Pastor & Elder's Girlfriends

Archives for 2007
lizaanne
Bronze Member

Pastor & Elder's Girlfriends

Post by lizaanne »

Below is a dream an intercessor in our church sent to me for interpretation. She is a very mature, sound, faithful sister in the Lord. I knew the dream was from the Lord but I was afraid to interpret it because of the 'politics' going on in our church.

I dreamed I was in some kind of hospital, in a maternity ward, and there were four women who were giving birth to babies. But none of them seemed very happy about it. For one thing they were all single moms and they all seemed to be resigned to the fact that they were having these babies. Its just the way it was and there was nothing they could do about it. There was one mom in particular that I noticed, she had given birth to twins. One was white, the other darker in color. It was then that some one told me,"Oh, that one is Russ's girl friend, but no one knows for sure if those are his kids or not". Needless to say I was shocked and troubled. (Russ is a church elder) Then I went out into the hallway and I saw our Pastor walking down the hallway with his arm around some lady, not his wife. And again some one said, "Oh, and that's the Pastor's girlfriend. They found some scripture or doctrine that said it was okay for them to do that". To say the least I was very troubled about it but at the same time I felt resigned to it. I didn't feel like there was anything I could do about it. It's just the way it was. Then I woke up. I felt really bothered by it and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I couldn't ever see either our Pastor or Elder ever doing such a thing in the natural.

Thank you.
Lizaanne
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Hermz,

I'm going way out on a limb here..but I think I'm good at that, so I'll go for it. Is it possible that the pastor and elders are pushing the women in the church, or a select few, to birth some dreams of theirs? The women weren't very happy about the labor they were in. But they were resigned to the task of doing so.

Could it have something to do with idolotry? In anycase, it seems like your friend is picking up on some major spiritual problem, that is being justified through the word.
lizaanne
Bronze Member

Post by lizaanne »

Thank you for your input. Your idea of 'birthing dreams' makes a lot of sense but I cannot think of any women actually "doing anything". Something is definitely wrong though. Thanks again.
Lizaanne
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

The word resigned seems to stand out. Is there a lot of going through the motions going on? Making programs for the sake of programs.
talitha

Post by talitha »

What I'm picking up on here seems to me to be a lack of fathering in this church body. There is a responsiblity that fathers have toward children, and that leaders and elders have in the church, to speak blessing and destiny and to raise up and release people - that is lacking in many church bodies. I wasn't really able to put my finger on what was lacking until I joined the church I'm at now, where there IS fathering going on - and strength and dignity and vision are imparted to people so that when the Lord sends them forth, they are not feeling put-upon but rather empowered!

blessings
tal
lizaanne
Bronze Member

Post by lizaanne »

Thank you, everyone, for your input. It has helped. I can really agree with the lack of spiritual fathers.... Unfortunately in the case of our church, what was being birthed was illegitimate. I think many of us saw it but felt 'resigned' to the fact we could do nothing about it. We need to really pray that the Lord will have His way. Thanks again. I must say again how thankful I am to have found this group of spirit-filled believers! It is wonderful how God can 'connect' people. :D
Lizaanne