Couldn't Get to the Audience

Archives for 2007
TheHealedWoman
Silver Member

Couldn't Get to the Audience

Post by TheHealedWoman »

I had a very short dream, but I feel like it has a few definitive meanings. In the beginning of the dream, I was in my school, I suppose gym, but it was very different that it is in real life. The band (that I was a major part of for 4 years) was playing a concert, but I wasn't in the band, I was sitting above them. It seemed impossible--I wasn't directly above them, but near the ceiling, and a little farther back, sitting down, and looking at them. I walked down? I guess, midway through and went to leave the gym. When I did, the concert didn't stop, but the band director started yelling at me that it was rude to leave in the middle of the concert, and couldn't I see that no one else was doing it? The strange part was--people were doing it. They were leaving in twos and threes constantly at a slow rate, though the crowd never seemed to get any smaller. The really odd part was that though the director was yelling at me, no one else could hear him, and to everyone else I knew it looked liked he was still conducting. A few people in the band were looking at me though--apparently they could hear him too. He was doing two things at once. Very strange.

I finally left, and was walking through the hallways trying to get to the audience side. I started to get confused, because I knew the school well, but no matter where I went, I couldn't find my way to the audience. I knew my mother, mother-in-law, and husband were on the other side and I wanted to get to them. After a long time, I found my way outside, and the band was there. When I said, "What are you doing, you have a concert to play!" They looked at me, and one of them said, "We are inside playing." It was one of the people who had seen the director doing two things at once. I was getting scared that I couldn't get into the audience, and I went ouside and in several times. I ran into a man (the only person I had seen inside). The hallways had been completley deserted, and the lights were dim. They had concrete floors, and a sort of whitish and blue color to them. He was an older man, and asked why I was hurrying around. I said I had to get to the audience, and couldn't find my way there. He looked at me, and after awhile said, "Maybe if you can't get to the audience, there's a reason. You aren't supposed to be there, Michelle." Then he apparently disappeared, and I woke up. I have the sort of memory of after he said this, I stopped looking, and suddenly I was with my family that I'd been trying to find.

Any ideas?[/b]
How Great Is Our God, Sing With Me, How Great Is Our God, And All Will See, How Great, How Great, Is Our God!
yeshuas_beloved
Bronze Member

Post by yeshuas_beloved »

I believe this school could represent the Church...a place where there is great music and teaching. The people are being sent out in two's and three's to do the LORD's work...just as the early disciples were sent out by Jesus two by two.

The director, I believe, could represent the old wineskin of ministry. Church is no longer a place to come to fill up on learning and good music, but a place to be equipped and then be sent out into the world. He was obviously frustrated because this did not fit his approach to ministry. I think it is very humorous that he was yelling and conducting at the same time...I have seen this happen in churches when things do not go the way leadership wishes them to go.

The concert can be representative of the Body of Christ working together as well, as a symphony of living instruments. The conductor of course being the leadership...pastors, etc.

You were spending a lot of time trying to get to the audience. I think this represents spectators in the church...people who come but do not do works in His Name...pew warmers. The LORD may have you in an uncomfortable place (as I definitely feel personally along with the rest of the Church). We can no longer be spectators. We have to go outside of the four walls.

The crowd never seems to diminish because there are constantly people coming into the Kingdom which must be prepared and then sent out. This is still necessary and vital to the Kingdom. Church has its place.

However, we cannot be confined to just the building. The band you ran into was playing both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the building. God is moving in both arenas. The music that so moves us and changes our lives in the church has to come out in the streets!!! People desperately need it there, too! I think the older man represents the LORD speaking words of wisdom to you....it's time to change old mindsets and move forward in Him.

I hope this interp helps and that it encourages you. I say these things with love and conviction. Many of these themes are burning in my heart as well.

I had a similar school dream last year, complete with a band and people leaving in droves!!!! The youth were especially upset at the old ways of doing things. In part of the dream, there was a woman speaking to a crowded lecture hall full of all ages...youth to older adults. She was conducting a funeral for a pet inside of a glass box, visible for all to see. It was on a machine which refrigerated and preserved it for good viewing, to keep it from decay...you might say cryogenics or something creepy like that. The youth got very upset and rowdy, and started heading out the door. They couldn't put up with it any longer. I spent a lot of time in the dream looking for certain areas, getting lost in passageways, etc. The LORD showed me this represented the church in transition. She is trying to find her way, and there are ministries still trying to hold on to their "pet" programs, though they are dead as a doornail and highly ineffective to reaching the lost, esp. the youth. The youth were carrying a new movement, not of rebellion, but bringing a fresh fire to the church and to the world at large.

Sorry this is so long, but I was getting a lot of revelation even as I shared this with you. Awesome dreams!!! Hallelujah!

Sandra <><