almost stabbed a prophet in my kitchen

Archives for 2010
peggyo
Diamond Member

almost stabbed a prophet in my kitchen

Post by peggyo »

Good Day Dreamers!

I dreamed my son Benjamin and I were in my living room. Then I decide to go around the bend into the kitchen and upon doing so, realize I am completely naked and there is a great big man in my kitchen standing right in front of me. The room seems a little dimmed for light. I do not recognize who he is at first and think he is an intruder so I'm almost ready to stab him in the chest/heart (somehow I have a knife in my hand). I'm not at all bothered about being naked in this dream. Just startled/surprised at the unexpected guest.

Then I realize this is my friend Neal. He is a young man that I know and talk with often. He sees me and my nakedness and says "oh!" and backs up, telling me he is here to see my son Matthew. My son Matthew is a prophet who does not yet know it--Neal also is a prophet that does not know it yet. And this man Neal has a likeness to my son Matthew--there's a sameness about the 2 of them, although they do not know each other. My son is not born again and I don't believe Neal is either. I have this type of call as well, which concerns me because of the knife in my hand and near mistaken stab which would have killed this prophet.

Thanks for your help!
Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

Hi PeggyO...

I feel inspired to comment on this dream rather than offer a specific interp blow by blow.

The fact that you have a knife in your hand isn't the area of concern.
Your response to a sudden encounter when you feel caught off guard is.

So... I would explore areas that appear to be limited in your understanding where perhaps if you raised the light level you would be better able to respond by the spirit, instead of being caught off guard and reacting in a way that could not only hurt someone, but is lethal to their well being.

We want them to respect the person... not the weapon they carry. Which appears to be his first response as he backs away...but would it be his lasting response if he thought he could out manuever you?

Cheers to you!!
Taps...
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Peggyo,

At first glance, I see this as a possible dream of discernment. The knife is representing the word of God and one facet of the word of God is discernment.

Hebrews 4:12 says For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God seems to be raising your discernment level. Have you been praying for discernment?

Even though you know Neal is destine to be a prophet, I would suggest that you keep your heart guarded. The reason that I say this is because he was in your house and you didn't know.

The word of God is your standard and him backing up at the knife is saying to me that it needs to be made clear what the standard is or where the line is.
Truth Seeker
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Taps and Truthseeker:

Thanks for your thoughts on my dream. I've been thinking on it all day.

Neal's name means champion and I've been wondering if this "visit" for Matthew is foretelling of good news for him. Matthew does have some plans underway.

There's good information to sort through in both posts and I will meditate on both. Praying for greater discernment to know where to draw the line.

Truthseeker: I always seem to be praying for understanding but not specifically discernment.

Sometimes with people we know we tend to draw that line of discernment out a little further than we would otherwise--human tendency. Neal would never be in my house literally as he is a neighborhood cashier and I know him loosely, but by the spirit. I do not believe he is anything to fear--gentle giant sort! My fight response came because I had not recognized him yet. Fear took over in the dim light and moment of surprise and honestly I'd be more likely to do a flight response than a fight response in the natural, but this is dreamland. So I've yet to entirely comprehend. The knife may indeed represent discernment.

I've had a number of dreams recently that seem to point to my initial reactions to things being negative, but the anticipated negative thing turns out benign. I'm not certain how this thought plays into this dream but it seems to.

I'm definitely not good with quick discernment, as you have given exhortation Taps to be careful to respond by the spirit. I do tend to have more of a flesh response in an emergency yet. Possibly God will be testing/trying me here to iron out my fleshly responses. Not looking forward to that though honestly.

Possibly something is coming to help my son be a champion and I may initially misinterpret it, only to catch myself. And maybe the dream is given to restrain the knife. If anything, I am overly guarded and especially in regards to my children.

I will respond again if anything plays out in the natural to mirror this dream and give better understanding.

I'm wondering Taps if you could better explain by what you said--"but would it be his lasting response if he thought he could out maneuver you?" Do you mean my surprise visitor may not respect me in the long term because of my hasty response to attack, instead of taking the time to recognize him?

I guess it would seem disrespectful of the other person to not take the time to first make a decent discernment before coming close to killing them, heh? And that most likely would stir up feelings of disrespect in return. And he made no move to harm me before I started to swing my knife. Thankfully caught myself, or somebody caught me! I may need to make some changes in my relatibility with my son Matthew. (But I'm just wondering when he gets to make some much-needed changes also?!) My guardedness and hasty self-protection may be coming off as disrespectful to him.

Yes, I would prefer others to respect me, not my weapons. Excellent insight!

Thanks friends!
Peggy O.
Last edited by peggyo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Well this dream shows me that a prophet can often feel like an intruder because he sees things that expose others. I think it would also be preparing you to recognize God's prophets in the youth. God is teaching you, letting you know that to you it may seem dangerous. He does not want you to hurt his prophets. There is something happening in this generation. It is King David coming into his house. I see God doing something in the youth that is the manifestation of God's son's. David brought the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem like a rock star.I think we are about to see a fresh expression of the love of God. The scripture says; "If we receive a prophet we receive his reward." To me that says a prophet is difficult to receive, but receiving him brings inumeral dividends. We would on account of our own shame reject a prophet. Every generation does it. That is a very humbling thought.

