My 1st Love (Ex-Fiance)

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

My 1st Love (Ex-Fiance)

Post by servant »

God has helped me understand something today. Off and on I have had dreams with my ex-fiance in them (22 yrs ago). He was my first real love. I used to worry when he would show up in my dreams because I thought that it showed that I still had feelings for him and was not being true to my husband (whom I love).

The first dream that I remember along this line was one where he was trying to get me to marry him and I turned him down because I found that I didn't love him, I loved my husband. That really helped me to know that my heart is really with my husband and not still partially with someone else.

But, last night I had a dream with my ex in it again and we went on a long walk by a quiet still lake, among other happenings. It was a long dream with a bunch of stuff I need to examine, but the thing I wanted to share with everyone is that I found that my ex-fiance represents Jesus. I believe this is because he was my first true love and occupied a very special place in my heart. I came to understand that this is the place Jesus wants to occupy in my heart and he does! This is why sometimes he shows up in my dreams as my ex-fiance and other times as my husband.

I hope this info blesses someone.
Mary
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Oh I know those dreams about an ex...yea they can make you feel as if you aren't over them which in many cases, it might be that you aren't. But I'm glad God was able to give you wisdom to understand why you were having them.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

I'm happy that you understand why your ex-boyfriend (fiancé) appears in your dreams periodically as JESUS. You'll know better than anyone else.

However, maybe for someone else, the ex-boyfriend maybe appearing in their dreams, because of a soul-tie. It could be the he is showing up because the soul-tie hasn't been broken. This came to me, but I'm not saying this is your case. F.Y.I.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

I agree enlightened
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

eyes.enlightened & A Warrior's Heart, thank you for the alternative interp. I have read what you describe on this site before, and I am not contradicting that. In fact I almost mentioned it in my post, but I didn't want to make it too long.

The fact that the only representation I could find for an ex to be in your dreams is what you are describing, I felt led to give an alternative. Not everyone's situation is going to fit with what you describe. Some will, some won't. I just thought there needed to be an alternative for people to be able to consider.

I cut all soul-ties long ago, but he still shows up periodically.

And after doing such, I am not so sure there is such a thing as "soul-ties", as far as I have found, there is no mention of this phenomenon in the Word. I do believe that if a person is involved in something in the realm of "sexual immorality" that they could allow a "place" for the devil to come in and oppress them (Eph 4.27).

Hopefully this post will give options for other people to consider what an "ex" could represent in their dreams and if God is actually trying to communicate something to them or not.

Thank you and God bless!
Mary
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Dear Servant,

Can't speak for eyes but soul ties are bonds that you form with another and these bonds are not solely formed through sexual immorality though that is an area where a soul tie could be formed. You can form bonds with friends, family members and the like. The soul tie is biblical (I Sam 18:1-3) speaks about this. And the verse about being unequally yoked could also be referred to in this case as well. I think eyes.enlightened was just saying that constant dreams about a person's ex might stem from a soul tie or close bond that was formed with that person. When it comes to dreams, the person is essentially the only person who can really understand why they are having the dreams and you have stated your explanation that was revealed to you. I mean I think it's pretty normal for a person to have dreams about people they may have been really close to at some point, so there's no harm in that.

God Bless
eyes.enlightened
Platinum Member

Post by eyes.enlightened »

Ditto! That is exactly what I was saying. I'd stated the soul tie for the purpose of saying in some cases people aren't aware of the bonding that takes place with another person and sometimes you are knitted (tied) together. Just as "A Warrior's Heart" stated from I Sam. 18:1.

I agree with "Servant", they are the only one to determine the meaning of their dream with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.

I only added "soul tie" as a F.Y.I. (For Your Information)

Peace and LOVE...