a step up

Archives for 2009
peggyo
Diamond Member

a step up

Post by peggyo »

Hi Dreamers:

This morning I dreamed I was at my kitchen table talking on the phone with my mother. I think one of my children was with me--Benjamin. Two men appear at the doorway from the living room to the kitchen/hallway and say something about installing something. I'm busy on the phone and sort of wave them off for a bit. But before I know it, they come and let me know they have finished installing a mini step at my front entry into the living room. So I follow them and look at what they've put in. It's a slightly raised area (like a small step) just as you step from the linoleum onto the LR carpet at the front door. And there's a metal molding piece that runs across the edge.

I let them know that I didn't order this and they must have the wrong house. The two of them discuss what happened and the person who did order this. I hear them say a name, but I can't hear it. I ask them who the person was that ordered it as I think it must be a neighbor, but they will not tell me, like it is confidential.

So I look over what they did and decide it isn't such a big thing and that it will probably be a selling point for the house.

Dream ends.

Blessings for reading and appreciate any HS inspiration.
I have a repairman scheduled to come tomorrow and wonder if this is something about that.

God bless your day~ Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

This made me think about the amazing aspect of God's grace and mercy...

We get what we need, but its not what we deserve. And often times when God does these things for us, we try to wave them off thinking that it must be meant for someone else and not for us...sometimes we just don't know how to "RECEIVE" what He has already given to us on the Cross.

Thinking that Daddy is trying to bless you with something that you may feel you don't deserve, or that possibly there is someone else out there who deserves it more than you...But He knows just what you need and all you have to do is RECEIVE it!

Hope this helps..
I know sometimes we think this way about our callings and giftings..we think "WHO ME? Someone else deserves this much more Lord".

Love,
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

I think this dream may go along with another I had about falling.

A blessing indeed:

1 Peter 2

1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
The Living Stone and a Chosen People
4As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame."[a] 7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
"The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone,"[c] 8and,
"A stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall."[d] They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
Submission to Rulers and Masters
13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

18Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
22"He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth."[e] 23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 25For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Footnotes:

1. 1 Peter 2:6 Isaiah 28:16
2. 1 Peter 2:7 Or cornerstone
3. 1 Peter 2:7 Psalm 118:22
4. 1 Peter 2:8 Isaiah 8:14
5. 1 Peter 2:22 Isaiah 53:9

Isaiah 28:16

So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "Behold, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi peggyo,

Could the area of installation or the instalation itself be a threshold?
Some definitions here..

Threshold
1.A piece of wood or stone placed beneath a door; a doorsill.

2.An entrance or a doorway.

3.The place or point of beginning; the outset.

4.The point that must be exceeded to begin producing a given effect or result or to elicit a response
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi Piano:

I did think about threshold and looked it up. Actually this would be just inside or beyond the threshold I believe, but certainly could be considered part of the threshold. Since you brought it up, I will give it better consideration as to the message of the dream.

In the natural, I wouldn't want a thing like this at the front entry because people would tend to trip on it, myself included, and more so people coming in than going out as it is a step up to get inside. And I would tell the installers that I was sorry but they need to remove it. In my dream, I easily accepted this "enhancement." I hope and pray I have the same reaction IRL to whatever "enhancements" God is surprising me with here!! I'm going to need some faith here I think.

The true gospel is as this bump put in our paths--Christ--which most stumble over. They considered him and his ways an offense instead of a blessing and thereby couldn't receive the true gifts (not of this world!), as they were hidden. I found a good read along these lines on the internet somewhere; I'll try to find it and post.

Even after we become believers we tend to stumble and have difficulty grasping just what God is calling us to and how we are to get there and then we need eyes of faith to see it as a blessing, not otherwise! I believe it says in Romans that the Jews stumbled at the new covenant because they tried to receive it (Him) by works, and struggled with the idea of receiving salvation by faith alone.

Thanks for your thoughts, Piano!
Peggy O.