Friend came over....

Archives for 2007
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Friend came over....

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

((Note: I'm not sure if this is from my soul, or a dream from God....))

Several months ago I dreamt I was at home and heard someone knocking on the front door but vaguely. I was aware of it, but then got involved in other things and forgot about it. Then someone appeared at the side door (the door where people who knew me well, knew where to go to be let in; the front door of that house was not the entrance used for letting people in).

It was my former friend whom I will call Dee. We used to very close, like sisters, but our friendship broke up in 2005 shortly after the death of my brother (it is a long story and I dont think necessary to get into here, but I will say it was mostly all my fault). Dee appeared at the side door, taking me by surprise. But I let her in.
THen we were in the kitchen and she was standing there, and I kept saying, "What are you doing here? What are you doing here?" over and over. In life I have been so hurt over what happend to us and our friendship that I covered it with anger and indifference, and I think I was just shocked in the dream that she was now standing in my kitchen.

She spoke to me but I dont recall what she said, and she moved closer to me. I stood there staring at her. Then she came and hugged me, or tried to, and I resisted -- at first. I kind of froze and stiffened up, not letting her in. But then I quit resisting and hugged her back. I could feel her heart beating against me and I think she could feel mine (is that a sign of intimacy? Thats not the first time Ive had a dream with that happening). And I relaxed and just let it all be..... we stayed like that, and then I woke up.

How can I tell if this was from God, or my own subconscious desire to reconcile with this woman someday?

THe thing that made me think it was maybe God was the feeling the heart beat thing, because as I said, I have had that happen to me before in other dreams.... I could only interpret it as meaning an emotional closeness to someone, an intimacy..... and this woman was one of very very few people on the face of the earth that I let get very close to me.

Any Spirit-led insights? I am sorry if maybe I should have put this in the Dream Questions thread??

God bless all,

MW
Janice
Gold Member

I think you know the answer already.

Post by Janice »

Forgive and forget... so much easier said then done. That is, if it's being done in our flesh. When we learn to put any issues under the blood of Jesus... forgiving becomes easier. If we at least tell someone we forgive them; it's up to Jesus to make it effective from there. Every day after that, the issue becomes less and less in our heart. If we never forgive, it can become a heavy burden and eat one alive.

Maybe you will talk to her again and put all differences aside This is what Jesus would want you to do. You don't have to become friends with her again.... but at least you both could settle some unresolved issues as Christians. After all...if you can't talk to her here on earth... How will you be able to talk to her in heaven? If you can't see her again, at least tell the LORD you have forgiven her and move on. And if the enemy brings it up again, tell him it's under the blood....

When one is reading the word of God... They get a cleansing and renewing of the mind and heart. Things get flushed out of their spirit in dreams to take care of that are unresolved. I want so much to see the both of you to forgive, forget and heal. Let us know how it goes sis... Be the stronger one and contact her if you can.
:D
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Dear Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to post! This friend forgave me.... it was mainly me who "messed up" and caused the estrangement in the first place. I suffered a very massive loss, and she was not able to be available to me in the ways that I would have liked... and I was unable to accept that. I was perplexed, then confused, then hurt, and then very angry. I did not allow her to be human... and I lashed out at her (mainly thru emails but those are still words) and I know I hurt her a lot.

I also was engaging in a self-destructive behavior and she had to distance herself from me for her own protection plus I also believe she just did what she felt God leading her to do. I dont believe she had or has any unforgiveness towards me at all and just wishes me the best. I "forgave" her for being human.... among other things. I told her I was sorry in a letter I sent her back in August of 2006. We just don't talk/communicate at all.

I dont know.... maybe the bit u said about our soul resolving things or something is accurate. Or maybe it was showing me I need to "get over" that initial reaction I would have to seeing her again, the "what are u doing here, what are u doing here" freak out thing, not sure how to act towards her, etc.

Thanks again for your insights!!
Janice
Gold Member

Great Grace be with you

Post by Janice »

Try not to fear the unknown.... if God does give you a chance to talk again, perhaps it will be on better terms. Just forgive you self now and allow the LORD to put this behind you. There is too many wonderful thing waiting for you in the future for you to be still hanging on to this issue. Expect better times to come sis as you grow in His grace.
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Thanks, Janice.

This has bothered me a lot because the Lord gave this woman to me to be my "sister".... IRL I do not have any and my brother died over 2 years ago to a car accident. God gave her to me as sister while my brother was still alive though. Then he died in a very shocking manner, and then my friendship with her -- my sister -- started to fall apart, so I felt like I lost both my brother, and sister, and I was just devastated by the dual losses if u can understand what I mean. I also used to spend a lot of time with her family, which had become like the family i never had and only dreamed over ever having.

I lost her and her family on top of my brother dying.... this wasnt just a regular kind of friendship, and I have greatly missed her presence in my life..... :(

But yes, I will forgive myself for my errors.... and try to leave this behind me as much as is possible. He did give me more than one dream showing me that she and I would be close friends again.... so that is some comfort.

Thank you for replying to my posts!

God bless you,

MW