Driving in reverse on a highway

Archives for 2008
lynnjl83
Platinum Member

Driving in reverse on a highway

Post by lynnjl83 »

I doozed off while trying to pray and had this dream:

I was in a car with my brother, Quan and a guy from my job named Andy (he is a christian). It was either my brother or Andy driving and I was in the backseat. I think it was my brother. We were on a highway going to pick up my cousin, Troy.

We were driving in the correct direction but we were driving in reverse down the highway. I asked why he was driving in reverse, but he denied driving in reverse. He said it was driving in the right way. I told them that I know we are going in reverse because I had driven like that before, but he still insisted that he wasn't doing that. I didn't say anything else.

We picked up my cousin and that's when I realized we were in New York city. We were driving the right way now when my cousin got in the car. My cousin got in the car and sat next to me in the back.
I then asked my brother if he had been to NY before and he said no. He asked me if I've been here before and I said yea, about 4 times (IRL this is true). My last time here was in August (IRL this is true also). Then I was telling him about the variety of good food there. We were driving around looking and then I woke up from a friend calling me.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God in all its righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Matt. 6:33
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

lynnjl83,
A highway is often symbolic of the path of salvation and the way of holiness. Driving in the correct direction, but driving in reverse may speak of operating by the letter of the law as opposed to being led by the Holy Spirit. It may also speak of one who is backsliding or regressing in things of the spirit instead of moving forward in the right way.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Blessings!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.