white clown

Archives for 2009
charlie
Diamond Member

white clown

Post by charlie »

I have never had a clown in a dream before so I am trying to work this out...a woman dressed in white with white scull cap (like Pierrot) and whitened face.

Thanks
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charlie,

I have had a dream with one who was dressed like Harlequin before.

It ended up respresenting someone I knew with the characteristics of Harlequin.

I think you do have what you are looking for in meaning in Pierrot, the white attire and faced clown.

I was not familiar with Pierrot, but one thing I did learn that he began as a prelude/side show to Harlequin and Columbine,
performing acrobats, imitations, characters, and pranks.

Pierrot portrayed a charming and kind person who was so trusting that others took advantage of his naiveté.
He was a "born loser" who became the sad clown when his heart was broken by Columbine, who loved Harlequin instead.

The character eventually developed into a "melancholy dreamer" a romantic with the tempermant of a tormented artist.
He was a stoic who hid his pain from others, except for perhaps a single teardrop on his face.

FYI: Above notes on Pierrot. (Author Gwen Bruno)

And Wikipedia, below:
He is seen as a fool, always the butt of pranks, yet nonetheless trusting. Pierrot is also portrayed as moonstruck, distant and oblivious to reality.

One may be said to be Pierroting if one is behaving like Pierrot.

Im wondering if you had come upon someone with these attributes in your daily life?

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I wonder if it is possibly about someone masquerading... something is hidden behind the makeup coverup...
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Could be someone appearing to be someone that they are not. Or could represent someone not taking something seriously.
Truth Seeker
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Pi⋅er⋅rot  /ˌpiəˈroʊ; Fr. pyɛˈroʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pee-uh-roh; Fr. pye-roh] Show IPA
Use pierrot in a Sentence
See web results for pierrot
See images of pierrot
–noun, plural -rots  /-ˈroʊz; Fr. -ˈroʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-rohz; Fr. -roh] Show IPA . 1. a male character in certain French pantomime, having a whitened face and wearing a loose, white, fancy costume.
2. (lowercase) an actor, masquerader, or buffoon so made up.
Origin:
1735–45; < F, dim. of Pierre Peter

Encyclopedia
Pierrot

stock character of the Italian commedia dell'arte, a simpleminded and honest servant, usually a young and personable valet. One of the comic servants, or zanni, Pedrolino functioned in the commedia as an unsuccessful lover and a victim of the pranks of his fellow comedians. His costume consisted of a white jacket with a neck ruff and large buttons down the front, loose trousers, and a hat with a wide, floppy brim. Unlike most of the other stock characters, he played without a mask, his face whitened with powder.

Just some added info
Blessings and Love
Carolyn
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

The white face suggested hypocrisy to me at first (hypocrite is the Grrek word for actor) but I think there may be significance to the mime aspect. A mime communicates with action, not words.

Also found this on Pierrette, the female counterpart of Pierrot:

Pierrette is Pierrot's pantomime counterpart: Pierrette is the lovable little French pantomime figure, dressed usually in a ballet skirt and bright peasant waistcoat and smart cocked hat. She and he were popular in street and carnival shows. She is a tender-hearted and wise little foil for the Pierrot who plays opposite her in fanciful and delightful whimsical stories. Her name suggests a spirit loving, tender, comforting, but saucy, gay, and smart. i.e. " A charming little Pierrette of a daughter."

A wise, loving, tender, comforting counterpart for a mate, who communicates with actions, not words?

Pierrette means Peter -rock.
...that I might know Him...
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hey...I've not been on for a few days with travel but wow...lots to read and think through here...you know, I think in the context of the dream there is something which the clown represents of me which i wrestle with...its like many things in life the good and bad can be flip sides of the coin so to speak...you've all given me stuff to think about...I had an intitial negative rejecting feeling about this white faced clown but I'm beginning to see that it isn't so cut and dry...I think I should have stopped jusdging her and stopped to talk with her a while...

mmmm...

thanks all...

