Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious written in the sky

Archives for 2009
peggyo
Diamond Member

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious written in the sky

Post by peggyo »

Hello:

It was told to me that God had a surprise and it was like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious written in the sky.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Peggy
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...surprised by JOY came to my mind :P

Grace and joy to you Peggyo!

Charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Oh I loved Mary Poppins! What a fun song.

in Christ,
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Pretty interesting... Ive been seeing scenes now and then from "Mary Poppins"....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

The song is about overcoming fear by speaking "the word" boldly.

Speaking the word lets the first guy overcome accusations that he was "bad", then brings one into the presence of royalty, then overcomes shyness, then leads to love.

Think THE WORD here.

All together now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-Z0SSyUcw
...that I might know Him...
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Wow, very interesting, Charys!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi All!

Yeah, I read the lyrics to the song. But you do dissect it well Charys!
Finding romantic sort of love at this point in my life wouldn't be a blessing. I guess I believe getting married is for young people and those who can find that in their youth are truly blessed. Oddly too I think I've become more reclusive and private as I've gotten older--have a terrible time even making and keeping a doctor's appointment, which I wouldn't have even given a thought to in my 20s or 30s. I have a friend though who is oddly like Mary Poppins and we have such a unique rapport together and I have a time with her like no other person on the planet. I tell her she is a V-V-I-P in God's kingdom.

This puzzle was given over 10 years ago and since I never thought I saw it come to pass, I still wonder...

Thanks for wondering with me. I'll keep you posted if I ever figure it out. Peggy O.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Dear Peggy,
Frankly I think after Jesus romances you, a mere man would seem kind of boring.

Peggy, the most powerful Being in the universe, the one who holds everything together, the one who is incapable of not thinking about you, and loving you, and adoring you is throwing pebbles at your window. He is calling you in the night saying,"Peggy, Peggy, Peggy....come away with me! To our secret place. I have all the time in the world for you. I will never leave you. Let me share my heart with you and show you the plans I have made."

It doesn't get any better than that.
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

Amen Charys!

Well first of all, I like Mary Poppins too, but I never knew the words to the song. I watched the video and it is quite interesting. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm married and even though I love my husband very, very , very very much, at times I feel just like that:
Frankly I think after Jesus romances you, a mere man would seem kind of boring.
We were together before I was born again, but a lot of times I so agree with Paul when He said I wish that you were like me, but if it's burning, go ahead and marry.

Even last night, when I should have been sleeping, for a long day at work, I was just praying and eating up the Word.....so hard to describe, I just wanted to be with my Lord.

I'm looking forward to.......for they neither marry nor are given in marriage....... :roll:
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Whoa! :shock: Flash of insight warning! (lol)
Peggy, I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread for a minute. I've got to write this down and what you and Lillian wrote provoked it. It's about what I posted about mere husbands being boring after being romanced by Jesus. Have you ever said something to someone and realized later it was for you?

So, after I wrote that I thought, "I hope no one asks if I'm married." :(

This is something I have been praying about for a long time. I have heard women say that, after 30 years of marriage, their hearts still went pitter-pat when their husbands walked in the room.

Chah. I wish. I seem to be irritated with him so easily. I don't get it. Compared to most of the husbands out there mine is definitely near the top of the scale quality-wise and yet his human foibles have become more and more annoying. (Honey, if you ever read this I'm so sorry.) We're now semi-retired people banging around in the same house, but I have been avoiding him. I kind of resent my loss of privacy, and being able to play loud praise music and pray out loud in the spirit any time I felt like it. His presence crowds my Jesus time.

The tables have really turned. Years ago, when he was eyeball deep in church ministry and volunteer charity work, I cried to someone "How can I compete with God?" Now sitting with him on the couch watching his Star Trek movie and listening to him crunch taco chips feels like a huge chore. I'd rather spend time with Jesus.

Then recently a young husband, who is very loving and very patient, was explaining to me how their marriage came to such an imbalance of responsibilities. His wife was parentally severely emotionally deprived as a child. Both her parents were workaholics and her mother left the family when she was young. He said it was so hard for her to trust anyone, but after he finally won her trust she flipped and became totally dependent on him for everything. He became responsible for all the things her parents should done for her and given her.

I couldn't sleep last night and I was spending time in the secret place when the Lord brought this story to mind.

