Prison of the Mind or Bond Servant of the Lord

Archives for 2009
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Prison of the Mind or Bond Servant of the Lord

Post by Truth Seeker »

The title of this dream only seems to fit the first part of my dream.

My dream started off with me being in a cafeteria with other people, all men I believe. All of a sudden the door to outside closed and we started running to the door trying to get to it before it locked and we couldn't get out. 3 or 4 of us made it through the door before it locked. As soon as we got outside the door we turned around and I saw my bishop IRL standing there, he said to me come back and tell the others inside they have to leave.

I went back inside, and started telling the people to leave and I saw the bishops son (a pastor in our church IRL) sitting down eating. One of the guys asked me if he could help cleanup and I said go ahead looking at my pastor making sure it was okay.

The dream shifted and I was in a house, my wife was there and I believe my children were to. Someone was fixing something in the floor, not sure what it was but once he finished there was another person with him that started wipping off the dust from the light bulbs on the ceiling light over the dinning room table I beleive. I was saying to myself why is he doing this the job they came for is finished.

Scene changed again I was somewhere else where you could sit and get something to eat. I was sitting down at this bar like table with wife and my daughters and this teenager was sitting across from me. He began asking questions that he didn't really want others to hear. I believe he was trying to get some advice. I started talking to him but the scene changed again and I was in another house my wife was there and my two daughters i believe. I remember going into this bathroom having a toddler in my hand, once I got in the bathroom I put the toddler down behind the little gates used to keep them in a limited area. I'm not sure what I went in the bathroom for but remember trying to put my shorts back on because my wife was coming and she would think I something negative because the toddler was in the bathroom. I got the shorts on at the same time she got to where I was. She didn't see me with the shorts off.
Last edited by Truth Seeker on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truth Seeker
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

TS...still pondering and praying over this one but here are some initial things which struck me to get the ball rolling! Praying for revelation and understanding for you.

3 scenes are I believe connected to the same message ie they are reinforcing a single message...seeing the middle scene as the divine key one though...see later...

1. Note that 2 out of the 3 involve food/fellowship and the third could be said to also be representative of fellowship as you are at home with your family.

2. All 3 refer to acts of cleaning: clean the cafe before its too late, clean the light bulb so you can see better and bathrooms often represent cleansing (toddler could represent the sense of moving to greater independence in this process).

3. All 3 refer to acts of judging (by that I mean in its broadest sense of discernment, decision making, etc. rather than implicit punishment) in some way: the bishop gives direction and you look to him for that, the workmen are working on the foundations under your feet but also help clear the way for the light to shine more brightly and therefore bring greater light to matters; the third perhaps highlights your fear of being misjudged or inadequate (nb the shorts could underline the sense of feeling childish...like the toddler in some matter).

all for now...sensing the middle scene is the epiphany scene...God with us...establishing his Grace and order at the centre of our lives...I like it...Gos has appeared as a master builder in y dreams...(((((glory)))) :s49:

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi again...I was praying someone else on here would open this up a bit more for you TS!

Having re read I see that I missed out a scene the "teen scene"; I think that scene is linked to the toddler one as teens and toddlers are moving to greater independence developmentally (I am personally experiencing in my son that some of the patterns of behaviour in toddler hood repeat with gusto in the teen years... :roll:). In any case I am sure that you are familiar with the fact that developmentally the teen is pushing through to the next level of maturity in similar ways to the toddler...seeking more independence, wanting to have more freedom to make their own decisions, resenting being treated as a child, learning to problem solve on their own and so on...

My hunch here...adn I pray that it is a spirit led one, is that this dream is a developmental one for you and I think it is very instructive and positive for building purposes. I sense that you are yearning to push on in your walk/life to new levels of maturity and independence (in the right spirit of that)...like the teen you are still unsure and need advice and like the toddler you still need safety gates and feel vulnerable at times and, as in the first scene, you still look to authority figures for affirmation that you're "doing the right thing" even though others are looking to you directly for guidance (is it ok to clean up?).

TS...I know how much you long to honour the Lord in every area of your life adn this dream strikes me as evidence of a work in progress...pushing through to the next level. It may refer to specific areas of your life where you need to psuh through to maturity or it may be a general picture...you will know but as I said before I see the middles scene as very positive...fixing the foundations under your family's feet and cleaning up the light over the table of fellowship...rgeat pictures of God at work in your life...be encouraged. The key thing is to push on through and not stay at the toddler/teen cycle (how many of us get stuck on the repeat cycle for way tooo long??)

As ever, TS..forgive me where I am not seeing clearly and don't hold on to anything which does not resonate.

