Yellow Dog Licking my face

Archives for 2009
Determined2Grow
Gold Member

Yellow Dog Licking my face

Post by Determined2Grow »

IRL I like animals from afar (not an upclose in your house animal lover). Last year and this year I am having a lot of dreams about dogs. Either someone is giving me some dogs/puppies to take care of and I have to end up buy a leash, dogfood, water, furniture etc... and I am not happy about it but I take the responsiblity and make the best of it or some how dogs are in my house and are waiting for me to tend to them even though I really don't want the responsiblity.

In this dream the dog was yellow/golden full grown and I didn't want him to lick my face but he was friendly and a big size dog (looked like a golden retriever) and he belonged to another couple and I was cautious because I was sensing that they wanted me to get to know the dog or even give it to me. I remember him jumping on me in a playful manner licking my face over and over and at first it grossed me out because he was way to close and was definately invading my personal space but he was so loving and playful and it felt really affectionate and loving. It was so real that as I woke up out of the dream I could still feel the sensation of the dog still licking my face. The dream left me with a feeling of love and warmth.

The other dreams left me feeling like "how am I supposed to take care of these dogs?" :oops:
"Lord lead me to that secret place where I am encircled by the abundance of Your love and manifested presence.....A place where I thirst to go and never want to leave"
ONEBody

Post by ONEBody »

Hi DeterminedtoGrow
A thought only ... any major changes since this dreams about dogs started? Relationships, jobs etc.?
Do you ever feel like you need to bail people out and that you are kind of stuck with it but at the same time you are getting used doing that?
Please disregard if it doesn't make sense.
ONEBody
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

The first word that came to my mind when reading this was: Orphans...

I'm not sure how it applies but I thought that I would throw it out there just in case it was a Holy Spirit thought... :)
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
Determined2Grow
Gold Member

Onebody-

It's true I have been in major transition for about a year and I am just coming to what seems to be the ending of it. So a lot of changes in responsiblities has happened (job, church, location ect....).

NOTW- Hmm orphans .... what comes to mind in the meaning of the word "orphan" is those that no one wants or those which have been abandoned or rejected ???

I have been given some major responsiblities that is challenging me to grow! :oops:
"Lord lead me to that secret place where I am encircled by the abundance of Your love and manifested presence.....A place where I thirst to go and never want to leave"
newmom
Silver Member

Post by newmom »

You said that you were feeling hesitant about taking care of all these dogs in your dreams. Maybe it's something you need to do that you feel hesitant about, but the Lord is showing you that it's not something you need to worry about, but that if you concentrate on love, Loving God first always, then the rest will just happen???

Robyn
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

IRL I like animals from afar (not an upclose in your house animal lover). Last year and this year I am having a lot of dreams about dogs. Either someone is giving me some dogs/puppies to take care of and I have to end up buy a leash, dogfood, water, furniture etc... and I am not happy about it but I take the responsiblity and make the best of it or some how dogs are in my house and are waiting for me to tend to them even though I really don't want the responsiblity.
I am seeing these type dreams as maybe people introducing you to new friends and you feel more like making new friends at this time is more of a burden to you than company or companionship. You may be one that has friends but keep them at arms length or as you say out of your personal space. I believe these dreams may have been preparing your heart for this next dream.
In this dream the dog was yellow/golden full grown and I didn't want him to lick my face but he was friendly and a big size dog (looked like a golden retriever) and he belonged to another couple and I was cautious because I was sensing that they wanted me to get to know the dog or even give it to me.
I am seeing this couple as almost as matchmakers, in a way. They are setting you up with the friend/dog. Letting the dog get to know you and you him.
I remember him jumping on me in a playful manner licking my face over and over and at first it grossed me out because he was way to close and was definately invading my personal space but he was so loving and playful and it felt really affectionate and loving.
I believe this "friend" will be very different for you and you will learn to love him back.
It was so real that as I woke up out of the dream I could still feel the sensation of the dog still licking my face. The dream left me with a feeling of love and warmth.
Hmm, I love these type dreams, makes you want to wake up and look for the dog doesn't it.

I believe this dream is sort of a word of knowledge, for lack of a better word right now, for you to be open to new relationships coming your way. I feel like on that is going to be rewarding is on it's way.

Blessings,
Joy
Determined2Grow
Gold Member

Joy2-

I am LOL ...... this is so true:
You may be one that has friends but keep them at arms length or as you say out of your personal space. I believe these dreams may have been preparing your heart for this next dream.
I believe I am in a right now season of having my "heart enlarged" and my mindset. :roll:

I am meeting a lot of new people (females, males, and couples) and I am very cautious.

Since having several of these dreams I am thinking about getting a dog and I see them everywhere now.

Thank you for responding :o