I don't like to put definites in symbols as I like to leave room for the Lord to mix things up so we can stay in tune with his heart (or the deeper matters).

Anyway, with that said I do feel animals in dreams at times can speak of a spiritual presence or heart condition. I feel sometimes they can speak of our roles too.

An officer is a representative of the law. When I speak of the law I like to compare it to an officer of the law, but really the officer is "the representative" who has been given to him, by appointment, the authority to enforce the law. And we know there are corrupt officers.

I feel trucks can speak of working ministries and the foreign land may speak of a place where you are not familiar with the language, customs, etc. Know how even if we speak the same physical language we can share different internal languages. Like how at times we may associate words, behaviors, and such be customs we grew up in, experiences we've had, etc. Like running around with short and t-shirt in the U.S. may be fairly common in the South here where I live but in some mideastern countries women may be seriously punished for it due to what it says to them according to their traditions.

The justice system being corrupt seems to speak for itself. Justice is not being carried out properly and appears to be catered in corruption.

Not sure I see the rest so well so will give some info that may help. We who are in Jesus have transcended the law. The law was never made to govern his life but was given alongside the promise to identify the sinful carnal life and sentence it to death. The believer is crucified with Jesus and as such released from the heavy yoke of the law.

I like to see it this way as I understand it. It's a jurisdiction thing. When I am in Jesus I am moving above the law in the fruits of the Spirit of which there is no law against the fruits for the law was not made to govern the life of Jesus manifested in the fruits of the Spirit.

If we willingly move out of our covering in Jesus and operate from the old life, the law can stop us for we have entered into his jurisdiction. He can warn us to remain crucified with Christ so that we can soar in His Spirit. If we willingly and continuously ignore its warning, the law has the right to step in for we have willingly and continuously chosen to ingore its warning and proceed in its jurisdiction (to identify and deal with the old carnal life / man). It can't help us at the deepest level though but it can do its job and imprison us, and its agents can even use deadly force if necessary.

Things you may know already but may help you with the dream. And I don't claim to know it all and have it all right.

The unloading of freight may speak of unloading burdens you may be carrying.

Anyway, not sure I see it all yet it may speak of entering a place in your journey / personal ministry, where justice appears to be corrupt and spirits may be running it. You during this also may be working in your line of ministry. Appears this officer is fairly lenient with you and then seems to adapt a different attitude as you begin to unload.

Maybe he doesn't like what you are unloading. You know like some people don't mind us sharing and such. They may at first be lenient and forgiving with some of our shortcomings but when they see what we have, they may not care for it and then the rules change.

I would think your surrender alone would have been enough not to shoot. Maybe he really didn't like what you had to unload. And your death and resurrection reminds me of death with Christ and resurrection in his Spirit but I don't think his Spirit would have us hitting someone. I'm wondering if the death may speak of how he may have killed some thing close to your heart and this resurrection may have been a resurrection of the old carnal life but dunno.

Anyway, don't feel I see it all clearly but may help you some as you prayerfully inquire of the Lord regarding your dream.

For your prayerful consideration.
Feel free to toss what may not fit.

Love in Him,
Joanne
Enjoy the journey
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

I felt like this dream represented

You had stepped out into something new that initially was supported by someone in authority someone you looked up to. Then for some unknown reason Monkey business started and they changed They started to say things to hurt you It wounded your heartyou gave up at first but NOW It Hurt your feelings but Mercy truimphs over Judment. Out of the hurt God is taking that and using it to cause something to come alive and give you power and you are going to fight full force

prayerfully consider
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Rev RD:

God is giving you some head warning of future warfare. I've had this happen before, and it did help some, although I was unable to successfully avert it, but did my best to prevent it.

Call to prayer!

Thanks God for your warnings! Give Rev RD much wisdom in this battle ahead. Help him to remember our battle is not carnal and that he won't win the battle with fleshly/worldly strength, but show him his spiritual ammunition--love, the truth, prayer and praise, forgiveness... And use this situation for your glorious purposes. Amen! Oh and keep your breastplate of righteousness on to shield you from that bullet.

Bless you~
Peggy O.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Rev RD:

God is giving you some head warning of future warfare. I've had this happen before, and it did help some, although I was unable to successfully avert it, but did my best to prevent it.

Call to prayer!

Thanks God for your warnings! Give Rev RD much wisdom in this battle ahead. Help him to remember our battle is not carnal and that he won't win the battle with fleshly/worldly strength, but show him his spiritual ammunition--love, the truth, prayer and praise, forgiveness... And use this situation for your glorious purposes. Amen! Oh and keep your breastplate of righteousness on to shield you from that bullet (don't let the devil's lies penetrate your heart).

Bless you~
Peggy O.
rev_rob_dunham
Bronze Member

Post by rev_rob_dunham »

naveah wrote:
You had stepped out into something new that initially was supported by someone in authority someone you looked up to.
Naveah, you are right about stepping into something new. I have been in some major spiritial battles in the last few months; and I feel as though I'm stepping into something new with God. As Joyce Meyer puts it, "A new level, a new devil."

Thank you Peggyo for the heads up. This must be round 10 of this battle I'm going through (Oh boy, here we go again). There must be something good going to happen, for me to get attacked like this.

Thanks for all your prayers