Reoccuring house dream

Archives for 2009
paintersky

Reoccuring house dream

Post by paintersky »

Well, I had another "house" dream. I've been having similar house dreams for over 30 years and have always wondered what they mean but it's been nearly 5 years since I had one. Here goes:

As in all my "house" dreams I am being given a house. An angel or some kind of "presence" is taking me on a tour of the house. Some of my family members are always there touring it with me (my mom, sometimes daughter and father). It it always clear that the house is mine and I have authority over it.

This particular house was massive. Three stories, as I walk through each room the house seemed to grow as in more rooms are added. When I was in the 3rd floor it was huge with ceilings nearly 18ft high. It had 3 sections - the middle section was an open space with lots of windows on the north side and probably about 3000sf, the sections on the right and left of it were similar and they were both like a house (living rm, kitchen, bdrm, etc), they were each about 2400sf. I looked in one of the sides and it started out empty but as I walked it was furnished. Then I was aware that it had been the house of a friend/mentor who taught me alot about a new business I had started (IRL, she was well established with hers till the economy went down). There were 3 living room/family rooms and in one was her father sitting watching tv. I knew he didn't want to leave but I would make him. She was willing to give up the house.

The entire house was in disrepair, full of spiders, cobwebs, etc. As soon as I would think of what needed to be done there appeared someone already working on it :D. As I looked around the house was full of people remodeling it, even an interior decorator with me. I was picking out fabric for the drapes and furniture. Cost was no issue for all the remodeling and furnishing.

I was so excited about the center section and instantly knew that I would turn it into an art studio and rent out sections for less fortunate artists who needed a place to paint/draw/create. (IRL I'm a fine artist with no place to create my art as I lost my home and my daughter and I are staying in a small bedroom with our dog in my mother's house -we literally live in the one room-TV, computer, dog, eating and all- better than on the street).

As I was touring the house I was aware that I was already living in it as it was being remodeled. It was a beautiful and fascinating house and I was very excited about it (more so than in my other house dreams).

One thing I do remember as being odd was my clothes were hanging on a hook in a closet and the next day when I went to get them they were covered with little spiders and webs. I was anxious for the house to be finished and all cleaned up so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

That's my dream. I love having my house dreams. They always leave me encouraged and the memory of each of them remains so clear year after year. But I've never really understood the meaning behind them or what (if any) kind of action I'm to take. Any insight or revelation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity... Jer 29:13,14
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

I personally saw this as talking about the mansion you will have in Heaven. For one, an angel was showing you around, and second because of the spiders in the house, which I thought might have some connection to this verse:

Proverbs 30:28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.

As you can see spiders are in king's palaces, and because of that, it is showing you what kind of house this is. Here's another verse that might witness to what I'm saying:

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

I thought the house was in disrepair, because Jesus is still preparing it for you.

In conclusion, it seems to me that G-d is just reminding you that you are not going to be living where you are forever, and that one day you will live in a mansion.

Hope this helps!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Hello, I am having a different take on this. I am hearing "lofty", and perhaps it has to do with your goals in life. I think the third story, the three sections, etc. have to do with wholeness in God and in your life. When I think of spiders in the sense of your house, I think of the fact that spiders inhabit places that have long been unihabited, so it's possible that they just represent that your goals have been a long time in coming.

I also think of you possessing the land type of thing, like it was your mentor's house but you take it over and make her father leave. It reminds me of inhabiting the land, even where generations of people lived. But the word I'm hearing is inheritance. I think God is showing you the framework of what He has used others to build on your behalf. When you inhabit the house (or habitation), it will become full and fitted to your needs and desires. You will also be blessed enough to help others with your bounty.

I also think your clothes on the hanger being covered in spiders and cobwebs could mean that it isn't quite time for fulfillment.

These are just first impressions. I'm sure you will disregard what does not fit. Have a great night!

kse
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3