Apartment, coins, salad bar?

Archives for 2007
Margi1212

Apartment, coins, salad bar?

Post by Margi1212 »

I feel the dream is significant in light of the events going on at work and in life, but could use some help interpreting it.

I dreamt I was in a car, driving to my sister’s apartment for Christmas. I the back seat, we had some boxes of things that we were taking to Good Will. When we were almost there, I knew that Karin (someone from my church) lived close by, so I called her to come and see if she wanted a pair of shoes I had in the box. We pulled over and waited for her. She and Angelo (her husband) came, looked at the shoes and said no thank you, and walked back home. We went on to my sister’s apartment, and when we walked in, I marveled that her apartment was the exact layout as mine, only flipped. (of note, neither of us actually live in an apartment) Everything that was on the right in mine was on the left in hers. I went upstairs and found the same thing. I asked her if I could go to her neighbors and check out their apartments also. She said do whatever you want.

So I went next door, but nobody was there. I was looking on the side of the building that would allow the apartment to be in the same configuration as mine, with things not flipped. So I went to the next building over and there was a family getting ready to leave. I asked if I could just quickly take a look at their apartment. I was just curious. As I shook their hands in introduction, the older, grandfatherly gentleman put a quarter in my hand as he shook it. I laughed and said thank you. As I stepped into their apartment, I saw immediately it was nothing at all like mine. I was MUCH larger, more like a mansion inside. I totally loved the architecture and the layout. The kitchen was sunken and large with many windows and there was a step up to the dining room area which separated it from the kitchen with a full salad bar. I thought how odd for this family of 5-6 to have a full salad bar out all the time. As I was entering the apartment to look around, someone put a whole handful of change in my hand. It was so much I could hardly hold it all. As I was walking around looking at things, I was putting the coins in my hand in order, lining them up by size with quarters first, then nickels, then pennies and then dimes. My intention was to put them in order and give them back to the person who had given them to me. I was by the dining room table when I was almost finished putting the coins in order, but I lost my grip and some of them spilled all over. I wanted to try to hurry, because I knew these people were trying to leave, and I didn’t want to hold them up. But as I was picking up the coins that spilled, I realized that some had mixed with the coins they had on the dining room table. I was careful to pick out the ones I had dropped and quickly got them in order and handed them back to the person who gave them to me. I knew I did not need to see the upstairs because the apartment was obviously different and I was holding these people up who were patiently waiting to leave. They were very gracious though. I thanked them and I left. Then I woke up…

What stands out to me is Karin and the shoes, especially when she and Angelo were walking away from the car and I felt sad that they could not use the shoes; the coins, putting them in order, the magnitude of the apartment and the salad bar.

Any insights are appreciated.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Margie, I was thinking that the apartments reflected something about you spiritually inside. You and your sister, although different, may be at a similar spiritual growth point (I can't think of a good term for that. )The older couple may be more spiritually mature. I was wondering if they might be a mentor for you or your sister. Giving you money might be blessings or encouraging advice. Maybe they patiently guide you even though there are other things they could be doing. However they may feel you are more important to them.

Or maybe it's not you at all but someone else. The salad bar. I thought may be feasting on God's word ever present. The shoes I wondered if they were what you had to offer and was rejected.

These are just thoughts. I'm not particularly gifted at this. But this will at least keep you on top of the list for a little while longer.
Margi1212

Post by Margi1212 »

Thank you for your reply. It gave me some new things to chew on and filled in some blanks. I appreciate you.