treadmills going backwards

Archives for 2010
lilmischris

treadmills going backwards

Post by lilmischris »

This was a dream I had that keeps bothering me and I just cant figure it out. I wrote it to my pastor. Here it is:

I was at my gym (Miramont) and I was getting ready to work out...I looked around to see where I should begin. I jumped on the treadmill and noticed the only way I could get it to move was backwards. I thought maybe the treadmill was broken so I got off to get on another one. On my way to another one I saw Cathy Roth. I had the impression in the dream that she was in charge. She was walking around with a paper in her hand as if keeping track of ppl's workouts. Then I saw you. I knew in the dream you were coming to see if this is a gym you wanted to join. Kathy began to show you around the gym. Meanwhile I am still trying to find a treadmill that will move forward but I cant...in my frustration of just wanting to get a workout in I decide that since I cant get it to move forward I will just turn around and walk backwards on the treadmill. I worked only for a moment until I began to get dizzy and fall over. I was so so mad...I noticed you and Cathy walking in the gym and she was pointing things out that would be helpful to you for your workout. I became very angry and thought to myself "why isnt anyone helping me, I just want to move forward."
So I think ok fine...I will just jump on the elliptical...not my first choice but I can make it work. I then see Brianne Lovette(Swigard) and so I become very happy bc I see a familiar face. So I go up to talk to her. I ask if she wants to get on a treadmill next to me and run. In my head I knew I was secretly testing things out to see if she was going to get a defective treadmill too. So we looked around and she got on a treadmill....the only one left!!!! I was now getting so discouraged to the point of holding back tears. But I thought to myself " dont cry just find one and keep looking till you get one."
In my search I happened to look up and see you and Cathy discussing the membership... I overheard you say, "well let me go in the other room and see if this is the one I should join" She simply said ok and moved on. In the dream what you had said had made me very angry......I thought to myself " who are you to think you are so special, that you have to be so choosy about the gym you pick." I then became extremely angry because the only treadmills that were left were two very very old ones. Like granny treadmills from the 80's. I felt I had no choice but to get on one and workout....of course it didnt work. I felt that at this point I had to at least pretend...so I grabbed the bars on both sides of the treadmill and lifted myself up and began to dangle my feet as if pretending to run. That didnt last very long. I then looked up and saw Kathy handing you and paper and keys as if you had decided to join and she said to you "are you ready" Then Michelle and gracie come out of a room and joined you. You were all in your workout clothes. I was thrilled and called Bri over to let her know that you and the family had decided to join. we were all standing there talking and Michelle said "ok this is how it is going to go...christine will watch Gracie for the first half and and someone else the second half. I became very mad and said "oh no I wont...I have to workout too! I pulled out my wallet and took out three dollars and gave it to Michelle. ( I assume it was the cost of child care) You gave me a big smile...kinda like a "thank you for the lucky charms smile"
I then said to Michelle "lets go to the group power class, it really works your muscles. You will love it!" She was happy to do so and we went on out way and entered through the door of group power...the end.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Well, not making any progress comes to mind. Doing in ur own strength and not making progress (going backwards even)....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
lilmischris

thank you

Post by lilmischris »

thank you so much for taking time to read and understand. I completely agree with you however this dream still leaves me confused. I feel like there are two messages I am suppose to understand I am not. So hopefully through time an prayer I will gain understanding!
Have a great day!
Christine
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Well, I feel like I'm going backwards. I've been trying to find a prophecy of God. I'm going on line and listening to what I believe are false prophets. I'm frustrated because I really want to hear from God but I think I'm doing it backwards. I'm hearing him tell me right now to read His word and Pray. LOL. Sorry, I'm pouring out my frustration. But when I read your dream I feel like you are going through something similar.
lilmischris

I understand!

Post by lilmischris »

No I completely understand what you are talking about and it is important to vent to the the body of Christ if there is opportunity (even if you dont know them)
I am not sure why that is "going around" but it is and obviously God is trying to get a point across.
I do believe that there are false prophets out there but also I think that there are also ppl who are just speaking out of flesh not spirit. So its important to take everything you hear and take it to the throne room. checks and balances you know? Paul gave some prophecies that were wrong too. I would say for now just rest in Him and keep seeking and keep knocking...I know I will ha ha :)
Christine