Elevator falling

Archives for 2009
Blessings
Platinum Member

Elevator falling

Post by Blessings »

It has been a while since I have visited this page.

Last night I had a vivid dream that I cannot shake today.

Our family of 7 was travelling in a red compact car when ahead of us we saw flooding. I saw a bridge and kept asking if that was the 'Hamilton Bridge'? Somehow I knew that the water must be very deep if that was the Hamilton bridge. ( I just now checked for the Hamilton Bridge on the internet, and discovered there are several.)

I urged my husband to stop the car. As I did so I saw someone dive into the water just ahead of us. My husband didn't even slow down. We seemed to skim over the water. We were on dry ground again. I realized that the car was now ahead of me and I was in some kind of two wheeled cart tied behind. Then it wasn't attached to the car anymore but two of my kids were trying to pullit. I realized then that we were no longer on a road but on a path that many were walking along. So I got out of the cart. Someone recognized my children and greeted them. There were some very poor children sitting on the side of the path, perhaps begging.

Suddenly we were in some kind of market place. My kids were looking at the booths. My husband was sitting crosslegged in an elevator and he beckoned us to join him. It took me a while to get all the kids attention. Finally we were all inside. The doors closed and we started to go down. Suddenly I realized that something wasn't right and began to brace myself. I was holding onto my 5yr old daughter while my husband held our infant daughter. The other three children were standing on their own.

I realized the elevator was only a floor and the walls were the shaft. Suddenly the floor tipped and began to plummet. I braced myself against the walls and was able to work my way down with my 5yr old. The others fell down the shaft. I got down to assess the situation. My infant daughter had landed on a pillow and was laughing. My 8yr old son also landed partially on the pillow and said he was ok. I don't remember seeing my older son but my oldest daughter was on her face a few feet away. I feared the worst but then she started to get up and was weeping. I asked where she was hurt. She indicated her hip but she said, "All I can think of is that the Word of God is Gold." It was this that caused her to weep.

I know God's word is more precious than gold but what significance is there in this dream?
holydiver

Post by holydiver »

Hello, Blessings.

It may be that you feel sometimes that the kids are in control, more than you are. Maybe your trying to put across good values to try and help with raising your family.

Peace and Love in Jesus.
Read the bible
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Hello Blessings!

This is my first impression of the dream: First, the car represents your own life, ministry, walk, etc. Red represents blood, so you and your family are covered in the blood of Christ. The flood you came up to I thought represented a trial, in which you are going to be afraid, and want to stop, but your husband is just going to go straight through it without even hesitating, and make it through safely. You being in a cart represents that you are going to become a burden, in that your family is going to have to pull you along, probably by having to constantly encourage you, and remind you of why you're following G-d, and of all the things G-d has done in your life (doesn't have to be that specifically, but anything that is burdensome). I don't know if you were disconnected from the car or the car somehow now turned into your two kids. I'm thinking the latter, in which means that those two kids are going to be the ones who will pull you along and encourage you. The person who greeted you're children I saw as possibly an angel, showing you that your kids are known in heaven. You eventually do get out of the cart representing that you will cease from being a burden. The elevator going down represents that your family is going to be brought down, apparently very hard (free falling down). You will make it through it safely, because you were prepared for it. The baby landing on a cushion represents that she won't be affected by the drop; your son will partially feel it. Your daughter on the other hand is going to hit the floor hard and her hip will be hurt representing this verse:

Gen 32:25 Now when He saw that He did not prevail against him, He touched the socket of his hip; and the socket of Jacob's hip was out of joint as He wrestled with him.

G-d hurt Jacob's hip not just to hinder him from wrestling, but to symbolize being broken. Symbolically speaking, he broke his walk so that he can fix it. That day wrestling with G-d was a turning point in Jacob's life, in which he left the ways of the old Jacob and became Israel, the man of G-d.

Matthew 21:42-44 42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: “‘The stone the builders rejected has become the head of the corner; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes"? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

If you don't know Jesus is the stone, and as a christian we will fall on him and be broken, but the good news for your daughter is that when she is broken, she will glorify G-d and his word, and treat it as gold.

There was a lot to this dream so, if I missed anything let me know. Also, you should know that you can pray the bad I said about you away, that you will never be in that cart. Hope this helps!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Thankyou Holy diver for your thoughts. Robert, I believe you just confirmed what I knew in my heart was the interpretation of this dream. I regret being in that cart. I'm praying this one through. Even I understood that the injured hip was significantly related to the story of Jacob. You shed some light on that as well.

My husband is a visionary. Following him is very much like treading on water :lol: