The smell of dirt

Archives for 2008
sigmon2
Diamond Member

The smell of dirt

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi All
had this dream this afternoon during a nap and it has got me wondering....I did not have onions w/chili either........
It started with me and another sitting in a covered area on the edge of a football field. the field was not lush and green but poor looking......the team ran by and another guy who was part of the two of us was behind him.....we 3 were managers....and we were taking turns helping the team......the guy with me started to go and I told him I would and he asked me if I was sure and I said yes....there was minimal color in the dream but some....I saw the team throwing the football around....they were high school to older age and the coach was not that old........I went out and one that looked like my nephew turned and pointed out that I was coming...I waved and said I would be there in just a minute....the team had a look of amazement like I was really coming....they were watching as suddenly I got heavier and heavier and I begin to dig the ground out from under me.....I said just a minute as I felt like I was crawling now....I saw the coach turn and look at me and shake his head like he could not believe it....but I was so heavy and the dirt so soft if I moved I dug deeper....I could see the dirt at eye level it was dark and fresh and clean....it smelled like clean good dirt...the kind that every person/farmer wants in their garden...then I looked around me and slowly woke up...........

I looked up a couple of places and it mentioned being maybe (my thoughts of its words) being weighted down.....then there is the thought of digging a ditch, could be I have a sin or troubles......in the dream I was being helpful and nothing more.... folks were surprised I was even on the field, and when I got bogged down shaking of the head was all I got.......the other thing was the dirt....it was a good dirt...in smell and touch and look....a rich dirt that everyone wants, but the field above it was dry and not green with patches of grass here and there....more weeds than grass....all brown and ruff to play on.......
I see this as a spiritual dream............but what direction it takes to the good or the bad is the question...or should I say...am I in trouble again with the Lord or am I doing something right......
so I have been pondering this today......
see ya
and thanks
scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Hi Sigmon,
Sorry I don't have an interp. I would pay more attention to the things in color in the dream looks like Holy Spirit may be directing your eye there.

IRL when I smell dirt, I know rain is coming. I have no ideal why.

Blessings,
Joy
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi Joy
Thanks.....the football and the dirt and the ugh of a field were in more of a notice me color....while all else was bland......yeah on the rain thing.....I got to wondering if somebody was going to let me be on the spiritual playing field that was kind of dry and such on the surface but really good underneath......that maybe when I get invited I want to help but my nature is to stir things up and not run around and play the game??? see I did not take this as a bad dream really or one where I was in trouble either it was one where I was being told something...like a spiritual nugget.....could be something about myself....I do tend to stir things up, I just can not keep my mouth shut very long in spiritual matters......
well I'll just keep watching for the answers..........
thanks again
see ya
scott
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

Actually, I saw this as a good dream.

Coach -- a mentoring position

Team tossing the football -- those who are being mentored to are trying, sincere!

Field not in good shape -- the ground they are covering is not bringing forth growth. Perhaps the one leading at this time (coach already on the field) is not able to take them further in their journey than where they are -- no growth.

You decide to take the field -- you are going to take your turn at mentoring.

Growing heavy -- the Word you will teach will carry much weight.

The dirt -- (I love this part!) -- Good soil! You dig DEEP into Good Soil to plant the seed!

God Bless you -- I think God may be calling you to a more active roll in something that you are already involved in but where you have been letting another be in the lead, although they have no more authority than yourself.
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi All

Post by sigmon2 »

Just thought I would update this.....after this dream by a short period of time......the Pastor start using me and another man in a three person rotation for preaching and the lady who teaches adult sunday school got really sick....her heart, she is doing well now, but I had to teach for her and when she came back she wanted to co teach...but I do most of the teaching.....so this dream came true....because I tend to get long winded while I am digging in the word...........so when its my turn you can smell fresh dirt...........haha... lol
see ya
scott