Starving, Bleeding Babies

Archives for 2007
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Starving, Bleeding Babies

Post by ArisenShine »

In a part of a city where there seemed to be alot of confusion. Many apartments w/people looking for places to stay, and alot of junk and refuse in all of them, like the apartments had been trashed.

There were toddlers and babies in just diapers, and they were starving and one toddler girl rummaged thru a pile of debree (sp)and found a six-pack of doll-sized baby bottles with milk in them.

Then I saw she had taken the six-pack back to where some babies were to share, because they were all so hungry. The six-pack was still attached by one of those plastic ring things, and all the kids were huddled together drinking like a litter of puppies. They were huddled in a corner inside one of the apartments.

They sucked on the bottle-nipples so hard like a starving person who hadn't had nourishment for a long time. They'd already finished the milk and were sucking down air now, so I tried to pull the bottles away from them....but they would hardly let go with their mouths. They wanted more. I had to pull very hard to get the empty bottles away.

When I had removed the bottles some of the babies were moving around and I saw blood oozing/seeping thru their pores in some parts of there bodies, I knew from starvation. IT's like their skin had become very thin from lack of nutrition and their organs bled somettimes and blood would seep thru.

That was all. I can't relate this to anything in my own life, nor anything I've seen lately, so.....

thanks for reading,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

:cry: that is soooo sad......

and I believe that it is a picture of many churches....

soooo sad......

I don't have much to say here, just feelin' it......

btw - it's debris - one of my favorite words, lol

this scripture does come to mind:
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

No one has raised these people up - they are expecting them to feed themselves, but all they know is milk...... I think the confusion is key..... and the thin skin..... there are so many in the body of Christ who try so hard to avoid abuse (thin skin, can't be corrected/taught) that they reject authority altogether, and they aren't allowing anyone to raise them up..... ??

is that bearing witness.....

tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I see what you mean Tal...ouch...

I also thought of the Harvest...Because it happened outside where they are...And they are starving looking for the Milk of the word....the Gospel, plain and simple for them to digest....but its hard to come by out there where they are...And when they do get a little there isn't enough to go around so they are still hungry...still living in a poor condition...bleeding internally and coming through the skin made me think of dying...because if you are bleeding internally you are dying silently...unless someone notices the outward symptoms...To me this bleeding would represent the spiritual death...a dying and starving world...with few laborors...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wondering Lee if the Lord is going to use you in the "world" to minister to these dying babies??

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Also thought of them sucking air as being symbolic of taking in what the world has to offer because they aren't getting full...??
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Yes it does bear witness. But what to do? Just pray?

It seems epidemic and a sign of the times we live in.

If they are 'thin-skinned' to boot, and unable to take correction/teaching, how does one feed them? In the dream they rummaged for themselves. The tinier babes (in the diapers)were being fed by a meer toddler girl who, herself, was starving, but generous w/what she'd found. btw my feelings at that point of the dream, was amazement (along w/the sadness)at her generosity when she could have horded all the milk for herself. She really needed it bad....but she took it back to get some into those starving babes.

Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

Lee, I would seriously pray - when I went through ministry training, my pastor said to pay attention to things that made our individual spirits stand up and say THAT IS NOT RIGHT! because it's a clue to our callings......
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

wow..that really is sad....I do know this to be the truth even in churches...I have seen it and experienced it myself...sometimes the Lord would have me to do things when I was brand new and I would think to myself, "shouldn't someone more mature be doing this, or wouldn't someone more seasoned do a better job?" but it seemed there just wasn't anyone around to feed the people what they were hungry for...and yet I was starving myself...but willing to give all I had to help them....Lee, this is soooo troubling...We really need to intercede for them...
I will add that to my list...
WFH
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

considering the symbolic meaning for this action in the dream:
searching for sustinence in a pile of debris.

_________________on another wavelength______________
Here is something else totally different that I thought of just now...a total 'flip side' and may not fit, but I'll lay it out there.

Lately I've been on a serious diet, and when my flesh cries out for goodies it should not have, I've referred to it as this 'whiny little child inside' which is really a fleshly appetite whining like a baby, to which I've said outloud to it..'too bad, so sad'.

Just thinking of the babies as appetites (?) being kept alive by a slightly longer-lived (toddler) but all fading fast.

