Dream of Hearing and Listening

Archives for 2008
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Dream of Hearing and Listening

Post by dance-in-the-son »

I have never had a dream like this...a hearing dream and quick vision. I trust that the Holy Spirit will lead me to the answer.

irl: Last night my husband and I were at dinner with a couple who have a ministry. The wife was telling me how her eyes were heavy feeling and I told her that mine get like that too at times. Then a couple hours after going to bed I had this dream. Does anyone have any insights as to what this means?

12/11/08 1:05am

I think I was dreaming and I heard my friend Stephanie talking to her husband in the background (almost as if he were talking to me on the phone) I heard her say, "my eyes are heavy". As soon as I heard this I had a vision of a friend who was just talking about her eyes being heavy last night at dinner (which reminded me) Then it felt as if a nightmare was coming and then I heard "the enemy is trying to attack in the area of hearing (listening). I am sure this was the Lord speaking.
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
ElElyonsbride
Gold Member

Post by ElElyonsbride »

deaf and dumb spirit?
In Love With Him, Renee
For in Him (I) live and move and have (my) being....Acts 17:28
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

eyes being heavy--a spirit of slumber or prayerlessness....

Mat 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.

Mat 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Mat 26:43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy

Eyes--in the Greek can be eyes OR metaphorically the eyes of the mind or the faculty of knowing (related to hearing Him I would think).

Heavy--in the Greek is to be heavy burdened, weighed down, depressed.

can refer to being weighed down or oppressed with calamities or external evils.

Is she/they going through some hard times? I'm sure they could use prayrs on their behalf. I pray the Lord will speak to their hearts to cast their cares on Him and that they will learn to lean and trust in Him fully in this new season.

Be blessed to overflowing!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Thank you, I will definately pray. Please pray for me also.

I also know that I need to be more aware of the source of my dreams as the enemy is trying to bring fear through some dreams and I shouldn't have even entertained them as much as I did...with my thoughts, reasoning, etc. Bless you both, it makes perfect sense. I will seek the Lord as to how to pray or what I am to do with this. Thank you.
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12