starting over

Archives for 2008
Tic
Silver Member

starting over

Post by Tic »

This is a dream a had a few nights ago.

To present this dream first I need to provide some background information. I am what they call and Owner/operator in the moving business. Meaning that I own and Operate the truck that comes to ones house to load ones house hold goods if he or she were to move across the country. I lease my truck and my service to United Van Lines.

So the dream. I am at a customers house completing the inventory of the goods which I will be transporting for them. While I am doing this, something that I do not let occur to often is taking place. One of the men that I have hired to work for me that day is starting to load my truck. When I finish the inventory I see that this guy has done it all wrong. I won’t get specific here since many of you will not know what I am talking about. I tear every thing he has done down and start over again.

When I woke, I came to the conclusion that there is some thing in my life that I have gone about all wrong even by my standards let alone by the standards of the Lord Jesus. This had been on my mind for many days, and last night I had to do something that was very difficult. Letting go of someone I Love because the Lord has put us at a stand still.

Any words of encouragement would be very helpful to a person who right now is trying hard but is losing heart.
Last edited by Tic on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Well, seeing as you said the hiree was "loading YOUR truck wrong"

I would think that in order for God to get you to the next place in Him, you do have to make sure that everything is in proper order. Sometimes people we love the most can keep us from our destiny in Christ.

look at Abraham--God told him to leave his family and his homeland...(remember--this was pre-phone and pre-internet days!!). No detailed specifics at the beginning, just "leave everything you know and are familiar with and trust Me, come seek Me, seek My will and My purpose for you. Because if you can trust Me enough to leave what you know behind, YOU will reap a far bigger and better blessing than you ever thought imagineable." (my interp)

You know, I think we have gotten too comfortable in what WE THINK we know rather than being SURE and FIRM that we are in HIS perfect will for us. BE encouraged! All the good things your heart is set on, HE has made provision for! But if you are seeking Him and His absolute best for your life, it does require pruning, weeding...and yes, leaving things behind in order to move forward.

Know that He cannot fill what is already full. But if you are empty and waiting on Him, no matter how painful or long the nights may be, HE WILL fill you to overflowing so much so that you will wonder why you stayed up crying so many nights in the past!

If only you understood how much good He has just waiting for you. Let go of the past and embrace His plan...trust Him to lead you in the way everlasting.

Get full of that Word and stay close to Him!

Be blessed to overflowing!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Tic
Silver Member

Post by Tic »

keilani,

Thank you so much, for your words are gracious, kind, and full of encouragement. Abraham, has been on my mind for weeks now! Psaml 13 has also been rattling around up there.

Again thank you for some awesome words.