damage after the storm

Archives for 2007
bethog

damage after the storm

Post by bethog »

dream 7.12.2007

i woke up in the morning in a room with some people that i know. outside there were strong winds and it was raining (a storm). a very big tree in front of the window was moving from side to side. it seemed like some kind of tropical tree since the leaves were long and big and the flowers were very high and a bright red. we were all still laying in our beds and watched how the wind was blowing the tree. then the roof started leaking - not a lot of water in one spot but drops were falling from more than one place, like a shower.

i went outside to help the people with the clean-up (i thought that there would be trees that would be blown over or so). at that point the sun was shining and there was no more wind or rain. we were on a farm and i was walking towards my aunt where she was standing with some people looking at what the wind and rain damaged. we were walking along side some farm land. on the left there was a corn field. the corn (plants) were yellow and completely under water. we were walking on a path that led between all the fields and this path was on a higher level than the fields. my aunt went down from this path to look at the corn and touched it was sad when she saw the damage. she came back to us and we started walking further. to our right there was another corn field and this one too was under water and the plant were also yellow like the other field. we still went further. at some point my aunt left the group and went to her right to get something. we were all standing still and looking at her. she came back with a small tree in her hand. she was holding it by the leaves and branches and at the bottom where the roots would be it was big and round. we all knew that this tree was bad and that she had to take it away. behind her there were noises like that of a witchdoctor. we were all praying because we knew that this tree was bad and that the noises were connected to it. suddenly from the left there was a horse running towards us from a distance. on the horse's back there was a monkey. we all knew that this was bad as well and started praying against it. it came racing towards us. i held my hand towards it (like stopping it) but it still came running until it came to a stop in front of my hand.

then i was with some other people but still on this farm. it was two men that i knew. we were still looking to see if there was something that we could do or fix after this storm. we were walking towards the stables of the animals. we had to climb over some gate that was rather high. they helped me to get on to the gate and then also climbed over and walked on but i called them back to help me to get back on the ground. after this i was alone and directly in front of the stables of the animals. suddenly two hippopotamuses came running around the corner (towards me) the one in front was a baby and the second one not but was the same size as the baby. i tried to push them away but they were heavy. i went away from them and went around the corner where they came from. in front of me i saw a stable with many horses. i saw my mom with one of the horses. i had to go around the stable towards the gate to go to my mom. i did that but when i got to the gate there was a crazy horse in my way and i couldn't really pass it because it was dangerous. suddenly it went into the stable and i ran to pass it quickly. because i was running i scared the horse that was with my mom and she was sad because the horse that was with her ran away.

then i woke up.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

My only thoughts here were about a harvest of souls. Damaged because of life storms. Checking the roots of the tree, made me think that a group of people were not well rooted.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I felt I needed to come back to your dream again. I'm praying. Demonic activity is preventing some people from getting close to God. They need much intercession before seeing breakthrough.
talitha

Post by talitha »

I see this dream as very prophetic with a lot of symbolism, but I am not sure that the storm is not literal. Please take what I say to the Lord for confirmation, as I am well aware that we see and know in part.

This storm resulted in great damage to the left and to the right , meaning basically everywhere in this location. I'll come back to the storm later.

I see the corn as something that the storm did not permit to come to maturity. I just heard "finances" and my immediate thought was that in some tribal types of economies, corn is a trade standard. I think the corn crop represented some kind of financial venture. In Honduras there is a horrible problem with deforestation in which corn farmers burn down sections of forest to plant corn in the ashes, and then they move on to a different section the next season. Since you mentioned a tropical location at the beginning, again I'm not convinced that some of this is not literal, and I really was thinking a lot of Honduras as I read your dream - hubby and I are considering moving there.....

I keep seeing your aunt as a sort of spiritual elder - she seems to be assessing the damage, but she also seems to have great discernment......

The uprooted tree with the round root - when I read that part I got the word "divination" - that divination is a root of the trouble. If this dream is about a literal geographical area in the tropics, it is not surprising to find a root of divination......

I'm pretty sure that the monkey represents a lower-level demonic entity that people are allowing to be in control - they are not exercising authority over it. You put up your hand to stop it, but it didn't stop right away - I think this means that there is a resistence to stopping it, and it might be tied with finances. Reminds me of the story in Acts 16 of the girl with a spirit of divination who by it earned money for her masters, so they didn't want it gone. It stopped in front of your hand because you do have authority over yourself and as far as your hand (influence) reaches.

I'm not sure of the precise meaning of the horses themselves..... hmmm..... I think of hippos as prophets, but you are pushing them away. Is the word they're speaking a heavy word? Are they false prophets or true? That part of the dream with the stables is not as clear to me......

Now back to the storm - at first I thought it symbolized trials and adversity, but I think after reading the rest of the dream that it's more than that - possilby divine judgment. I believe divine judgment is not like a spiteful "ooh you did a bad thing so now I'm going to hurl a lightning bolt at you" - but that it's more like a grieving "I'm going to have to withdraw my hand of protection and let you experience the consequences of your actions" - do you see what I mean? In the tropics there is always a danger of something like this happening, so IMHO the fact that it doesn't happen more often is because of the protection of God.

In the beginning of the dream and through the course of the storm you are in a shelter - the Lord's hand of protection may have been withdrawn from the area where you are, but He will not allow you to be overcome (cf Isaiah 43:1-2; 54:11-14; Psalm 91, the whole chapter).

blessings
tal
bethog

damage after the storm

Post by bethog »

Thank you to both of you for the reply to this dream. I also had another dream and I do not know if there is any connection but I had just added it to the board. The subject: “going to meet them”
talitha

Post by talitha »

bumping this - I was reminded of this dream today, and I think it could have bearing on this coming year 2008 corporately..... any thoughts, anyone?