talking turkey

Archives for 2007
connie
Diamond Member

talking turkey

Post by connie »

Dream Dec 7, 2007

A few hours before I went to bed I started to crave turkey, specifically the breast meat and I actually could see slices of moist white turkey breast with golden skin. mmm..mmm

Then I dreamed this. I saw a beautifully roasted turkey in a square, silver roast pan. I saw pieces of the legs and other dark meat had been sliced off but no one touched the white meat. I heard 'they want to eat only the dark meat and only around the edges.' My eyes were on the breast/white meat which remained untouched and looked mouth watering with that golden crisp skin. I had a sense that several people had 'picked at the turkey'.. End

The dark meat represents a 'mixture' of (carnal) flesh and the righteousness & purity of the Word, specifically the 'meat/deep , mature things' of the Word and ways of the Lord. And eating around the edges gave me the impression of surface nibbling, not partaking of enough to fill and nourish the body, not eating the meat down to the bone..

Praying for who the 'they' is. and to whom is the Lord speaking. I am not in a church.. but I'd rather not guess nor presume as to the who.

Perhaps more revelation will come as this dream marinates in this anointed place.

In Him, connie
talitha

Post by talitha »

Connie, I am reminded of this painting of my husband's, which has nothing to do with a turkey, but you'll see the connection I'm sure, particularly when you see the write-up.....

In this painting Jesus stands with his left hand holding back the winds of destruction and the riders of the apocalypse. His right hand blesses those gathered about Him, healing them answering their prayers. You'll notice that his eyes aren't on them. They're searching, searching for his bride. Those who would ask no favor but love Him just because He is Lord.

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling." (Matthew 23:37)

...Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." (Matthew 26:26)

Seems to me as if to only eat the outer parts is to reject His offering of His whole self......

just some stuff to add to the marinade, I guess......

blessings
tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I was thinking about how the breast is the best part of the bird...the outer layers that all were picking at were the parts that taste good but are fatty...

It reminds me of how you can eat the fatty parts and they will fill you but the end results are death and disease...as to where if you eat the good parts you are filled and live long enough to eat more......

I was having dreams about turkeys too..lol..I am wondering ...hmmmmm....Wondering if this isn't a corporate dream as well..for the whole body of Christ..a warning per say to stay away from the meat that looks good and tastes good but is really not the whole white meat persay...the whole word...???

Love you and praying for you to gain fullness of this..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Tal & WFH,

I thought I had replied to you but.... :oops: well I did reply in my heart but not on the keyboard.. forgive me.

My spirit says yes, yes, yes. Tal, please tell Nathan I love the painting and the caption. It is perfectly fitting. The scriptures you offered Tal are among my favorites.
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling." (Matthew 23:37)
This one never ceases to bring me to tears because I feel the Lord's yearning heart. Very fitting for all his little 'turkey chicks'

WFH, it does appear to be a corporate reminder to partake of the Lord's fullness & again partaking of the full communion supper and all the blessings & sufferings that come with it. In retrospect, I can say It's all for our good.

We serve a good God.. (lol on a silver platter)

His Love, connie