Ex- husband

Archives for 2010
forhim
Silver Member

Ex- husband

Post by forhim »

My ex husband suffered from cancer and recently died IRL

About two weeks before his death I had a dream about him. In it he was kind, gentle and he said "The enemy really stole a lot from us, didn't he?

IRL he was mean, cruel during our last years of marriage. About 10 years about our marriage ended, he quit drinking, accepted Christ. I had hoped that he would apologize for his actions during our marriage but he never did. We did however get along ok. During his illness I was grateful that God had healed my heart enough that I was able to visit and treat him as a fellow child of God.
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

forHim:

This is a powerful dream. I believe you were visited by God . This verse came to mind:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph 6:12

My dad was cruel and mean and hurt me emotionally growing up and into my adulthood. When he was in his seventies we sat down and had a profound talk. We told each other that we had loved each other even through all the pain and hurt. The last five years of his life my dad loved God with all his heart.

I would fast and pray for my dad and once had a vision of him in hell. I literally smelled the sulfur for days. There was something within me that could not give up on him and I continued to intercede for him. Then a few years before he passed I had a dream of visiting him in heaven---it was a party atmosphere---the Lord said it was 'Father's Day!" My spirit could rest easy knowing he was going to heaven.

While putting in the new calendar at school (I was a Christian school administrator) in 2007 I arrived on the date of my father's next BD and the Lord spoke to me and said he would not make it to his next BD--his 88th. That's exactly what happened. He died three months shy of it.

My dad had a wooden casket and all the family wrote on it. I wrote, "You always loved me and I always loved you." Our final words were very much the same when we spoke on the phone for the last time two weeks before he passed.

You weren't able to hear the healing words from your husband but, I believe, those healing words came in your dream. The enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy but he wasn't able to take your ex-husband with him.

Your husband didn't treat you right so the Lord became your husband. Bless you as you move forward in receiving your healing for emotions.

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

mj, thank you for your response. I agree that this was a message from God. I also believe that in my ex husband's spirit, he knew all that was stolen from us. I believe that pride kept him from admitting he was wrong and from returning home. By then he just kept making wrong choices. He did make some effort to make amends to my children but never admitted his wrongs.

One of my ex's former drinking partners came to me at the funeral and told me first of all that he apologized for enabling my husband plus hurting me. He also told me that my ex got very honest before he died and told him that none of that was my fault. He said he hopes that gives me comfort.

I believe that both the dream and the friends words were gifts from God to give me peace, to help me let go, to heal completely.
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

forHim:

I am glad you are processing your pain and hurt. At least you are being sent olive leaves by the Lord to help you heal and encourage you.

It is interesting that very often Christians, whether mature in their faith or not, find it too hard to actually go to the person they have hurt and humble themselves and ask for forgiveness. Sharing their stories with others is easier for them to do....but, still not the Biblical way. Maybe correction, discipline, and leadership in the home is not taught enough in churches or in Bible study groups. I know I've not been exposed to healthy discipline teachings in all the churches I've attended in my almost forty years of attendance while being a committed believer. Had your husband been corrected by courageous men of God your story would have been so much different; and, would have helped other people to mature in their faith, including your husband's friends.

Alas, we journey on...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