Mathematics Exercise

Archives for 2009
EDDY & TINA
Silver Member

Mathematics Exercise

Post by EDDY & TINA »

I had a dream this morning, being in a lecture room, and there comes a very tall person, who just taps on you and expel something from you leaving you powerless and was doing it to others, and we all seems to be in a competition.
There after a tutor took us through a mathematics exercise, and a very small child(boy) was demonstrating his genius knowledge in the subject.
We were later given a maths assignment by this tutor who seem not to like me, and me liking her either. Some of the question on my paper were in French instead of English, and i was struggling. I then realised that their were just three of us in a Bus( including a friend who was very clever and intelligent at school, he also does appear in my dreams often, in dreams of assignment) doing the assignment, and the tutor made a comment about everyone of us to concentrate on our assignment.
Still having difficulties with the assignment, i made some errors on the answering sheet and decided to get a new one, but i only had a A5 ones, and whiles flipping through, i realise flipping through an A4 which was a relief, and i woke up.
Well will like to hear what the Spirit of God saying1
Last edited by EDDY & TINA on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi E and A,
As I prayed about your dream this is what came to me. This is for your prayerful discernment, of course.

The tutor immediately reminded me of these verses in Galations:
Galatians 4
1Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ

The "tutor" was the old law --list of rules and regulations that the Jewish people needed to keep before Jesus Christ became the final sacrifice for our sins.

The word competition reminds me of how it is so easy to try to measure our spiritual progress by comparing ourselves to others. This is how many of us are distracted. This is religion which tries to appease God through our own efforts.

The tutor is mean. She gives you an impossible assignment. The fact that not all of it is is even in your own language makes it more impossible and is a hint that it is not actually meant for you.

There are three mathematics majors in my family. They joke that they liked math when they were in school because the answers at the bottom of the page were either right or wrong ---none of this nebulous interpret-the-poem English major stuff for them. :wink: Perhaps "mathematics exam" represents a black and white, right or wrong type of thinking that leaves little room for grace in the grey areas.

A bus often speaks of a teaching ministry, or a church group on a learning journey together.

I feel the purpose of the right/wrong competitive assignment is to distract you from the freedom Christ has given you. Perhaps the element that the tall person was extracting was your freedom in Christ, that left you feeling powerless.

Galatians 5
1IN [this] freedom Christ has made us free [and completely liberated us]; stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery [which you have once put off]. Amplified version
God bless you. Keep seeking the Lord.
...that I might know Him...
EDDY & TINA
Silver Member

Post by EDDY & TINA »

That's sound interesting and will prayerfully bring it before God.
Thanks for the import.
EDDY & TINA
Silver Member

Post by EDDY & TINA »

Any more thoughts, anyone!
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

These are scriptures that came to my mind:

2 Timothy 2:15 be diligent to present thyself approved to God -- a workman irreproachable, rightly dividing the word of the truth;

other translations say we should study to show ourselves approved unto God.

Matthew 19:13 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.

Matthew19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

What I see is, you being in a lecture hall shows that you are in a learning season.....or a season of preparation.

But you should not be intimidated by people who seem to know more than you.......

Because the kingdom belongs to even children....we must also come as children before Him:

Mark 10:13 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.

Mark 10:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

It looks to me as if you may have trouble understanding when you are studying and have become frustrated......or even in the application of what you are learning.

If this is the case, then you should pray and ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom, because He will give it without reproach.

Your foundation of the Word must be a sure foundation, this is what Jesus has said:

Matthew 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matthew 7:25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
Matthew 7:26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
Matthew 7:27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

These are my thoughts based only what I have read in your dream.
I pray that the Lord continually lead and guide you into ALL truth.
Lillian
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

:) Hello Eddy and Tina,

was wondering if you could explain the first part where the tall guy taps on someone...I'm not sure what you mean by expel....
EDDY & TINA
Silver Member

Post by EDDY & TINA »

Lillian....That's really brought enlightenment and a kind of connection to the previous suggestion, thanks very much.
EDDY & TINA
Silver Member

Post by EDDY & TINA »

TamaraLynne........
well it was a gently sort of tap on my head and I felt something gone out of me, and the person did the same to the others(4-5people). The tall person, was also a competitor)
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

I'm not very good at dream interpretation....but I can write down the few things I felt from your dream....

......This is about striving
.....and that you should know it is not by your strength but his.
......you will be victorious
....he wants you to understand grace

In understanding the verses of the house built upon the rock....well to me we have to first understand the baptism of the Holy Spirit and how he abides in us and that the very ground we walk on is holy ground because God is with us and in us. And that nothing is in our own strength...God is transforming us....and he is our strength.
It took me awhile to fully understand grace........and it is something that seems to gently fall upon my head and it is a total sigh of relief...it feels like a gift from heaven.

I keep wanting to write more but I'm not very good at explaining what I know....

Love Tam