Interpreting Questions

Archives for 2009
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Interpreting Questions

Post by Warrior Princess »

I have some questions about interpretation. Actually, someone else asked me about it and I'd already been wondering about it myself. He made the observation that John Paul Jackson doesn't seem to consider what symbols might mean to the dreamer or whether the interp bears witness with them. I've run into a bit of a situation with this as I have a teacher whose spiritual dad is JPJ. A lot of interps she gives me don't bear witness in my spirit. When someone else DID give me an interp that bore witness, she said that what this person said is true, but that they were picking up on it in the spirit. She said that it wasn't "what your dream is saying to you." It just really gave me a huge check in my spirit when she said that. I went to her about it and she kind of explained it away.

Which brings us to today. Here's part of a dream/interp she gave me today:

ROOFTOP CHRISTMAS PLAY
I was at my parents church possibly and they were having a Christmas play. As part of the play they had torn a hole in the roof, it was like 3 stories high, and you could barely see Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus. Yes, the actors were on the roof! I remember telling someone about it all and then driving in the parking lot trying to get out, but getting sort of lost, kind of going in circles and going the wrong way, ending up in grass, etc.
This dream is talking about something in regard to the Christmas season in your life, that is out of place. Sounds like Maybe God is saying you have lost your focus and your way in the whole Christmas concept.

I was pretty shocked at the comment that I don't "get" Christmas. Am I reading this wrong, over reacting??? Comments, thoughts?

And what about this whole bearing witness in the spirit thing?
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi WarriorPrincess,

You have probably read the Sticky -On Dream Symbols- in Biblical Dream Symbols section on this site allready, but, to me, it does touch on many areas of your question.

Surely no one person has all of the answers!

The Holy Spirit however does.

Prayers that divisions are quickly mended in the area of Gods Gifts to His body.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hey WP,

I think sometimes God lets us be wrong in our interps so we don't "get all high and mighty" in our own minds, and forget that interps actually come from Him.

A caution - don't judge JPJ by one of his students. He hears from the Holy Spirit. Not saying he can't "miss it," just saying he is a spiritual leader and that God is definitely working though him.

I'm one of his students, too (having studied a bunch of his published works), and your dream to me is speaking about the traditional church getting so "high" or "spiritual" that she doesn't really "see" the deep down truth of the birth of Christ.

Hmm, you know, if you divorce yourself from the woman's interp, it could be "right on." Perhaps it is about the church - that the traditional church has lost her focus on the whole "Christmas concept" to the point where the church can't even "get out of the parking lot". She's going in circles and is confused.

My thoughts. Hope they help. :wink:
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Interestingly, she herself said that as soon as she gets into a "formula" God messes it up because it has to be about Him and not us. Are we using a gift or listening to the HS? Weird though, that when I disagreed, she insisted and then explained it away and said that prophetic people can't take a negative word.

Anyway, I recently got some revelation on this one (and there are always layers and more than one meaning, so this is just one)...I think in this one, the hole in the ceiling is a view into heaven and the bringing together of "families" i.e., "teams" to do his work. At the time I had this dream, I couldn't really understand it ("see" it) as it was "too far off." (in many ways) But as I have seen this happening in the natural, and a friend mentioned that the Lord had spoken to her about this plan of his, I came to understand this about the dream. The parking lot thing was just the setting I was in at the time (still am, but soon I'm out!) waiting waiting waiting, trying to get out in my own strength, feeling like I'm going in circles, etc.

Oh and I have followed JPJ and have learned a lot from him.

And I never judge someone on the basis of someone else.

Thanks for your replies, y'all. I just wondered if I need to be concerned and wanted to bounce it off someone else.
~Warrior Princess
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hey WP,

LOL - so I was talking about myself being wrong. :lol: C'est la vie. The revelation you received on your dream is exciting. Sorry if I came across sounding condemning - sure didn't mean too. :oops: I very much appreciate all your insightful comments and the great asset you are to this forum. Glad you'll be out of the parking lot soon, :wink:

Hugs,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Oh you didn't at all, Lily! I really appreciate your thoughts! =)
~Warrior Princess