Very unusual dream about death - could use your help!

Archives for 2010
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Very unusual dream about death - could use your help!

Post by VigilantSeeker »

This was very quick. I'm sitting at a table. There is a woman that I know in real life to the left and right of me. We are looking in a box. All of a sudden, I am sitting opposite the woman to the left of me, and someone that I don't see is now sitting beside me. I reach into the box and I am looking at something that is brilliantly white in this box and I'm preparing to take it out of the box. (This is the second time I've dreamt of brilliantly white) As I'm looking in the box, the woman that was sitting to the right of me, now sitting across from me, leans over to look in the box. I am aware that others find her a little annoying, but it's insignificant in the dream. All of a sudden, my elderly neighbor in real life appears beside me. He says, "Life is a journey, and I'll see you in about a month." I instantly wake up and have this feeling that this dream is about my death.

This is a really unusual dream for me and I would appreciate your thoughts.

In His love,
VS
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Honestly, I don't really see how this could apply to it being your "death", unless your neighbor is currently dead or that you both are going to die in a month, which is possible, but very unlikely. If it does mean your death, you also have to consider which death it's referring to: a spiritual death, physical death, death to the old self, etc.

The brilliantly white 'thing' in the box could be a multitude of things, in my opinion, but I would guess that it is most likely your gift in the spirit. Keeping this in mind, maybe the dream is taking about the death of your old life, and the birth of your new life; where, maybe, your new life will be focused on G-d, and using this gift to glorify him.

Of course, this is all just conjecture, and I really can't stand firm on anything I said, due to the fact, your dream is vague and doesn't really have much context to work with, unless either I missed it or you haven't told the full dream.

Basically, you should pray for revelation, and that if it means your 'physical' death, that G-d will keep you from it, though your probably already know this and don't need me to tell you. Just remember, that you can pray these kinds of things away; the dream was never confirmed.

Hope this helps!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Viligentseeker,

For your discernment and prayerful consideration.

I believe this brilliantly white object that you are about to pull out of its box represents not only God but also this new thing He is doing in your life, as you prepare to take your understanding of Him up until this point, "out of the box" in expansion, so to speak.

The others in the dream who are witness to this new thing in your life, are anticipating this new gift with you.

Perhaps there are parts of each of these ladies that you can relate to, that would help your understanding?

I believe the elderly neighbor may represent the "Old Man" that wishes to discourage you from this path, thus the feelings of death.

He would be the part of you... that little voice in the head that tries to reason (doubt) against moving into this new territory of blessing and/or ministry/freedom/newness.
He lives/sits right beside you, but you do not have to head his voice.

(Of course any new understanding may also represent death of old and comfortable (neighborly) understanding, death to self, and being alive in Christ)

Thanks for sharing...discard what does not settle.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

If that is what YOU thought- perhaps so-
But if your neighbor is living . . . ?

Are you male & are you married vigilanty?
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

God bless all of you and your thoughts. This thread is edifying and has brought me much joy. It’s not that I was dwelling on ‘death’ because I have learned to wait on The Lord. I was finding it difficult to get any read on this dream, which is unusual for me. I usually have some idea and that helps sustain me until I get revelation. This dream was different.

I am a married woman with 4 daughters. The white being my gift coupled with the new thing that God is doing in my life really made my heart jump. Over this past year, after I became certified to teach, I prayed and waited upon The Lord to give me guidance on what to do for employment, and I firmly believe that my getting this recent job is in line with His Will. Since then, I’ve been calling upon God for continued guidance throughout every area of my life. This is one of the first times that I have ‘fully’ relied upon God and my whole understanding on what it means to live in faith has been renewed. I do find it difficult to keep in God’s Will because the world presses so firmly upon me and it’s imperative to keep ones mind focused upon God. I can only do this in His strength. I had a transformed understanding of living in God’s Will after I read Tramp for the Lord by Corrie ten Boom.
I believe this brilliantly white object that you are about to pull out of its box represents not only God but also this new thing He is doing in your life, as you prepare to take your understanding of Him up until this point, "out of the box" in expansion, so to speak.
The above quote literally reached out and grabbed me!

Yes, my neighbor is living and I am going to pray about this meaning a death to my old self. I feel all of you have been so important in helping me take a proper prospective on this dream.

Again, God Bless You!

In His Love,
VS
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

This is an excerpt for a Lauren Hill song. It reminds me of your dream

[Singing Chorus]
And just get out
Oh, just get out of all these bondage
Just get out
Oh, you can't hold me in chains
Just get out
All these traditions killin' freedom
Knowin' my condition
Is the reason I must change

[Singing Verse 3]
I've just accepted what you said
Keepin' me among the dead
The only way to know
Is to walk then learn and grow
But faith is not your speed
Oh, you've had everyone believed
That you're the sole authority
Just follow the majority
Afraid to face reality
The system is a joke
Oh, you'd be smart to save your soul
Oh, when escape is mind control
You spent your life in sacrifice
To a system for the dead
Oh, are you sure...
Where is the passion in this living
Are you sure it's God you servin'
Obligated to a system
Getting less then you're deserving
Who made up these schools, I say
Who made up these rules, I say
Animal conditioning
Oh, just to keep us as a slave
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

Wow! Thank you for this song, Will. The lyrics are profound, and I'm going to find it right now. May God continue to bless you.

VS