I think this is somehow related to music. When I read Neal, I hear Neil Young. Your son is like him.

please feel free to judge this.
Newwine
Platinum Member

Post by Newwine »

Hi Peggy O. For your prayerful consideration.

See wonderful thing in what everyone offered and would like to share those as I feel I may see them for your prayerful consideration.

Homes can represent the personal / inner lives of those that live in it. This can be like seeing into your heart and the hearts of those that may dwell there with you. Your son lives within your heart and it may be that this other young man is finding a place in your heart too.

It may be that the living room may represent a place of sharing between you and your son. You being completely naked to me speaks of sharing openly from your heart and as such exposing yourself in the safety and security of your home.

So now you go to this kitchen that appears to need lighting (the Lord's Light). It may speak of you both not seeing each other and / or the situation, in the proper lighting. You initially respond with the knife and he backs up as he sees you and your nakedness.

Jesus gave us a great example in revelations. He says He knocks on the door of our hearts, waits for us to hear him, open to him and invite him in. Then He says we will share a meal together (look up for accuracy as I am going by memory).

And we live and learn so feel there is some value for the both there.

And as you may well know, people and things in our dreams can be literal, symbolic, or toth as these things can apply to more than one situation.

For your prayerful consideration. Feel free to toss what may not fit.
Love in Him,
Joanne
Enjoy the journey
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Will and New Wine:

Much thanks for your offering of insights. Again, much is given to sift through. I think sometimes the simplest of dreams are the deepest and most unsettling and can take me a really long time to understand their meanings.

I think the surprise meeting in my kitchen may be symbolic for some change coming at a heart level with my son. Better lighting is definitely needed~~come Holy Spirit!

Yeah Will, my son does bear a large resemblance to Neil Young. I've never actually seen Neal before but viewed a video of him playing "heart of gold" when he was in his early 20s--that's pretty much Matthew in looks and temperament. My son plays guitar and sings also. But he has been in a hole for a long time--several years--and I haven't heard him play. He recently told me he has Asperger syndrome. I've looked into it and this may be true. So he has had some extra struggles, although he has extremely high IQ and has the mind and thinking of someone much older. Sort of like living with a grumpy old man. He's also struggled with social issues and independent living difficulties. He is 25 yo.

Receiving a prophet can be difficult. But being I am one also, it would seem suicidal, even hypocritical not to. And living with Matthew has been very difficult as his views and vision are not yet tempered by the Spirit--he just spews whatever he sees, rather viciously, all over the place. He has been misunderstood but also misunderstands others. And I think there is a need to look towards heart motives rather than just the facts as we see them.

Prophets can surely feel like intruders and be misunderstood~~well said! Sad to say, but it is difficult for me to have Matthew around the house as he picks everything apart so thoroughly, there's not much left when he is finished, and I often find myself wishing he was out somewhere.

Two prophets in one house--I don't know! Tis a recipe for something!

Jesus bless your day!
Peggy O.
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Niel Young is a total loner, poet, songsmith, icon. The sprit of Elijah is on this generation strong. You are a prophet training prophets. Your dream reminds me of the story of Noah and Ham. Your suffering will help others recognize them, Really we in my opinion, are on the verge of stars shining to prepare us for the rising of the Son. It is like John the Baptist preparing us for Christ. I am really just letting my heart go hear. I hope I am not being to forward.
Blessings
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

If anything, I am overly guarded and especially in regards to my children.
Do you mean my surprise visitor may not respect me in the long term because of my hasty response to attack, instead of taking the time to recognize him?

When I spoke of your limited light I meant what is needed is a greater Light (spiritual understanding) perhaps in areas where it involves this young man presence in your home to see your son. How you feel about this relationship and influence.

I see what you say above in the first quote, as the reason you carry the knife...yes. That sits right in my spirit. You feel a need to guard and protect your children. You are not carrying that knife to protect yourself as you are quite open and willing to be vulnerable in relationship.

What I said about respecting you means that because of your willingness to be relational and vulnerable in relationship, you are respected for who you are... but this guarded, protective attitude you display, which comes as a surprise to those present, may threaten the relationship should you react out of that (when you have limited understanding).
The young gentleman, who backed away... might feel the need to defend himself if he feels personally threatened rather than just back away from it. That's what i meant by the statement I made that you questioned and I quote from above.

The area of limited light may be seen by him as challenging his lifestyle, questioning his values, or his intentions under scrutiny etc etc etc. These are just some ideas... perhaps there is an area that you are not sure would be helpful or healthy, (in this relationship) for your son, which causes you to adopt a protective, guarded feeling.

Does this help?
Thanks for asking for clarification. I should have taken the time to open it up rather than just post a quick reply.
Take care... Taps

8)