~The Marine Corps and Pregnant at 51

Archives for 2009
Luke145Woman
Gold Member

~The Marine Corps and Pregnant at 51

Post by Luke145Woman »

Hi..... a somewhat disturbing (and hard-to-understand) dream last night:

For some reason, I had joined the Marines at age 50!! My explanation to people was "I wanted a change". Yet everyone knew they don't accept people my age into the USMC, but for some reason they accepted me. My husband is a retired Marine and stood by my decision to join, though even he didn't understand me.

I started to feel tired and just blah, and went to the doctor. They told me I was pregnant! I was in shock. I knew there was no way I could have a baby AND be in the Marines, I would collapse! So, I was talking to everyone, asking them how I could get out of the military, but they all said "No way - you signed up for it, you have to stay, pregnant and all." I kept saying, "Hey, I'm just a lowly corporal, I am not important to you. I am too old. PLEASE let me out so I can have my baby!" No one would agree.

My family and friends thought I was crazy when I told them I was pregnant. I kept buying pregnancy tests to make sure I really, really was! All I kept thinking was "My son is 31 and my daughter 25... how on earth can I start over with a baby? And, while working in the Marines? God???? Where are you? How did I get here? I don't know what to do." Yet, part of me was excited to be having a baby, especially with the knowledge and maturity I have at this time of life.

Any ideas what this means? Thanks.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Your in the Lord's army now. I was just reading the story of Abraham and Sarah this morning and their child of promise Isaac that they had when he was 100 and she was 90. Of course in your dream I feel the child is spiritual gifting. All I heard when I was reading your dream was that neat little children's song.

I may never march in the infantry, Ride in the cavalry, Shoot the artillery.
I may never fly o'er the enemy, But I'm in the Lord's army. (yes, sir!)
I'm in the Lord's army, (yes, sir!) I'm in the Lord's army, (yes, sir!)
I may never march in the infantry, Ride in the Calvary, Shoot the artillery.
I may never fly o'er the enemy, But I'm in the Lord's army. (yes, sir!)

http://www.ebibleteacher.com/children/s ... %20low.wma

in Christ,
Luke145Woman
Gold Member

Post by Luke145Woman »

bjcollin wrote:Your in the Lord's army now.
Hi Brian.. I remember that song!!

If I am in the Lord's army, why would I want to get out, as the dream states?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

you seem mucho confused between the real life and between the spiritual side in the dream. yes in the real life in the military having a baby is taboo, but in the spiritual in the Lord's army its ok. Sorry, but I am not totally sure on what the conflict in the dream as to what it is representing. Maybe some confusion as to what to do with giftedness? I will check in on this topic later.

in Christ,
Luke145Woman
Gold Member

Post by Luke145Woman »

Brian.. thanks for trying.. but I think we are talking two different things! My dream has nothing to do with the military (natural or spiritual) allowing pregnancies.

I want out of the Marine Corps in the dream... you are saying the dream says I am in the Lord's army. I don't see that, since I am wanting to get out, not stay in.

Anyway, thanks anyway.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

ok. Praying for another intrepretation to come forth from somebody else.

in Christ,
j4him77
Bronze Member

Post by j4him77 »

Hi Luke145Woman!

Don't worry! I sense panic, but this is a good dream. Let me continue from where Brian left off. Many times in dreams, we have heightened emotions whether the dream is from the Lord or the enemy it makes no difference. Just because there is fear or worry, doesn't always mean the dream is of the enemy either. However, there is a panic in the dream that you have because you can't understand why you have been placed where you are and because of the physical state you're in. Let me explain...

1st point:
The Marine Corps...why the Marines? Well, think about it. The Marine Corps is the military elite and mostly full of young men and women. They are first to enter battle and secure the ground for the rear troops to come in with further advances.

2nd point:
More times than not, physical pregnancies in dreams implicate the Lord is trying to birth something in the spirit through you. It goes further to understand greater detail if the baby is a boy or girl because they mean different things but for now, we just know that you're pregnant.

Now let me try to put this all together so it flows and you can better understand what's happening. You've said you wanted a change and you enlisted in the Marines. This has brought you to a place where you will receive support from your husband although he may not understand. Once you make this decision to change things up spiritually, the Lord will begin to birth something new in you. Like all physical births, spiritual births are tiring and the waiting and labor is most difficult as you wait to see what the Lord is going to do. Meanwhile you will also be training with young men and women in the Lord and yet you begin to doubt you will be able to survive this kind of training, much less keep up with these 'younger ones'. You even begin to doubt how you got there in the first place, you regret asking for change and easily chalk up this experience not of the Lord because of the difficulty.

You feel your age holds you back yet He is trying to show you that He's placed you exactly where He needs you. You feel you have more wisdom and know-how this time around in your pregnancy and this is great assurance! This is exactly why He's placed you here. Because of your wisdom, you will not only effectively lead the next generation into battle, He will birth something new in you I feel that will help you just for that reason (I strongly sense this is birthing a new ministry amongst the youth) and you will receive training at the same time.

I feel one kind of warfare training you'll receive will be through intercession (intercession softens the ground, breaks open the heavens, secures reinforcements of angels, binds up the enemy, you name it). Ask the Lord for greater clarity about your dream and to give you another dream to confirm it. Please pray over this interpretation and ask the Holy Spirit to bear witness if it speaks true to your life. Don't be afraid of the change He is bringing in your life. Though you may feel like you can't make it, He's going to see you through it all and you'll be very fruitful in the process!

I pray that you receive a spirit of revelation and understanding in dreams and visions of the night and the Lord use you mightily for Him!

Be blessed and filled with joy!

Jaimee :)
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

Not to detract at all from what others have posted, but just to go in an ENTIRELY different direction:

Before I even read your dream, just looking at your title, I was struck by your title: The Marine Corps and Pregnant at 51!

My first thought was -- Area 51.

My seond thought was -- Pregnant, something big pending there.

Then I read your dream.

Now, just to add a little wrinkle, I have some, I guess you could call it, 'inside info' from a friend of mine who is retired from the Marine Corp. He is in his fifties.

He was recenlty called and told that he was on a list to be called back into service. He has been RETIRED for many years. He was in Vietnam, if that gives you some idea of how long he's been out.

I can't say anything more than that, but his alluding to a list leads me to believe that he is not the ONLY Retiree to be told to expect to serve again.

Pure speculation on my part: I think they are being asked to serve in the 'Civil Defense' branch that Obama has proposed.

If this is speaking to your Spirit, than you probably have enough information to put some pieces together from here.
Luke145Woman
Gold Member

Post by Luke145Woman »

Thank you all for your input... it is very enlightening! :lol:
wantingmore
Platinum Member

Marine corp and pregnant at 51

Post by wantingmore »

When I read your dream my instant response was YES! a sister soldier. To add a little to what others have said, Marine bootcamp and/or pregancy are not easy but the end result is worth the work and struggle. A verse that keeps coming back to me is Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. God bless and keep you
Jo-Ann
Gold Member

Post by Jo-Ann »

Good Morning,

Here are three things that stuck me when I read what you wrote.
Biblibal Numbers number 50-Holy Spirit. Baby-Carrying a Vision. Army-The Lord's Army.

Blessings,
Jo-Ann
Psalm 91:1 -He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.