ex brother in law/pearl prayer beads w/cross

Archives for 2009
sigmon2
Diamond Member

ex brother in law/pearl prayer beads w/cross

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi all
had this dream this morning that well to say the lleast kind of stirred me early in the morning with thoughts of concern.......
it was a 2 part dream on the same subject....at first I was high above looking down and sort of just beyond clear sight but feeling the motions and knowing it was not only important but a warning........then in lowered down into a first person action dream where in the start someone handed me a black cross with a string of beads attached.....enough beads to form a circle so you could say wear it on your wrist........I did not see must detail of it just yet...Then I started seeing ex relatives of my ex wife's.....it must have been early morning or late because some were going to or getting up from bed....I tend to lean toward going to bed because I thought I might have been headed that way......my ex brother in law came in from another room and asked to see the cross/beads.....I pulled them from my right pocket to let him see it and he grab it and took off....I asked for it to be returned and he would not....I saw his pants over a chair and I reached into the left pocket to get them back and he came rushing at me to stop me....he made an effort but he was never very good at forcing me to do it his way..........at this point I got a close look at the cross/beads....it was glossy black beads and cross....there was like a flower design at the base of the cross with green leaves and a red flower....each bead had the same design but it was well blended to where it was professionly done....the beads looked like black pearls to me or shiney glass.....to say it was beautiful would be an under-statement...I could be wrong because I am baptist not catholic but I was thinking a mini rosary because the circle of beads were wrist size but the circle was or seemed to be connected to the cross at the base and was blended in with the design on the cross......I put them back in my right pocket and then the dream begin to fade away........there were other family members watching and concerned about our confrontation including the mom, who is basically in charge of the family. Brother in law is the youngest and does believe he is in charge at times, lots of times, actually is highly favored by mom as all babies of the siblings mostly are..........anyway, no one in the dream interferes and he is unhappy with me, which is usually the case in real life, oh well........I wake up....and I begin to wonder if this is a warning or something else...
this dream bothered me a lot and I do not understand why because I have nothing to do with them or him.......unless I might in the future......his christianity is not very good and the family wants to be christian but blends it to much with other stuff......that is why I wondered about the christian angle and our debate in the dream........huh....just not sure at the moment........
thanks for reading....
see ya
scott
Last edited by sigmon2 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi All

Post by sigmon2 »

Ok I was right this does mean something and it is important but how does it apply to me? :?: :!:
I did some research on black pearl rosaries and it led me to prayer beads...and basically they are the same in idea.....even the red flower I saw could have been a red rose in full bloom with leaves if I had looked closer...which may have meaning in the rosairy, but I have no intention of being catholic...so what did it imply otherwise.....I did notice one thing though one of the closest pictures I found to the the dream image was a buddhist prayer bead thing for the wrist all it was missing was the cross.....
so I know he was a pain for a long time so what if the symbol of him was a warning not to let that type of attitude steal my prayers?, maybe?......and for me to get them back forcefully if needed........his left pocket to my right pocket....the dream did not focus really on anything esle but the pearl prayer beads and the cross.....
is something about to happen or.....
maybe....it is my power...oh it sounds goofy...but my dreams of evil attacking or other things happening have been goofy too and I have been goofy over them....but I can pray...sometimes I feel like I am floating - its cool but I can pray, I think once a dream complained I was like a broken record recently......maybe I should make what I saw.......I wish I could draw......well anyway...I wonder.....
see ya
scott
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I think I discussed something along this line in somebody elses posts about prayer beads in a dream earlier this year... prayer beads are used for counting many repetitious prayers as you say them, they are used mainly in catholism and in some other eastern religions like budahism. To me the message of the dream goes something like this... prayer is a relationship conversation with God. When we pray something over and over and over repetitiously with no heart or mind in it, it is called vain or meaningless. (ref Matt 6:7) And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. I personally was brought up in the air force chapel system which is mostly baptist like, it all depended on the denomoniation of the chaplin who was preaching that day. One thing we always did in every service is to recite the Lords Prayer (ref Matt 6:9-13), and for years it was meaning-less for me as I could recite it by heart with my eyes closed at just the right time in the service, but I didn't know totally what it meant at the time. So for me in that season of my life it was vain. Although the word of God does not come back void, so I have since that time revisited it in my life and studied it and allowed it into my heart as a pattern for prayer and not something just to be repeated. Christianity is a relationship with the living God that we enter into covenant with for eternity, we pray asking Him to come into our hearts and we commit ourselves to serving Him. Hope this helps shed some light so you can get the meaning to you in your dream.

in Christ,
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi
Thanks BJ,
Ya know I have been wondering about your words for some time now and I just in my gut seem to go a different direction and maybe you can think with me here..........if the dream would have never showed the beads with the cross I would have never given it a first thought........but I thought of what you said and though I do harp on a certain subject a lot my prayers are not anywhere near being recited from scripture...........I took this thought and the dream's effort to point out the left and right pockets - a secular defi said the pocket thing was a to be revealing meaning....his efforts to take what was mine and my efforts not to lose it.....I thought of the design of the green leaf and the red flower, on the flower I have no idea what kind of flower only that it was red with one long straight pointy leaf - like with a tulip or one of those types not rounded I guess I am saying or not the kind with many little leaves but a long single one.....but it all matched as if by design......I got to thinking that he the ex relative maybe was more symbolic finger point to me.....I mean I had been warned to watch out for family and church dirverting me from my assigned path....so maybe this was a warning to not let myself dirvert myself.....the guy is very into self and will do for self....there is more but I do not want to get personal.......I mentioned before I have no contact with him at all....so it had to be a symbolic connection to something or an action.......I thought of the black color and the presouisness of the pearls and I know that my service will be to the Lord in bad times and my end will be along a path of death for what I believe.....so I got to wondering more if it was a warning not to lose what I have.............Am I making sense?
I could very well be wrong but there are things in this dream that have no connection to the real world for me if literal so I have to look at it symbolically................
thanks for reading
see ya
scott
holydiver

Post by holydiver »

Hello, sigmon2.

I just think taking the beads from him, and the beads not being right with the cross means that you didnt except his views, and your still fighting it in your mind justifying your actions. Taking the beads most likley means taking away his opinion.

Peace and Love in Jesus.
Read the bible
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi All

Post by sigmon2 »

The cross was attached to the string of beads......I take it to be a good thing this dream....I have had other dreams with this ex brother in law as an advasary but I always seem to win in each.....I think I will stick to the thought line that prayer is the greatest help in everyday life and not to forget it.....well at least untill something comes along that says otherwise wise because this dream by all accounts is on prayer.....
see ya
scott