Wow! It clicked. I had done the same thing. I had made an idol of my husband, expecting him to meet all the needs of a grown child who had been deprived by parents suffering their own deprivations. I was totally dependent for years and the extreme wifely submission teaching I was getting fed right into this and gave me an excuse.

I made him into an idol because I wanted him to meet all the needs only God could meet. Only I couldn't get all my needs met in my husband, as much as he tried, because he is not perfect, and instead there was a quietly resigned disappointment in each of us. I have been blaming him for a awfully huge pile of petty things. I've been asking the Lord to help me feel more love and affection for him, but things keep getting worse. I'm getting closer to God, but the marriage thing is getting worse. It doesn't make sense. Getting closer to God is supposed to increase your ability to love.

It's because I having been praying for love for a fallen idol to be restored.

I wondered why the Lord has not answered my prayer. Aha! I have just kept tabs on an increasing awareness of my husband's disappointing imperfections because I have not moved him out of that ridiculous burdensome role of being god to me. I have not yet moved him into the role of fellow pilgrim. I have had patience and compassion and understanding for just about everyone except him. It's bad because I have found it more difficult to pray with him than with anyone else, not knowing why. You can't drag your idols into the presence of God without them looking really bad in comparison to Him. I need to see him in the right light and extend the same grace to my husband as has been extended to me.

This is a breakthrough moment. Thank you, Peggy. You have been most helpful.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

It is hard not to like Mary Poppins. My friend who is like her is very well received pretty much wherever she goes and it is fun to do ministry with her for this reason. She's the most Christ-like person I know.

I don't consider any post I write or thread I've started mine, so don't feel any worry about adding what is personal to you. The part you wrote Charys about your husband crunching taco chips on your couch makes me laugh. But see I have boys in their 20s I live with, so I can just imagine what an "old boy" is like to live with. My oldest (who is 27) came home for a brief visit last summer to help me fix something and he couldn't find anything he wanted to eat, so he'd opened a can of saurkraut and was eating it right out of the can. I found the can a while later in the living room by the chair, half eaten with the fork still in it. (REALITY!)

Marriage is really between God and each individual person. What other people do is their choice. Scripture encourages us to be content in the situations we find ourselves in when we come to Christ--whether married or unmarried--and not to seek for marriage. But it also speaks about a "burning desire for love" as Lillian has spoken of and gives us the freedom to do that. So God bless those with spouses and those without. And for those who really desire, I hope and pray for them to find a loving spouse.

When I was young, I just assumed I would find someone and have a traditional married life (big mistake that lead to much disappointment). I think it kept me from making the most of my years raising my kids alone after a divorce. My sister and I used to watch TV movies such as "yours, mine and ours," where life always sort of tied itself up in a pretty bow at the end.

But I'm pretty honest with myself in my thinking about the prospect of marriage making me any happier than I already am. Like anything I think I want, when I get it sometimes it doesn't bring the joy, or lasting joy, I thought it would. So I've learned... And in my prayers I start out thinking to pray for a thing, and then I usually end up taking a step back and just asking God to give me what he desires. And that too often doesn't not bring me the fulfillment that I'd hoped for. But at least I know I am pleasing God in praying this way and not being selfish or arrogant--thinking I know what I want and I know what is right and I know what I need. Because I don't really.

But most forge ahead praying for this and that thing, and often getting just what they prayed for (I've been there), which like Charys spoke of usually makes an idol (and the poor idol!). And for a time we adore our idol and have a fun time with it, and show it off and gloat over it. And we let it make us feel probably better about ourselves than we should be feeling. Then the world either gives its stamp of approval for our good fortune or is provoked to jealousy.

I'm thinking here of a verse I learned as a child: "Happy is the man who hears the word of God and obeys it."

So in light of all this, I really wonder what the "fragilistic" surprise is all about. I'll have to get the movie and watch it again.

Have a blessed day!
Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Hi PeggyO,

I am married but I'm unequally yoked. My husband is growing very intolerant of my even speaking the name of Jesus so I have to sneak around to listen to worship music, read the bible, etc...
Starting to really bug me, but guess what-- here's the cool thing. The Lord has given me a few romantic dreams, nothing x-rated of course but in one of the dreams we were just cuddled up together on a couch in a mansion and in the other one, I saw my pastor kissing his wife passionately (The spirit revealed that my pastor symbolized Jesus and his wife the church)
The Lord has really been courting me lately and it makes me feel like I'm a queen or something!!!!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

(((ReBorn)))

that is so precious.
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!