No one is waiting those tables

Archives for 2009
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

No one is waiting those tables

Post by TamaraLynne »

I'm in a restuarant and I'm a waitress but I'm not. I'm not hired in but observing. I notice that extra special attention was being made for a certain family and the food and table settings and drinks had special attention. The family was being treated like royalty. The dining area did not have much light and as I felt that things were being taken care of just fine I noticed that many other tables were filling up with people and no one was waiting on them. (the word servers just popped into my head)
I use to wait tables so I thought I could get them their drinks and the first table I was doing just fine on ...I had to make a special drink where milk and oil and food items had to be shaken together in a bottle and served....
Then I see a man sitting alone at a table and he said something to me and I moved in closer to hear him. He was surprised and embarrased because apparently I was not suppose to have heard him. I had him repeat himself but I don't remember what he said...one word seemed to be different in that I didn't hear it but saw the word as written....as in letters. Then I'm trying to get water for the other tables and the glasses were of different sizes and I tried to sort them out to be equal in size. Then I'm trying to find the ice to make the water cold and as the glasses sat on the counter a waitress tried to fill them with pop. At this point I felt that I was taking to long and I was beginning to panic because the people at the other tables were really nice and needing attention but I just didn't know my way around the restuarant well enough ...I had to start over with the glasses and get ice and water in them....the urgency to do this fast was so great that I woke up....
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

One of the things I forgot to mention about the bottle is that the food items seem to be a salad and the top was sealed with a a stringed substance like the stringy things you might find when husking corn....but the string like substance was much stronger and cascaded like vines....but it was to seal in the drink...but the seal was edible.....so you could drink. :roll: sorry so hard to explain........
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

There are many varied forms of service that we can perform in the body of Christ. He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. (ref Luke 10:2) To me the varied drinks and cups show the diversity in the body of Christ and the diversity of so many different churches that all give the body nourishment in some form or fashion. Neat dream.

in Christ,
TamaraLynne
Diamond Member

Post by TamaraLynne »

Thank you so much for your reply. bj....do you remember Talithas post on cold water and how it was good to get cold water but if it took to long for the water to get to its destination and it was lukewarm then it was not good? Do you remember where that post was?
I'm going to look more into the harvest scriptures...

Thank you :)
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

I believe BJ is right. This is refering to many peoples waiting to be refreshed by the word of God. America, Canada and European nations are being well waited upon but now it is time to focus on those nations who are patiently waiting. We need to be equiped and understand the cultures inorder to refresh them. Otherwise we give them a sweetened and unrefreshing gospel message.