The inherited house

Archives for 2010
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

The inherited house

Post by ArisenShine »

Last night I had this dream..........

A man had inherited a house. I was being taken, by someone (I didn't see, or know if it was male or female) on a tour of this house.
I noted that the house was in seemingly bad need of repair. There were sections of it that had bad water damage (+ lots of dry-rot), but were covered w/paint, but you could see they were ready to possibly collapse. Other sections, however, were solid and ok. but so many parts needed repair that I wondered if it just shouldn't be totally demolished...that maybe it wasn't worth restoring.

Then my tour guide showed me where the heir sat...he was seated in the basement part which was totally solid. He was sitting, like at rest in a comfy, tho not terribly luxurious padded/stuffed easy chair...just resting. The heir (obvious to me) had already made his decision to hire workers to restore the broken/ruined parts of the house (his inheritance). Now, after that decision was made(and workers were working here and there)...the guy was at rest. (though I knew he helped w/the work at times)

My tour guide then said to me (verbatim,exactly these words)....
"Any fool would do what he's doing." (I knew that to mean that he'd decided to RESTORE rather than DEMOLISH the place, and that one would be worse than a fool to decide to demolish)

THEN HE SAID (exactly these words)...
"YOU'VE GOT TO LEARN TO JUMP BEFORE YOU CAN FLY."

(I understood that to be speaking of 'taking a leap of faith')

God bless you all...hope this gives someone courage as it has me...I absolutely believe this is a dream from my LORD.
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Is there something or someone that you had thoughts of just ending "starting over"--

a house, a person, a relationship, an endeavor?

You originally thought to demolish- just start again---
Tear completely down and start over-

But apparently the Lord is saying-
It needs a lot of work, but is not past the point of restoration, i.e. "bringing back"
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

imavessel wrote:Is there something or someone that you had thoughts of just ending "starting over"--

a house, a person, a relationship, an endeavor?

You originally thought to demolish- just start again---
Tear completely down and start over-

But apparently the Lord is saying-
It needs a lot of work, but is not past the point of restoration, i.e. "bringing back"
Well....yes. all the above and more. But not just to 'start again', but to end....completely...burn all bridges...been right on the verge a few times (though I always wait/pause to see what God is saying/leading), but the LORD seems always to turn things around and turn them into something really hopeful and EVEN joyful...often at the last minute!...go figure!..........

ISN'T HE AWESOME???!!!

thank you imavessel
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....