THAT probably isn't what the dream was about, maybe I should chuck that one, but I like to at least consider all that comes to me.
Sure I'll have more on this later

Thanks
edit..ok scratch that :oops:
Last edited by ArisenShine on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Oh, wow, all of the replies touch my heart, this is so true for churches today, I see it everywhere including my church-even though we have the word, we cannot get enough because we have been lacking for so long. What you said below (Talitha) has been me personally, it actually has answered a personal prayer of mine, God is using us all to help eachother among many others. How wonderful, my heart has a new revelation and burden for the church...thanks so much! Jloveletters

No one has raised these people up - they are expecting them to feed themselves, but all they know is milk...... I think the confusion is key..... and the thin skin..... there are so many in the body of Christ who try so hard to avoid abuse (thin skin, can't be corrected/taught) that they reject authority altogether, and they aren't allowing anyone to raise them up..... ??
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

The medical term for this is "Failure to thrive" How true is that the world fails to thrive. Praying for the blood of Jesus to reach them. Bless you Lord for you Mercy & your Grace.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Lee,
I agree with all the above, except that you should trash this, if you were speaking of this dream.

I first heard "Babies feeding Babies".
The apartments are a temporary place. Also thought of a-part-ment as everyone being separated. The one baby was generous in that she/he was keeping the rest alive by searching and getting what he could. Six pack makes me think that they are being fed by the hand of man and not the Spirit of God.

Hmm, when I was concerned about not getting all the dreams interpreted you said to pray for laborers. I think we should pray the the Lord send laborers to these Spiritual babes to give them some meat. Also wondering if this is a calling dream for you??

Yeah, you have to take this dream back to the Father and ask Him what to do with it.

Bless ya,
Joy
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

I agree with all the above, except that you should trash this, if you were speaking of this dream.
sorry...I was just referring to the 'other' thought process that came to me, on a more personal level...the 'appetites' being starved. That, in some ways would make sense but doesn't fit the overall feelings and atmosphere of the dream. In the dream the BABIES were good/precious/to be valued (though were uncared for).
It was more of a tragedy.

I agree with all the replies, too.

Six pack of doll bottles, bound together with plastic...is interesting, too. I wish my mind was this creative while awake, lol...I couldn't think this stuff up.
failure to thrive
wow...I'd forgotten that term, but that's very fitting.

Also wondering if the trash/debris might represent all the junk being fed our kids, and they search for a little truth in it, just a little 'milk', but it comes up short. Then they are desperately trying to take the little truth that may be inserted in media or movies (the world does quote bits of scripture now and again) and build a life from it.

The sucking of air reminds me of the 'air waves'. WFH touched on that.

thanks alot everyone. Calling..perhaps...at this point I can only pray and be a quiet witness.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Joy2dream wrote…
Six pack makes me think that they are being fed by the hand of man and not the Spirit of God.
I was thinking along this line too. I see the babies as symbolic of the lost. They are rummaging through the debris-the destruction and chaos of a worldly lifestyle….searching, seeking something only the Lord can provide. Babes are ignorant of the ways of the world. They need to be taught…trained up in the way they should go. They are thin-skinned- unduly susceptible to criticism and insult because they have never known Love….which in turn, results in failure to thrive.

‘Bottled up’ comes to mind…
: to confine
: to put or keep in a position or situation that makes free activity, progress, or escape difficult or impossible

The reference to ‘doll’ bottle may play on words, meaning ‘i-dol’ which is anything that takes first place in our lives, the place which belongs to the Lord. I’m not seeing this as a willful choice, but out of ignorance as they are yet babes. They do not know what it is, exactly, what they are seeking. They simply have a deep yearning [for Him] which is beyond their comprehension.

The milk in the [doll] bottles represents hope which is bound [by the plastic 6-pack ring] by the prince of the power of the air whose plan is to suck dry their hope so he can feed them his garbage & mold them for his own purposes.. AND YET, these babes latched on to that last ounce of hope, feeding hungrily on it.

An interesting thing I discovered while digging…

plastic: from Gk. plastikos "able to be molded, pertaining to molding," from plastos "molded," from plassein "to mold" (see plasma)

plasma:
"form, shape" from L.L. plasma, from Gk. plasma "something molded or created," from plassein "to mold," originally "to spread thin," Sense of "liquid part of blood" is from 1845
Plasma is the liquid part of blood consisting of water and and its dissolved constituents especially proteins. Hmm…

An eye-opening message for the Body (which, btw, I think you represent here, Lee). It reveals the enemy’s attempt to quash the hope which is theirs through the precious blood of Jesus, and annul the callings of these babes. . It is a call to action...

a mandate

blessings,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17