Iced Tea

Archives for 2009
piano
Diamond Member

Iced Tea

Post by piano »

Had a dream I went to get a cup of iced tea for a sandwich I ordered, and a man began to pour me a large weird cooler full.
I remember saying/asking that all I wanted was a cup, thinking a cooler would not be practical for me to carry or to drink from.

Thanks,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I have always thought of ice tea to represent "Refreshment".
Just a thoughts.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Thanks WaitingforHim,

I do love Iced Tea.
Watching it pour into the cooler, gave me the feeling that it would quench a persons thirst, if that much tea is what they are "thirstin" for. :mrgreen:

In real life tea is refreshing and a compliment to a meal.
I do see it is a symbolism for friendship/fellowship, as I would also relate to coffee. LOL IE: coffee, tea or me?

I have been gathering that so much rides upon knowing the whole dream and the intuitions of the dreamer, or current life events, that even the most solid symbols can have different meanings in the dreams context.

My first thought when waking from this dream was ...perhaps this is something good, but on second thought I went with what my gut was saying, and how I felt in the dream.
The color of things in my dreams generally carry much meaning.

Iced Tea can be rust colored...

In the dream I purchased a drink with my meal, but instead of waiting in the original line where I got my sandwich (the workers were really busy) and ask the woman for my drink, I had gone to a different open window where this man appeared.
(I was trying to do it myself, without asking for the womans help because I didn't want to bother her)

One of the things he said about the container was "This'll put a dent in your cab" and hit it up against the counter to proove its potential to damage a truck cab with enough weight inside.

This man was trying to give me something heavy and damaging instead of something light to carry this tea in.

(In my mind I was picturing a white styrophome cup, lid and straw for my tea)

What was being offered I did not ask for, need or want.

I decided in my waking life that I watch and pray not to take any (tempting) offers no matter how economical or seemingly generous or friendly they may appear, or under any feeling of obligation to the giver.

I see this dream as a warning to wait on His provision and to "stay in line" with Him. A test in patience and trust.

I never did get to eat that awesome roast beef sandwich on my tray.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Iced Tea can be rust colored...

In the dream I purchased a drink with my meal, but instead of waiting in the original line where I got my sandwich (the workers were really busy) and ask the woman for my drink, I had gone to a different open window where this man appeared.
(I was trying to do it myself, without asking for the womans help because I didn't want to bother her)

One of the things he said about the container was "This'll put a dent in your cab" and hit it up against the counter to proove its potential to damage a truck cab with enough weight inside.

This man was trying to give me something heavy and damaging instead of something light to carry this tea in.

(In my mind I was picturing a white styrophome cup, lid and straw for my tea)

What was being offered I did not ask for, need or want.

I decided in my waking life that I watch and pray not to take any (tempting) offers no matter how economical or seemingly generous or friendly they may appear, or under any feeling of obligation to the giver.

I see this dream as a warning to wait on His provision and to "stay in line" with Him. A test in patience and trust.

I never did get to eat that awesome roast beef sandwich on my tray.
Tea is from a natural source...
The color of rust is as of water that is contaminated, in the spirtual the symbolism of Holy Spirit as water, contaminated by the natural, or the flesh.

This man in the dream reminds me of someone I know in RL who relies on their own strength and refuses guidance from the Holy Spirit. He is always wanting to rescue...

God grants to me in the prophetic gift (window). This fullness in Him that provides nourishment, and a wonderful taste of His Word.
It often takes time and patience to understand what God shows me.

The temptation is to my own works...leaving the window to find my drink..due to impatience.
This would be tainted and destructive to my journey and my cab.
(cab IE: Guided transportation paid for by Him)

I would also loose out on my perfect roast beef sandwich from Him.

I am greatful that God warns me of my own weaknesses in order to avoid pitfalls.

The man wore a thick gold ring on his finger that had a circle of a white face like a watch. It may have had hands.

Keeping watch comes to mind to me.

Piano