Large snake in crowd of people at church

Archives for 2007
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Large snake in crowd of people at church

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I can't recall all of this dream (last night) for some reason but I dreamt in part that I was with a moderately well-known female pastor in my state (known in my state I mean, not like nationally known). I was talking with her and attending her church or some service she was having.... there was quite a lot of people there, far more than attend my small church (like 20 regulars).

Anyway, again, large crowd of people.... I assume all there for the church service. At some point I saw a large --- reallllly long -- snake moving in the crowd somehow. It was really long! (did i mention it was long, heheh). I saw it, watched it, then rushed over with a sickel and slashed it. I think I cut it, not sure how many pieces, and thought it was dead? This is what Im not sure of. The sickel sliced it up and I may have thought it was dead, but it really wasn't, perhaps just wounded. I saw it again, the snake or maybe a different one, and again went after it with the sickel, slicing very hard.

I again sliced through the thing, but cant remember if I killed it or not and I cant remember if people noticed what I was doing or not. Maybe I needed to be careful because the snake was like right there, in the midst of all those people and Im there slicing with a sickel! But my memory is a little sketchy on the precise details but I hope I have enough here.

I am assuming the snake represents the enemy/demonic stuff and I am going after it, obviously. In the dream, I was the only person who did this... I am not sure if noone else noticed the snake.... but it seems that way. Noone said anything to me about it, using the sickel and slicing it up, etc. I wish I could remember more but I just cannot..... rare for me.

I think the snake resurfaced again in the crowd because I didnt kill all of it or unless another long snake appeared?

I tried to share the main details of this dream: respected pastor woman, me, church meeting (I think the meeting was even outdoors now that I think about it.... I think we were outside), a really long snake and the sickel.

This one seems self-explanatory but i wanted to hear from other, more experienced and mature Christians for their interp for me. Thank you!!
talitha

Post by talitha »

MWarrior...... some thoughts......

hmm, attacking the snake with a sickle is an interesting approach.... it seems to be regenerating, like when you cut a lizard's tail off and it grows a new one. my question would be, why is it able to gather the power to regenerate? and I think the answer would be because of the number of people who are in cahoots with it, so to speak, who are partaking of it - do see what I'm saying? When you cast a demon out of a person, it does have to go, but if for instance it is a pharmekeia spirit, and the person goes right back into taking drugs or whatever, then it will just come right back, because the person is basically inviting it back. When you chopped up the snake - which to me would be a principality possibly over the region or maybe even the group of people who follow this woman's ministry - it seemed like to me that this action put the responsibility in each person present to deal with his or her own part in this principality.

Do you know what sort of spirit this snake represented? If not, I would be praying and asking the Lord what it is, but I have a feeling that if you think about it, you probably know.

I think you were given this dream for a few reasons. First, I think that in your life the Lord is pulling you apart from the crowd, so to speak, so that you can have a perspective on what is happening spiritually - this happens to people often who have a prophetic gift. We are often not swept up in whatever is happening to a group of believers gathered, but instead have a sort of detached feeling and an ability to see what is happening in the spiritual realm. If we were swept up in it all, we would not be able to bring in God's perspective. I do not think you are prepared at this point to speak up corporately - I think this is a part of your prophetic training, and your part is to watch and pray - which brings me to another reason I think you had this dream - whatever this spirit is, you need to be in prayer against it. My guess is that you yourself have at some point had some kind or level of agreement with it - I'm not standing in accusation in any way - this is just the way I've seen it work - the Lord has you act as an intercessor and in the process brings you to a greater degree of freedom in your own life - God's economy.

I pray that the Lord will bring full revelation to you.....

blessings
tal
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Great reply!

Thanks for the great response, Tal!

Yes, when I have dreams like this, I am not sure what to DO.... like, do I tell someone who knows the minister involved? Or do I tell noone and just pray? Or, what? Kind of thing> Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

I think I got the name of the what the spirit is, and yes, it is something I have fallen into at times myself. Must I pray out loud in "praying against" this or can I just pray in my mind and say, "I come against this spirit of ___ in Jesus's Name...." Do I pray every day against it? How do I know when to stop? You can see how many questions I have because I am usually not sure or plain out have no clue, what to do with things I think God shows me in dreams. I pray about it then usually forget all about it, even if I write it down.

The woman in my dream... she spoke at the church i go to, not long ago but I didnt go to hear her (not because of anything against her, I just didnt go). I know she is a very good teacher and also operates prophetically as well. One of my pastors (female) is friends with her and I thought to tell this pastor of the dream but then is that like gossip...? Like u said, I dont think Im ready to speak out corporately.... I woldnt know what to do, how to proceed, etc. Is there a book or something I can read to learn better? :)

I, too, feel I am in training.... but I feel wasted, too. I never know what to do, and have noone in life I am close to anymore to share any of this with. Extra reasons for being so glad I found this awesome, anointed message board!

I need to go but thanks again!

Peace,

MW
mc061390
Gold Member

Post by mc061390 »

Wow Talitha great insights :D
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Actually, after the dream... I dont know if it was an altogether separate dream though, or was meant as an extension or part of the "main" dream, I saw Amy Grant and Vince Gill... and heard something about their marriage, but cant remember what. Hmm. (In real life, I enjoy the music of Amy G. and have for many years....).