Bless you brother
Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Thanks Charlie,

I will take everything you presented into consideration and prayer because I don't want to leave any stone unturned.
My dream started off with me being in a cafeteria with other people, all men I believe. All of a sudden the door to outside closed and we started running to the door trying to get to it before it locked and we couldn't get out. 3 or 4 of us made it through the door before it locked. As soon as we got outside the door we turned around and I saw my bishop IRL standing there, he said to me come back and tell the others inside they have to leave.
I currently see the cafeteria as my church IRL or a reference point from God to let me know that this portion of the dream is about me and what God is telling me to do in reference to my local church. I came to this understanding because my bishop and pastor were both in this scene and the cafeteria being a place where people get fed (Gods word). My pastor was in the cafeteria eating.

Note: I personally have been thinking about leaving my local church but have been struggling with making a decision.

I beleive in the dream where I ran out the door was me making the decision to leave the church. Instantly my bishop showed up and told me to come back. I beleive my bishop represented the Lord telling me don't leave church. Not sure of the rest of the dream yet.

Thanks again charlie...
Truth Seeker
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Re: Prison of the Mind or Bond Servant of the Lord

Post by WaitingforHim »

Truth Seeker wrote:The title of this dream only seems to fit the first part of my dream.

What jumped out at me was "timing". I felt this part of your dream is showing an urgency you are feeling to make a decision..get in or get out.. This seems to be showing you a season of opening and closing doors. I sense that in your decision making process there will also be people that the Lord has you shut the door to..seperate from. Often times we go through seasons where we are working with certain people in ministry and then the Lord shuts the doors to that relationship. That is what I was sensing in this dream. That the Lord was wanting you to shut the doors to certain relationships but yet possibly stay in the place of service you are in.
I went back inside, and started telling the people to leave and I saw the bishops son (a pastor in our church IRL) sitting down eating. One of the guys asked me if he could help cleanup and I said go ahead looking at my pastor making sure it was okay.
Again, seeing this as you heeding what the Lord is saying to you. You are disconnecting from relationships that you don't need. And also you are connecting with others that you do need in this season. Cleaning up makes me think of intercession and service...So in this next season God will bring new people into your path that you will connect with and work with.

The dream shifted and I was in a house, my wife was there and I believe my children were to. Someone was fixing something in the floor, not sure what it was but once he finished there was another person with him that started wipping off the dust from the light bulbs on the ceiling light over the dinning room table I beleive. I was saying to myself why is he doing this the job they came for is finished.
This part of the dream may speak of your home life.. not church. I believe the HolySpirit is the one fixing the floor...foundational issues. The dust on the light made me think there hasn't been clear revelation in your home on some issues..perhaps communication issues (dining table is where we commune) Perhaps you were/have been praying about something that needs fixed in your home/family and it may be taking a while to get done...It seems that the Lord may be showing you that He is still working in your home..He has not given up..It seems He will be bringing some revelation to the situation and exposure. Bringing brighter light to some issues.

Scene changed again I was somewhere else where you could sit and get something to eat. I was sitting down out this bar like table with wife and my daughters and this teenager was sitting across from me. He began asking questions that he didn't really others to hear. I believe he was trying to get some advice. I started talking to him but the scene changed again and I was in another house my wife was there and my two daughters i believe. I remember going into this bathroom having a toddler in my hand, once I got in the bathroom I put the toddler down behind the little gates used to keep them in a limited area. I'm not sure what I went in the bathroom for but remember trying to put my shorts back on because my wife was coming and she would think I something negative because the toddler was in the bathroom. I got the shorts on at the same time she got to where I was. She didn't see me with the shorts off.
I could be wrong in this part but here is what I am getting. You are trying to be discreet in this whole situation with your family. Feeling that you are trying to do all you know to do but also trying to keep it quiet..I see the bathroom as a place of preparation/cleansing/repentance. I am seeing you taking the steps you need to take to be right with God...But you are also feeling like you are walking on eggshells with your wife. You are trying to create boundaries where they need to be without be offensive to her. The Lord is very honored with the way you are trying...I believe He is saying to you "I have you covered"...Continue to do all you know to do and leave the rest to me...I am also hearing "SHORT comings.." Seeing that possibly your wife is just looking at your short comings..but the Lord may be going to give her a new way of seeing you...

I hope this helps brother..
Love you bunches.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
holydiver

Post by holydiver »

Hello, Truth Seeker.

I just think you dont want to be cought off your guard, and look immature. That because of the bathroom sceen. Your shorts off may mean symbolically that others can see who you are, and what your doing, and in other words, people would see when your acting silly, and it may not be the time or place for that. Self restraint.

