Ex-husband

Archives for 2010
forhim
Silver Member

Ex-husband

Post by forhim »

Twice in the past week I have had dreams about my ex-husband. He is my children's father. We have been divorced for 20+ years. I don't remember many details of the dreams. However, in both it was as if he was trying to be friends, to make amends. He has NOT made that effort in real life.

After I awoke from the first dream I asked the Holy Spirit "what was that about?" as I have not had dreams of him in a LONG time. My thought was that I need to pray for him. Two days later I found out that he had been hospitalized due to blood clots in his legs.

Then last night I had a dream where he was friendly. He said "Satan stole a lot from us, didn't he?".

Any spirit filled insight on those dreams?
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

hi, these dreams sound seem to speak of restoration...the specefic kind is up to god though.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi forhim:

I would take these dreams to mean the Holy Spirit is working on bringing your husband to some repentance and God is letting you know that through these dreams.

The dreams may be given to you to prepare you for what is to come. It can be a difficult thing to truly forgive an ex-spouse for the havoc they have played in our lives. So I'm guessing God is preparing your heart.

Too I think it is often hard for men to be honest with themselves and with the women in their lives or that were in their lives about their true feelings, regrets, failures. They often keep this to themselves and leave us guessing. The Holy Spirit may be tipping you off to his true feelings, again to soften you and for you to pray towards that end. I always believe people know the truth deep down, they just have a hard time dealing with it on a conscious level as it stirs up such painful and negative emotions.

God may be using some difficult circumstances in his life to move him from the subconscious truth that he knows and bring it more into the forefront of his thinking, where he can begin to deal with it honestly to himself and possibly then with others (maybe even you!) as well. Crisis can do that!

Anyway, if this were my dream, that is how I would take it and prepare my heart to be gracious towards him, whatever lies ahead. I think this one would be a hard one for me and I pray you have great victory on this one forhim.

Bless you!
Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
dborah777
Diamond Member

Post by dborah777 »

Peggy O., that was beautiful, eloquent, and poignant. Your interpretation seriously moved me. This is not "me" time, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

ForHim, sometimes, as I'm sure you may know, our "physical" ailments can be a direct result of the "emotional" turmoil that's in our lives. Anger, bitterness, grudges -- all that poison -- can manifest in the form of illness in the body -- especially with men who, like Peggy O. said, tend to keep things bottled up inside.

If a person is experiencing blood clots, then the blood is not flowing properly, which directly correlates with the hearts ability to function properly. I think of Psalm 51:
"Create in me a 'CLEAN' heart Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me!"
I pray that your ex-husband receive a new heart and that his blood be transfused in exchange for the Blood of Jesus, which can make Him whole physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I also pray that if there be any residual unforgiveness, anger, bitterness, or regrets in your heart, that the Lord cleanse, heal, and make you and your family whole as well.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure I could use some cleaning up of my heart, so thank you for sharing this, and thank you Peggy O. for weighing in on this. I'm going to take a Psalm 51 myself and call it a night.

Much love and my prayer for both of you ladies, and I close with this:

We will all lay us down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makes us to dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8 (emphasis added).
caahbHg,
deBorah
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

This helped me thank you for posting it.
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

Thank you all for your replies. I have been praying for restoration for our family for a long time. He has accepted the LORD as Savior and teaches Sunday School. However, he has never told my children that he was wrong for the way he treated us or for abandoning his responsibilities to his family. He married the woman with whom he had an affair. I married a man about 7 years after my divorce. He died after 7 years of marriage. So I am not sure what these dreams mean. I will keep asking and HE WILL keep HIS promise that if I ask HE WILL answer.

I had another dream about my ex a few nights ago. In this dream he told me that he loves me. Interesting, huh? I will continue to WAIT on HIM and HIS perfect timing.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Ex-husband can represent the things of this world (sin or the devil) and/or the things you loved before Christ. Thought I would mention this for you to ponder in prayer.

Blessings :wink:
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

Thanks, Dance. That is something to ponder.
Newwine
Platinum Member

Post by Newwine »

Wonderful insights regarding restoration / reconciliation, and finer details. Thought I would mention it.

Love in Him,
Joanne
Enjoy the journey