starting a church

Archives for 2010
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

starting a church

Post by WaitingforHim »

A couple that I know in real life started a church in this dream. They asked my husband and I to be part of the leadership and elders in the church. We were excited and said yes.

Then we noticed others that were on their board and knew that they were the type of people that were not really after God's heart but more toward prosperity doctrine..this troubled my husband and I...we actually thought perhaps we may have made the decision too quickly but we really didn't think the couple who started the church would go toward this type of ministry..

We are talking the guy that started the church and we are asking him if we can wear whatever we want to this church and he says sure..but we can tell by the look on his face that something was wrong..so we asked if he was sure...and he said, well, you can wear what you want but it still has to be a little nicer...we knew that he meant formal...and we also knew that it was because they were going toward the form and fashion in the church now...we knew this wasn't going to work for us..we do like to dress up in real life when we go to church but there are times when we are a little casual too..so this is not about real life situations.

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Waiting...what an insightful dream...seems to me to speak of your discerning heart longing for a place of true service and worship where your integrity will not be compromised and the verses which come to mind are from 2 Timothy 3:

Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

grace to you...you are a breath of fresh air!
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3