Bow and arrow

Archives for 2009
kse
Platinum Member

Bow and arrow

Post by kse »

My husband dreamed that he had a bow and arrow, and with it he shot a fish, and later a deer. That's all. I hope everyone's Christmas was wonderful!

kse
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

I think this may be a dream of intercession for your husband. Bow and arrows are usually used to harm others.

I would pray for your husbands strengh in his walk with Christ if he's saved and pray for his salvation if he isn't saved.

If possible, ask your husband if he is developing a dislike for christians or a certain believer.

Fish usually represent christians and deer represents the soul in some cases. Psalms 42:1 the hart (deer) is a reference to Davids soul in the context of that particular scripture.

Hope this helps........
Truth Seeker
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

My husband said this dream was a positive one. Consider that a bow and arrow are also used to kill food for meat...fish can also represent provision.
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

kse,

Okay, then lets take the route of God provision. Is there anything that you'll are need of that you'll have been praying for?
Truth Seeker
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi kse,

The first thing I thought about with this dream was the fact that I work with sooo many men (and women too) who hunt, and it is hunting season. It reminded me of the conversation I had the last time I was there with someone about bow hunting. He told me there was an archery range inside some big Sport Outfitters nearby.
Target shooting would be kewl.

Anyways...good memory for me, I cannot think to kill a deer but, many, mostly men but women also, tend to look at things differently.

I never asked a hunter if they have hunter dreams.

Is your husband a "good sport" or does he have a "good eye, and aim" ? A straitshooter?

Piano

I edited this post because I cannot get out of my head that a dream like this would not have been pleasant to me, and have quite different meaning symbolically.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Bow and arrow

Post by Counted4Him »

Kse,

Bow could mean strength in Gen. 49:24; Judgment against evil, taking action to conquer evil. Psalm 7: 11-12. Psalm 45: 4-5
Arrows can represent the power, love, wisdom of God finding a way to deliver his people from enemies 2 Kings 13:17 also the children of great men in training under their parents who become alert and become used abundantly by God for his business Ps.127:4

Arrows can be a prophetic symbol of God’s deliverance and total victory. God can give one arrows of deliverance for yourself, others and your ministry. A deer in scripture speaks of graceful, swift, sure footed, timid, and agile; further the deer are praised as models for humans. The fish symbolizes Christians; A sacred symbol of early Christianity. The fish, which symbolically depicts our present position of experiencing supernatural grace. Hebrews dag, a word denoting great fruitfulness Gen. 9:2. Just a few more meanings to ponder on for considerations if it bares witness.

Blessings
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Thank you all, I am getting a little more direction on this. I keep hearing "follow-through", like the arrows represent following through and hitting the desired target. I think it's a message for him that his aim is sure and that God is giving him power to possess, where as for a long time the Lord has not allowed him this power. The deer could be the favor in the business of the world--land creature, possessing the land (I keep thinking "high" because it leaps), and the fish having to do with the church or spiritual realm because it is a water creature and water represents the Spirit. I think his endeavors in both places will be fruitful and his aim sure. Or so I am geting until it is confirmed by the Lord...

Further, on a personal note, my husband has hunted deer in the past but was never able to actually get one, so it may be just another personal sign for him. :)