Storm

Archives for 2008
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Storm

Post by kbasmommy »

Hello,

I had a dream last night that disturbed me. Any thoughts or interpretations would be greatly appreciated! here is my dream:

I am at my grandparents old house where I grew up and I notice the sky is a very dark grey and cloudly. The clouds descend very low almost touching the ground. I become very afraid and I call my mother. She says " let's pray." and I begin to pray saying" Not my will God but your will." Then I hang up the phone.

A hispanic woman with her daughter who I don't know are in my grandparents house. The woman tells me " You have a bill to pay." I look at the bill it is for $100.00 and I sign my name. I tell her " Usually I throw these bills away but I'll pay it." Then I give it back to her.

I tell my grandparents the storm that's coming is very dangerous and we need to pack and get out of the house Asap. My grandparent ignore me and think i'm crazy. I begin to beg them to take me seriously.

I go upstairs to my old room and begin throwing things in a bag like a mad woman. I find a picture of me , my aunt, my grandmother and my cousin. We are all wearing Red and dressed up then I notice my cousins head is cut off in the picture. I look again and his head is back on.

My grandparents come upstairs and slowly begin to pack. I yell " The storm is coming you have to move faster!" but they are still moving slowly.

I go back down stairs and I see the hispanic woman I tell her in Spanish " the storm is coming " and she runs out the door with her daughter.

I hear a loud Boom! then I see the next door neigbors house in on fire and it is spreading to my grandparents house. Now they are frantic and trying to get out and pack.

We get safely outside and I see a police van that is announcing something but I can't understand. Then I wake up.

Thank you in advance to any thoughts or interpretations.
God bless
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Wondering if the cousin's name is significant? The one who had the head cut off in the picture? The word "disconnect" came to me when I read that part.

Sometimes storms can be overwhelming situations or trials too...wondering if its about money or bills?

Your grandmother may represent your spiritual family/inheritance.

Wondering if there is something that you may have warned them about with finances or something?

These are just some thoughts.
Discard what doesn't minister.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

I'm not sure kbas, but I have had a lot of "storm's coming" dreams in the last few weeks. I'm beginning to think this is a storm of oppositional spiritual activity. It could be manifested in many different physical ways. (In my dreams the storms feed off sin -particularly fear...but that's just my dream.)

Perhaps your grandparents represent the comfortable way your church family has done things for many years. They are not prepared for circumstances to change.

I think perhaps the Hispanic woman is reminding you to pay off any old debts by forgiving and asking forgiveness for any offenses you may have committed (Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.) particularly with people who are not part of the church family. This means even the little things you can usually ignore. The result of this is that they will listen to you.

In the photo members of your family are in red, which I think means covered by the blood of Jesus. They are saved, but not necessarily actively thinking or observing since one of the heads is cut off -but it will return, perhaps as a result of your prayers.

I think your dream is about the church needing to quit sitting around in comfort and get up and get moving.

Please, if this doesn't fit, ignore it and keep seeking.
...that I might know Him...
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I think your dream is about the church needing to quit sitting around in comfort and get up and get moving.
Amen! Lord help me to obey your word and to do my part in the body of Christ! Help me Lord to set an example and to keep your word alive in my heart.

WFH
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

First thank you for all the responses. the cousin with the head cut off in the picture has been the center of many offenses that he has committed that have ruined childhoods and lives if you can read between the lines;however I personally have forgiven him.

I have had many dreams about my church that I haven't posted one where I was sitting in my church and suddenly it began to turn upside down tilting until it was completely upside down. I'm not sure about the connection.

I appreciate the reminder of unpaid debt. I was very hurt about something another cousin said recently to someone in our family as there is a lot of backbitting and gossiping. We also attend the same church.

I ALWAYS dream of my grandparents and most of my dreams take place in their house which represent a sense of security for me. They are always warning me not the other way around so I'm not sure why I am warning them and they aren't listening.
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

WFH Meaning of the cousin's name with the head cut off means PEACE so maybe significant that the peace in our family as been cut off as their is so much turmoil and backbiting?
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

that is certainly worth praying over!
WFH
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

I ALWAYS dream of my grandparents and most of my dreams take place in their house which represent a sense of security for me. They are always warning me not the other way around so I'm not sure why I am warning them and they aren't listening.
I felt when you said this is that they were your spiritual mentors but you have grown in Christ and they still see you as a babe in Christ instead of a matured Christian. Please disregard if I'm off...
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”