Flash flood destroys big tree

Archives for 2008
Charys
Diamond Member

Flash flood destroys big tree

Post by Charys »

I dreamt a sudden huge flash flood came roaring through our neighbourhood. When I went out to check the damage, a huge willow tree in our back yard was completely gone. There was just a big hole and even the roots seemed to have been washed away. Along the edge of the property was a row of small spindly apple trees I hadn't noticed before. They were totally laden with big ripe red apples right down to the ground. Even the trunks were covered with apples.

I looked at my neighbour's yard. Their vegetable garden was also gone. I went to visit them. In the dream they were an elderly couple. They were very hospitable and insisted on making lunch for a little boy (who was our son in the dream) and two of his friends, but the wife was a nervous wreck and couldn't stop shaking. We took our "son" home, but left the two friends there.

I grieved for the big tree.
(IRL I love that tree, even though the neighbours complain that it drops leaves all over the place in the fall --and it really should be pruned.)
...that I might know Him...
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

sudden huge flash flood came roaring
To me, this speaks of judgement coming to the church at large.
The flood is His Spirit, coming to wash away fleshly works and those things that are not profitable. A new move of the Spirit is already underway and you will see the old move to make room for the new. A changing of the guard.
There was just a big hole and even the roots seemed to have been washed away. Along the edge of the property was a row of small spindly apple trees I hadn't noticed before.

Jas 5:7 - Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

I also believe this speaks of up and coming ministries, full of fruit, who have reached their maturity level and God is going to reveal them to the world, although being in hiding for sometime.

This is a very prophetic word. May He use you mightily in the days to come. Blessings!
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thanks RevK. I'm sorry I ended up deleting a lot of a previous post here. I thought I was editing a quote. :roll: I agree it is about changes coming to the church but now I think it is also personal.

"Ooooh, God is getting ready to mess with some people's heads! This is gonna be good. Thank you Jesus!" -me, in the post I just accidently deleted. :wink: and which you will quote in the next post. Time travel!!! :mrgreen:

And guess what? He's starting with mine! lol (God is soooo good)

Joy, on another dream I posted, the Lord asked you "Why an African basket?" and it made us both delve deeper. After I posted above about understanding this tree to be the church he asked me, "Why a WILLOW tree? Why in YOUR back yard?" I thought willow...weeping willow...sadness? Maybe if the tree is in my back yard (back = private?) it's also about some changes in my own life. When I came back I found your reply. Thank you. I love His timing.

Just the thought of having the sorrow of my past washed away, roots and all, is so... what can I say... absolutely magnificent! I think I've mentioned before that I have known long stretches of severe depression going back to childhood. The roots go deep. I thank the Lord from the bottom of my heart that I have never felt so well as in the past couple of years and I do believe I have been healed. There are still moments, however, when doubt starts to creep in and the what-ifs whisper in the back of my brain. What if it comes back? It's always come back before. And there is this strange perverse grief over letting go of the familiar, even if the familiar is only pain upon pain. My friend calls that a stronghold -just accepting the thought that illness has always been a part of my life. She has been helping me understand that the weapons of our warfare are powerful for the pulling down of strongholds.

Sometimes I tell God that I don't understand why He shows me things because I don't exactly have a reputation for being the bastion of emotional stability. It would be easy for people to write me off as a crazy lady. On the other hand there's nothing quite like deep depression to expose one's need for total dependence on Jesus to get through the next hour. If ever I think I can do anything on my own I only have to remember what it's like to be too broken to get out of bed in the morning.

One of the last things my mother expressed, before she became too ill to communicate, was how disappointed she was because I "could have done something with my life." (I think I have forgiven her, but maybe there's still more to let go of here.) The thought that the Lord might still be able to produce fruit through me has me in tears.

Happy tears, mind you.

I'm wondering if the "son" is about blessing and nurturing the next generation. I do believe the next generation is a very special generation.
Last edited by Charys on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

Ooooh, God is getting ready to mess with some people's heads! This is gonna be good. Thank you Jesus!
No truer words have been spoken! Watch as Our God, Shows up
and Shows Out!

Blessings!
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

I dreamt a sudden huge flash flood came roaring through our neighbourhood. When I went out to check the damage, a huge willow tree in our back yard was completely gone. There was just a big hole and even the roots seemed to have been washed away. Along the edge of the property was a row of small spindly apple trees I hadn't noticed before. They were totally laden with big ripe red apples right down to the ground. Even the trunks were covered with apples.
I see the flood as a flood of the Holy Spirit and the willow as a weeping willow that will be removed roots and all. This is symbolic of a sadness or place of suffering you have been in and the Lord is going to sweep it out of your life with a flood of Holy Spirit and replace it with fruit bearing trees that in the natural people would say no way possible.
I looked at my neighbour's yard. Their vegetable garden was also gone. I went to visit them. In the dream they were an elderly couple. They were very hospitable and insisted on making lunch for a little boy (who was our son in the dream) and two of his friends, but the wife was a nervous wreck and couldn't stop shaking. We took our "son" home, but left the two friends there.
I see this as the flood of Holy Spirit washing away what the past has been feeding upon. The couple in the dream were still with food and trying to feed the younger generation. Old things gone but new provision offered. The nervous woman may be representing part of the older church generation that although they want to help doesn't quite understand a new flood from God.
Not sure but taking your son home may indicate you will take your blessing and also leave one for each for the couple.
I grieved for the big tree.
Leaving our hurts isn't always easy and we do grieve for them. I think the Lord may be using the tree to show the weeping part of the dream but also to show the parting of something we love for something better.
(IRL I love that tree, even though the neighbours complain that it drops leaves all over the place in the fall --and it really should be pruned.)
Talk to Discerning, she can tell ya exactly how to prune that tree IRL. LOL :wink:

Consider with much prayer and discard if this doesn't witness to you.

Blessings,
Joy
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Joy, I meant to post a reply, but somehow ended up replacing a previous post with a big edit. I am so techno-challenged. :roll:

I'm re-posting the link to the dream I had in the spring about children and floods washing away the old (which I accidently deleted) because...just because I love that dream!

viewtopic.php?t=8362
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: Flash flood destroys big tree

Post by charlie »

Charys wrote: a huge willow tree in our back yard was completely gone. There was just a big hole and even the roots seemed to have been washed away. Along the edge of the property was a row of small spindly apple trees I hadn't noticed before. They were totally laden with big ripe red apples right down to the ground. Even the trunks were covered with apples.
Charys...I really believe that the willow speaks of grief but not of a normal grief...I sense quite clearly that it is based on a grief borne out of low self-esteem and rejection which may lead to self pity. The roots of the willow threaten the foundations of your house and they must come up and be swept away (IRL I love the weeping willow :roll: ). GOD WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT THE FOUNDATIONS LAID BY THE WORK OF CHRIST BE DISPLACED by the lies of the enemy. I believe that this dreams shows that your are of one mind with Christ and determined to uproot all that hinders you from being fruitful. The row of apple trees are such an encouragement...you are fruitful friend.

Wow you are on a mission wiht Abba at the moment for sure. As I read your posts I can see that your transparency, clarity and determination are wrestling for victory. I admire you and pray that you will experience joy in the assurance of His love at this time.

Charys...as ever prayfully

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3