expressed jealousy

Archives for 2009
peggyo
Diamond Member

expressed jealousy

Post by peggyo »

Hi Dreamers:

I had a dream about a friend named Connie (meaning "steadfast"). Her last name means "beloved." It takes place at my mother's house in the kitchen. In the dream Connie simply expressed to me "Peggy you are so skinny and you keep your house so clean."

Connie's remark was spoken in a tone of longing, not angrily, or even with a smile on her face.

Dream ends.

I find the dream strange in that I am not skinny (I have developed a thyroid problem) and my house isn't very clean, especially now since under renovations. I don't believe the dream is a statement about Connie. Nor do I believe it is a statement about me as the dream is a statement addressed to me.

I have considered it could be spiritual--as in keeping a pure heart. Don't know what the skinny part would mean spiritually though.

But honestly, I don't have much contact with Connie and haven't over the years I have known her, but I do consider her to be a highly beloved friend anyway, and I would not find her to be jealous of me about these things, since they do not exist in the natural. I do think she has jealousy issues, but may be more along the lines of just not feeling so great about herself or her own life (low self-esteem). She has no reason to feel this way. She is an exceptional woman anyway you look at her. Nor would I think she would behave unlovingly because of jealousy, as some do and deny their feelings and it comes out in underhanded or hateful behavior. She's just not that kind of woman. Just as in the dream, I could see her saying something like this in real life--she's just that transparent.

Considered too the dream being related to family jealousy as it takes place at my mother's house, but Connie seems different than my family or the women in my family that have jealousy issues, so I would guess this to be the church.

A puzzler. Thought maybe someone else might see something that I have missed.

GBU and thank you for reading!
Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I understand the thyroid part, as I am on medication to keep me from gaining weight. So, for me, if I get a dream where I appear skinny and I consider the dream on a spiritual and not natural level, I wonder if it could possibly mean that I need to get into the Word of God more to fatten myself up spiritually.

I agree with you on the part where you feel it could be about keeping your heart clean. I believe the kitchen is the heart of one's home and reflects on what we serve and or give unto others and self.

If does not bear witness, toss.

God BLESS
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi again!

Thinking the thinness might be a leanness of soul issue (not leanness of spirit!). I have been doing more reading as of late, so I don't think I'm lacking for connection.

By leanness of soul I mean a lack of desire for worldly appeals. And I have felt God pressing on me in this season and I have been with him in this. It is a good thing to let go of.

Thinking too this might be a holy jealousy issue--to stir up a desire in the church for. Maybe God is telling me I've been a little successful.

Was kind of hoping this dream was prophetic--the thinness and the good housekeeping (ha!). What a Christmas present that would be to not have to buy elastic-waisted pants!

As for the thyroid issue, I'm still believing God for an answer for that and I haven't sought out a worldly solution yet. But it does affect in many ways, and one way or the other, something will have to give.

Have a blessed holiday my spiritual family!

Peggy O.

P.S.: I was talking with a family friend today who I have done a lot of talking and praying through family issues. One of them, and a big one, has been jealousy. Jealousy (and envy) is a big problem as the scripture says it brings in confusion and every evil thing (yikes!). We had always spoken of being favored by our fathers--she too was favored--and have believed that this was the cause of much of our trouble in our families. But after having this dream, I believe the true source of our family jealousy (especially the women) is towards purity of heart and keeping pure from the world that opens the door for genuine relationships, not only with our fathers, but also favor with our heavenly father. My mother and sister both expressed displeasure that I was favored by dad. But neither of them truly appreciated or cultivated a relationship of respect for him either--they missed it!! They couldn't get past the offense of human error and see his heart and/or God the father's heart through him. And in spite of his personal flaws (alcoholism, etc.), he had such a true heart and we were so blessed to have him there with us and supporting us. He was a steady and quiet servant sort of man and he was taken for granted (a good description of Christ). I wasn't interested in what he could give me or do for me, but just liked HIM!! Even if we had been poor and not had the generous provision he provided, I just liked HIM and would have happily taken more of just him, less provision.

Thought I would share this believing it might be helpful to someone else.