Macdonalds and an underground car park

Archives for 2009
michaeld

Macdonalds and an underground car park

Post by michaeld »

Here is my dream. I was driving a taxi with a woman in it (i used to be a taxi driver), the taxi meter had $10 on it, i pulled into a Macdonalds and lined up to order, the thing is in the natural at that time I didnt eat Macdonalds. I didnt end up ordering but went back out to the taxi but it was in an underground car park below macdonalds parked in the back right hand corner. there was a female police officer next to it and a table which had my wallet and drivers licence on it. The police officer had an syringe with gold/yellow liquid in it, she was wanting to inject it into me before she would give me my licence and taxi back. I had an attitude like i didnt need it. the police officer seemed quite concerned for me.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi michaeld,

Not really interpretation, just a couple thoughts..if any does not apply, please discard.

When I think of McDonalds, I think of the Golden Arches.
This would fit with the color of liquid in the police syringe.
You know that this form of nourishment is not healthy.

You concidered getting some "fast food", but decided not to order it.

Makes me think that there are many things that can quench the appetite, but many are not healthy.

You choose not to opt for this fast unhealthy "fix"

The test truely comes when your identity and ability to move freely is placed in front of the temptation to take in this quick fix/medicine.
(the syringe)

By losing yourself, (your I.D. and possessions) you gain freedom and your identity in Christ.... and freedom from the thing that would hurt you. (the syringe and the elements of control over you)

I have had yellow in my dreams recently as well.
Some ideas I have had on the meaning of this color...

Caution
Infirmity/disease
cowardice

Sunshine/glory/joy

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Yellow can also mean something good, heavenly, and I've been seeing a lot of people having dreams about medicine from the Lord which fits with the "cleaning up" we are all going through as the body of Christ at this time. Note your car was also yellow and you had $10 in the meter which can mean "government/commandments." You also did not "pick up your order(s)" in the restaurant (church/ministry where you get fed). Is there a ministry you have been involved with in the past? Possibly service oriented? An assignment the Lord has for you that you have been reluctant to do? I'm seeing the police officer as the Lord giving you some "help" with that. I'm seeing your license as your identity/will and your purse as your heart. Is it possible that he is showing you that putting those things on the altar is what the needed "medicine" is?
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

I used to be a taxi driver and had a great time evangelising, to lots of people. I suppose you could say that was my ministry. in 2008 i burnt out from it. and i felt like God told me about 3 months before that happened that my annointing was going to finish. I felt like that the police officer wanted to heal me of my burn out (theres more to it but burn out is the easiest way to explain it in short detail.) so i could get back into taxi driving. The problem i had with understanding in the dream is where did i need to be or what did i need to do, to get healed? does the underground car park represent a place i need to be? if so what is it? its interesting how WARRIOR PRINCESS said "Is it possible that he is showing you that putting those things on the altar is what the needed "medicine" is?" In the dream when the injection was offered to me I seemed to have an attitude of I'll be okay i don't need it and wanted to walk away. while the police officer had a sense of urgency about giving me this injection. I've been hoping i could get healed quick but God seems to be making me wait for a while which i really don't understand why that would be. I've felt this dream had the answer to my healing but i haven't been able to figure out what it was saying.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I am very curious about the color yellow in these recent dreams as well. Perhaps the Lord will give us more insight..soon!

The police remind me of "the Law" as do the 10 commandments.
The law is satisfied in Christ.

The table in the dream does seem to denote an alter.

Surely prayer will bring about needed insight and the healing that you seek.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

The parking lot says waiting to me. In my dreams, the Lord uses underground to mean "under cover," in different cases that has meant putting myself under the authority of a church, or going undercover as dream interpreters to evangelize, or just staying hidden in him until the time was right. Has he been speaking to you about putting yourself under the authority of a church body? Maybe you are to wait there, do whatever healing is necessary so you'll have strength for the assignment he wants to give you?

All symbols can have a positive or negative meaning. The key is the context. Even more importantly, what is the Holy Spirit saying and what bears witness in the spirit of the dreamer? Interpreting from the symbols alone (especially nonbibilical definitions) is a worldly approach and can be dangerous. We don't want the enemy deceiving us!

Yellow: See Metals. Gold: Something good; honor; infirmity; sin. (Ps. 68: 13)
Gold: See Colors (Yellow).The riches of the glory of God; enduring capacity of the believer as overcomer; unchanging holiness; wisdom; glory; righteousness; glorifying self when used as adornment or as idol worship. (Lam. 4: 2; Ps. 19: 10, 119: 72; Rev. 3: 18, 21: 18. 21; 1 Cor. 3: 12; Ex. 20: 23; Is. 40: 19; Job 22: 25)
Police: See also Guard, Lawyer and Judge: Spiritual authority of the church; Pastor or Elders; protection; natural authority; angels or demons; enforcer of the curse of the law. (Hebrews 1: 7, 14; Luke 12: 11; 22: 25; Ps. 94: 20; 2 Cor. 10: 8; Titus 2: 15; 2 Tim. 1: 12; Eph. 6: 10-18; 1 Peter 5: 8; 2 Kings 10: 25; Acts 16: 27; Prov. 4: 13; 13: 6; 21: 23)
~Warrior Princess
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi michaeld,

I am curious about the female aspects of the dream..your female passenger and the female police officer.

Could this woman represent someone in your life or your past that wanted to "give you a shot" and you decided to turn her down?

There have been times in my life that I began to lose my identity around certain people, due to their powerful or authorative influence.

This Police officer seems to be the center of what lies underneath your past taxi ministry and who you are today.

I wanted to add, also, that not knowing your gender, just guessing you are male..Feminine aspects seem to speak to the emotions, nurturing and intuition, more than logic.

Again, discard what does not speak to you,

Piano
michaeld

Post by michaeld »

Warrior Princess wrote:The parking lot says waiting to me. In my dreams, the Lord uses underground to mean "under cover," in different cases that has meant putting myself under the authority of a church,
This speaks to me what you have said about being under cover. I suppose my wondering is how do i put myself under the authority of my church?
Warrior Princess what have you done that shows you have put yourself under the authority of a church?
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Every church does it differently, but it's basically about making a place your home church, putting yourself under their spiritual covering, etc. Some places do membership, praying in/praying out thing like in the New Testament churches. It's basically making a commitment to a house of God where he wants you to be. Has he been speaking to you about a particular body of believers where he might want you to be?
~Warrior Princess