Hope Dies

Archives for 2007
LeeLee
Bronze Member

Hope Dies

Post by LeeLee »

This dream was like a movie showing me what my husband and I would do each day..

We were coming home together and were very happy with each other. But each night he would check the mail box, but it was higher than him to see/reach into it. Our house was attached to others and had black gates around it. In order for him to see into the mail box, I would l have to lift him up by his feet (sort of like holding someone in a wheelbarrel race) He would check the mail box, announce who the mail was from and then throw the mail back to me and then we would go our merry way (not going into the house). I was happy doing this everyday and then this last time, as I was holding him up, I felt he was too heavy.. and that he should hold me up. The house was now decorated in Christmas lights. He yelled out two names that the mail came from, one was a Doctor and the other I am not sure but they were both Christmas cards. As I put him down, a male neighbor dressed in a Army suit ... olive with red trim leans over the fence... he is commenting on our Christmas lights and very friendly. I began to say next year how I was going to decorate the house... Then I/we (not sure) made a joke about his Army pen.. something about replacing it with an ornament.. he laughed too but you could tell he did not think it was funny. Then our front door opened and it was my mother in law and her twin sister. They had their coats on and my mom in law says "We were just leaving stuff for you." My aunt in law says "I put a ruby dot on my boxes" and she shows me a box of labels shaped as hearts...she meant that on the gifts that she was giving us her labels had a ruby dot .. then I said "why don't you just put your name in the heart". My mom in law interrupts and says "You had a message..you know that girl you were praying for ...Hope? She died." I said "What?" My aunt said "You prayed so hard for her.. ." I looked at my husband who was still outside and smiliing and said " Hope died...that cancer ate her up so fast"
Then I woke up.
"He will give me a crown of beauty instead of ashes" Isaiah 61:3
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

When I read your title I thought, "Hope Floats."

Hope, is that a real person? Otherwise I would think it is something you are hoping for. Letters remind me of waiting for something special. What's that deep down desire? Are you going to let it die, get eaten up? Or do you need to take steps to make it happen?
LeeLee
Bronze Member

Post by LeeLee »

I do not know anyone named Hope... but in my heart I have given up hoping on a situation. ... I had been waiting...expecting something to happen...something I had hoped for.... but it has not come to pass yet. The burden of lifting my husband is real... I have lifted him up in prayer and I feel it is time for him to lift me. The Army person and my inlaws I do not understand at all..To answer your question,I have let hope die in an area and have no desire to do anything to make it happen.
"He will give me a crown of beauty instead of ashes" Isaiah 61:3
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hmmm. I was just thinking of cancer as bitterness that ate Hope up. Bitterness is so very deadly. There is a way to allow hopes to rest in God's trustworthy hands and there is a way to let hope be eaten up with bitterness.

Just some thoughts and may the Lord heal your heart of any lost hopes through His amazing and faithful love.

kimibrew
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Oooh. I just had another thought. The opposite (I'm sort of making this up here) of loss of hope is LOVE. It's easy to lose hope when you lose the focus of love. Love releases peace in pain, joy in struggle, hope to overcome. Maybe where hope has died, love has also died. Love always hopes. Maybe the Lord wants you to focus on LOVE because this is His means of delivering promises...through His love.

Blessings in Jesus,

kimibrew