Removed dad from his coffin and put another in it

Archives for 2009
Trishla

Removed dad from his coffin and put another in it

Post by Trishla »

I had this dream a week or so ago and can't/don't understand it. It horrified and upset me.

I dreamed I was with somebody (another man whom I know) and we removed my dad from his coffin and rolled him in a large carpet mat. We then put the other mans body in the coffin to 'hide' his it because we had just killed him. Then we took dads body, wrapped in the big mat and dropped him into a river. There were lots of reeds around the edge of the river.

I don't know why we killed the oher person. Neither do I understand why I'd take dad from his coffin and 'hide' somebody else in it then tread his body with such disrespect as to dump him in a river!

My dad passed away september 2008 and I felt that this dream seemed to relate back in time to then.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

How did you feel when you woke up? Did you feel fear or condemnation?
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
Trishla

Post by Trishla »

I felt dreadful. Fearful, too ... not sure about condemned but I felt as if I were guilty of something. In addition, the man with me in the dream was the same one I dreamed of months ago ... a co-worker of mine ran into him and a few weeks later and was telling me about him. made me feel rather sick.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

In Isaiah 42 and Matt 12 it says:

Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, (He won't brush aside the bruised and the hurt and he won't disregard the small and insignificant, but he'll steadily and firmly set things right. MSG) till he leads justice to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope.

What is this other man's relationship to you?
~Warrior Princess
Trishla

Post by Trishla »

the wrong kind! we had an affair many years ago. Hes manipulative and at the time I'd have done anything for him. (dumb, eh) :oops:
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

We all have stuff, sis. No worries.:wink: What was your relationship like with your dad?
~Warrior Princess
Trishla

Post by Trishla »

we all had a very close relationship with our dad. We miss him a lot, but we know hes safe with Christ. I'm the oldest of 4 girls if thats any help.
this dream has left me with a feeling of dread, but I cant figure out quite why.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Could the killing and dread and the hiding and the covering up be about not wanting what happened to come out? Maybe you are still feeling shame about this toward Heavenly Father or were ashamed of embarrassing your earthly father if he was still alive at the time, or it might even be about you feeling shame about yourself physically because of it. But I think the point is that YOU ARE FORGIVEN and THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION in Christ Jesus. He loves you so much, sis. He wants you free. It's ok to forgive yourself. Read that verse again, makes a little more sense now. :)

He won't brush aside the bruised and the hurt...he'll steadily and firmly set things right.

Hugs,
WP
~Warrior Princess
Trishla

Post by Trishla »

Oh my ... you are right.