Silicone Control Rectifier (SCR)

Archives for 2009
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Silicone Control Rectifier (SCR)

Post by dance-in-the-son »

This is my husbands dream- 1/3/09

I was at an industrial facility (like a pump station that I use to work at with the city) then it seemed myself and a coworker were at the hospital-not sure. Something happened with the SCR-Silicone control rectifier. The SCR blew out. We were talking about what happened. I thought it was the big SCR in the main generator and my coworker said, no it was the small SCR that blew. We may have been in the hospital due to the SCR blowing up...not sure.

IRL this is what an SCR is in a nutshell:

1. SCR: Silicon Controlled Rectifier. A semiconductor device that functions as an electrically controlled switch. (a) An SCR is one in the family of semiconductors that includes transistors and diodes. (b) The basic purpose of a SCR is to function as a switch that can turn on or off small or large amounts of power. It performs this function without mechanical parts.

2. Where in the circuit are you providing transient voltage surge suppression? (a) You would most likely use a "Thyristor" in a generator field circuit, or "Chokes" in voltage regulators and power supplies.

3. SCR's are normally found in electrical/electronic equipment and are on the secondary side of your equipment supply transformer, effectively isolated from your service electrical system. Result, no "noise" to spike your lamps.

Any insights?
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
Liger

SCR: Silicon Controlled Rectifier

Post by Liger »

I have a question! Did the rectifer blow out due to heat transfer?
I had a dream yesterday about a rectifier heat transfer grease on my hands.
Its a white grease used to transfer the heat between to metal objects. I used to use it exclusively for rectifer heat transfer. I thought it strange when I read your dream being I havent been in the generator industiryy for 20 years. Nor have I even thought about it at all!
Thanks, Rob
Travis
Silver Member

Post by Travis »

What comes to mind is the tongue. Small things can control large things, the rudder of a ship, etc... Is it possible that the flow of God's love is being stopped by a small thing? Just a thought.

God bless
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Liger,

He was talking to someone after it happened, it didn't have anything to do with heat transfer. I beleive that Travis may be hitting something, I will pray about it.
Dance...
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

might have been a Holy Ghost transfer as is witnessing to whomever and releasing the fire of God from one child of God to another
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Thanks everyone, it may be a little of all since we only see in part. Thank you.
Dance...