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Jen
Diamond Member

Post by Jen »

maybe the face is a "false" front for deep pain.. having a white face like that is "painted" on.. the emotions are determined by the paint.. maybe it could be symbolic of a wall that someone is putting up around them?
Jen
Isaiah 62:1
For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch
RevK
Diamond Member

Post by RevK »

Years ago the Lord showed me people in the congregation wearing different kinds of masks in all shapes, sizes and colors. I heard that He was beginning to strip away the masks and facades from them. Anytime you see a a mask or a covering it is indicative of a deceptive spirit. White can be deceiving, remember lucifer was the angel of 'Light'.....
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

RevK,

I beleive that. I just had a dream were I was in prison and someone had a white mask over is face but as soon as I looked at him I new who it was. It was someone I new IRL and his name was Heavy.

I looked at him and said what's up Heavy and he shook my hand. I saw that part of the dream as discernment but didn't really know what I was discerning at the time.

Thanks Revk for sharing what you said because it has shed some light on a portion of my dream.

TS
Truth Seeker
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

RevK wrote:Years ago the Lord showed me people in the congregation wearing different kinds of masks in all shapes, sizes and colors. I heard that He was beginning to strip away the masks and facades from them. Anytime you see a a mask or a covering it is indicative of a deceptive spirit. White can be deceiving, remember lucifer was the angel of 'Light'.....
RevK...its great isn't it when we have a sense of personal revelation about something? I don't necessarily think that a white mask would always indicate deception though I see your thinking entirely...it could also indicate that someone is hiding and that fear or threat/injury could be a root issue rather than deception...

On balance in the context of this dream I think it represents for me my two pronged approach to life (which is actually quite uncomfortable and I am trying to let the Spirit lead me into ever more fluid synthesis of these sides of me):on the one hand I tend to model in action (Charys comments were helpful here) and have a strong desire to encourage and on the other hand I have a speaking gift and a bit of a dose of the Huldah prophetess (ie pointing out what is so very wrong with society etc.) in me (again..thanks Charys for drawing my attention to HUldah!)...soo...the tussle between me the prophet of warning and the encourager may be reflected in the dream which involved this white faced lady... false encouragement is still false...but harsh warning without hope and encouragement can also be a tool of the enemy to lead people to despair...a call to keep above all focused on Abba to steady the ship I think! :D

Course...I may be wrong....

Grace to all who seek Him

Charlie
Charlie
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charlie,

It may have allready been said here...

Yes, it is important to see every aspect of a dream or vision, including anything that might seem negative in ones character or life.

I just wanted to let you know that from the first time I read this, I have felt that the white symbolizes purity, whether in regard to ones covering and righteousness in Christ or ones intention.

I do see the clown as representative as something that ultimately will be revealed, as in no longer needing to hide protectively, though obviously hiding.

The true nature of this particular character is one that has been wounded and is childlike, with many God given gifts.

Toss what does not seem to rest.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

(((((piano)))))

...deep calls to deep friend...I'm hearing you...Abba's affirmation...

bless you...

mmmmm...

yikes...will she be ready...

thank you...

grace
charlie
Charlie
ESTHER

Clown reply.

Post by ESTHER »

Charlie

I am very new in this dream center, I just want to share with you an impression I have. If you think is not OK please discarted.

When I think in clowns I think usually clowns try to make people happy they try to make them smile. When many times the clown is sad inside, the mask that is covering the face don't let others to see the real feelings and pain they have inside. The mask I think is white because represent purity. Is not a mask put with a wrong intention, it

Charlie
I am very new in this site of dreaming center, I just want to share an impression, if this don't bear witness in your spirit. Please disregard it.

When I read about the clown with the white face painted, make me think in clowns as they try to make others happy, when many times they themselves are really sad.

I saw the white paint face, as a color that represent purity. but I saw the clown crying behind that white mask,

As I am writing this I just saw the vision that Jesus is beside the clown that is crying behind the mask, and Jesus has a smile for him and He understands. Jesus is touching the clown hearts and bringing comfort, Now I see the clown smiling big time, Jesus come to bring restauration.
Jesus said in John 10:10 I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly
ESTHER

Post by ESTHER »

Charlie

I am sorry with a concordance I press the wrong button I hope the rest of what I wrote come to your site.

Blessings ESTHER