The dream starting off in your church, with your pastor and having to look to him for permission may not even have anything to do with that. It may be more to do with the relationship within your own family, as this and the bathroom sceen bring out. More to do with shared choices, and not taking things into your own hands.

Eating symbolically could mean learning, or maybe what someone is saying or telling you, while the lights being wiped of dust allowes you to see what going on, though fixing the floor may represent a foundation being messed up. Then in the dream your cut off from the person who is asking you things. Which then in full circle goes back the the start of the dream in the church, and having to look at your pastor to give you permission. So you see the dream is showing you a basic outlook of your relationship, and maybe even a lack of athority.

My personal notes: Relationships for the most part are like that, someone has to be in athority, but at the same time athority needs those who follow. So its a struggle between those who want things their own way, and what you want. That normally happens when we as men compromise ourselves by circumstances, or we just dont understand how people and relationships work. Sure its nice to be married, and go to a nice church, nothing wrong with that. Though we do learn and grow, and though we do learn and grow, our circumstances dont allowe for the changes because of what everyone else is use to.

There is little ever tought to men, and they are all vulnerable and open to being misslead. Though most men have good intentions, and can only do the best they can, they do often wind up being victumized, more than anyone else. Ever watch the tamming of the shrew by Shakspeare? That man went out and had everything before he decided to find a wife, and when he did found a terrible women who only wanted what she wanted, trying to manipulate everyone. But in the end he got her to understand where everything came from, from him. Where women do tend to take advantage of a good thing, other men can be even worse with their judgments and ridicule. That despite even the best natured of men.

A little more.... Thats because if you havent noticed by now, that it seems that women are often more judgmental of other women than they are of men, and men seem to be more judgmental of other men than they are of women. Thats because All men created by God inheirent the nature of God in that form of personality. In other words all men have the same personality, and understand other men better than they do women. So women tend to understand other women because their personalitys are alike. Thats hidden and can only be shown by God, or someone God showed that to. Men tend to leave other men they know alone when they become upset, and how would we know to do that, if we didnt have the same personality? But with God, its what we do with that personality, and how we make our choices. So also God knows a good heart, and rewards them for seeking him out. Thats how he knows a person with a good heart, through their choices.

Women tend to have good skills in coordination between all family members and friends, while men are buissness. The two work together when kept seperate, or the man being part of the family but does not work so well with the family in the buissness. Thats when things get out of control. Family is to be taken care of yes, but never controling in anyway of buissness matters, because buissness is money, and when it comes to money the hole world falls apart.

For the most part that should explain your dream. There being many things written on those subjects, and are good for men to read and learn to better themselves.

Peace and Love in Jesus.
Read the bible
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

WFH, yes the title of the dream does seem to highlight the first scene only. Initially the first part of the dream hit me the hardest because the interpretation was very clear for me. IRL I’ve been struggling within myself whether I should leave the church or not; my flesh wants to just leave. Wanting not to displease God, I prayed and asked God if I should leave and He answered me in the dream by telling me to come back via my Bishop in the dream. Now that I have the answer, I feel like I’m being help against my will (not my will but your will be done) which explains the title.
I was given a task alone with the command to come back. The command was to come back and the task was to tell every to leave. As I look at the task, I see a certain level of authority has been given to me to complete the task because who I’m I to tell people to leave a place that’s not mine.

I do believe the second scene is about the spiritual structure of my home IRL. The last 3 years of my life have been extremely high stressed on my entire family. My marriage has been a total mess and my kids have been taking all of it in and it hurts me to my core because as a man who loves God more than anything or anybody, I don’t have any answers to anything, I feel like I operate in an a double minded state a lot which is not good according to the bible. My wife and I argue daily and for some reason I seem to become mute automatically around her, like a dumb spirit or something, I’ve been a very humble person my entire life but the last couple of years it hasn’t taken much to get me angry. So my prayer and heart has been just crying for help and guidance. I believe scent 2 god is addresses this part of me.

I believe scene 3 is about the gift The Holy Spirit has given me. The teenager confiding in me and trusting me to open his self up to me may be God showing me what’s to come. The baby I believe is my gift in its toddler age and me trying to put it down. Me with my shorts off and trying to put them back on before my wife gets to where I am, is me having problems being who I am around her.
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Holy Diver,

Thanks for taking time to help bring understanding to my dream. You have pointed out some things going on in my life and gave some insight on where to self examine myself.

I'll finish posting what I get after I get a chance to really go over and meditate on what you said.

Thanks again
Truth Seeker
holydiver

Post by holydiver »

Hello, Truth Seeker.

You Welcome, Im just glad i could help in some way. The gift God gave me with his mercey is yours whenever you want it.

Peace and Love in Jesus.
Read the bible