Being promoted somehow? Perhaps?

Archives for 2008
Nyela
Gold Member

Being promoted somehow? Perhaps?

Post by Nyela »

It's a quick dream.

I was running a little late for a new job. I was to begin a new job at a University. Teaching first graders. I remember having a laptop at my disposal but was told I would could use either the one assigned to me or I could use one that was made available to me to use.

There were a number of others around, kind of facilitating things. Like a support network; for lack of a more descriptive term.

Thanks for your consideration
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up his countenance on you and give you peace.

Numbers 6.
Nyela
Gold Member

My faint understanding

Post by Nyela »

I am feeling that somehow this is a promotion of some kind. Initially I found it odd that I would be hired as a professor at a university. And to teach of all people, first graders.

Then I begin to think about all the people who have been walking with the Lord for long lengths of time and still do not walk in the power, authority and revelation of the Lord.

So I wondered if somehow that dream symbolized a shifting of sorts occurring in my life and also in the lives of those He allows me to minister to.

I was thinking the support network symbolized a group of individuals who were covering me in the spirit. Those who loved me in one way or another that would help to make sure my new job was all that it could be for me as well as for those I would be working for/with.

Thoughts?
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.

Numbers 6.
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom!!! I do not know what you do as far as ministry, but when I read the dream, I wondered if it had something to do with teaching the basics of the Gospel... first graders are learning the basics of everything - reading, writing, etc... and their little minds are sponges, taking in everything that is thrown their way. :D

The fact that you were a professor may indicate that you are in a higher place of authority to teach those you are teaching... and I wonder if the support team represents those who will work alongside you to help spread the message He gives you for this group of people? Are you doing any kind of outreach missions or have a desire to do so???

Just sharing my impression... please toss all that does not bear witness... Shalom!
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
Nyela
Gold Member

Hmmmm

Post by Nyela »

Thank you for your reply. I'm not really sure if it resonates or not. To be honest with you, I love the Lord and I love working for Him.
But I sincerely hope with everything that is within me that He is not giving me a ministry to young people! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh gosh do I hope I don't have a ministry with young people. While I love young people and I have a heart to see them reach their potential, having my own that I've been charged with is truly ENOUGH! :lol: :lol: :lol: I really mean that.

With respect to missions, I don't know. I have never been on a mission trip technically. My father is from another country and I have friends and family members in other countries, but I haven't felt a calling to go to those places as a missionary. So I don't know. It's certainly something to ponder.

Dear heavenly father, I love and I thank you for the opportunity to give my life back to you. But please Lord, please...I beg you not to give me a ministry to little people. Please Lord. In Jesus name! AMEN! :idea:

Numbers 6.
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom! One clarification: when I spoke of teaching, I did not necessarily mean little people, lol, but maybe just those who are learning the basics in Christ - those who are just beginning in Him...
that those who are new in Christ are like first graders, learning the basics. :D

Anyhoo, I pray you find the true revelation of the dream - Shalom!!!
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!