How do I go forth?

Archives for 2010
Petrarch
Bronze Member

How do I go forth?

Post by Petrarch »

I know this girl named Emily from the Christian ministry on my univesity campus, called UCM. I make no secret of my attraction to her, but have not approached her regarding dating. For although I've known her a couple of years, I've never known her relationship status.

I know I'd feel foolish asking her for a date if she weren't single, but I know that, and this is probably irrational, but I'd feel just as bad about asking about her status outright unless I wee in a conversation where that might be a resonable question out of pure curiousity. I also have to consider that I don't sense that Emily has interest in dating me.

So last night, I had a dream where I was at a Sunday night UCM service. I was talking to a guy named Johnathan whom both Emily and I know. He said, and I quote "Emily is very fond of you." It's obvious what that meant. I woke up.

Now I take the dream as reasonably self-explanatory, but what I want to know if there is any reasonable way to parlay my dream into at least finding out her status. I've been tempted just to leave a note on her Facebook making a joke or something about it, or otherwise telling her outright about my attraction mentioning this dream.

How do I do this?
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

Why not send her a small gift. Maybe something with a scripture verse. Just something saying you were thinking of her. Pray for her. Ask someone for advice that knows both of you. Find out her favourite coffee or tea and bring her some. Think of something you can do that might have her come just to thank you.

Just throwing out a few ideas. But please be aware that she might not be the one and if she avoids you like the plague then lighten up.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Showing my age I guess... in my day you sent a Thinking of You card and filled it with a note and scriptures. I guess todays equivalent is a fb message? hahaha dunno on that one. Just arrange it to bump into her and see where it goes from there, youll never know her status unless you ask her. How does the saying go... Nothing ventured nothing gained.

PS: moved this topic from dreams/visions to questions.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Or ask the Lord if this be His Perfect Will that He bring about the opportunity for you both to chat? Just a thought....
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.