Michael's baby had no mouth?...

Archives for 2010
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Michael's baby had no mouth?...

Post by labourer4Him »

Hi there,
I had this dream that I was in a building/meeting place somewhere, two people were with me. I think some of us had babies, but don't remember that part clearly. Then I saw an older man pushing a pram with a baby in it, but the baby was not his, but Michael’s (a colleague I worked with over five years ago). I noticed the baby had no mouth. Someone commented on how cute the baby was, and someone else that without mouth and nose it wouldn’t be able to communicate. I was thinking about that in the dream as I wondered if he wouldn’t still be able to use sign language even without a mouth. Somehow the three of us went into a shop whilst discussing this. We (or I) were on our way to go see Michael about this baby.
I then walked into my old work place (where this guy probably still works) and saw a whole bunch of people around a table having a meeting. I knew they were all my old colleagues but they didn’t look like them. No-one said anything, they appeared not to recognize me, and I walked past thinking they were busy with the meeting and I’d talk to them a bit later.
A little while later on my way back (from somewhere in the building) the colleagues were still there and we talked. They appeared happy to see me and asked how I’m going in my new country (i'm a migrant). I told them I’d been over to visit a little while ago and that I’d seen one of them (true irl). I then said that in the country I live in now all things spoken are in the English language and that I’m used to that now, and that I’m finding it hard to still speak in my home language (right then/there in the old work place). I say something like ‘I can’t say things in a straight forward way here anymore as I don’t seem to be able to recall all the words of my old language and I feel that whatever I’m trying to say here is talking around the topic because I'm trying to find the right words’, but that I don’t have that problem in the English language. They were surprised.
It felt the dream wasn’t finished yet but I got woken up
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Labourer...I see the end of your dream as the explanation to the beginning.

You state to your old colleagues that you are beginning to struggle to express yourself in your 'home' language having adopted English in your new job and home, you are now communicating better in English.

Michael is an old colleague if I understand you correctly (:lol:), from your home country...I don't know what he represents to you (be good to think that one through perhaps) but his name means : Who resembles God? or Who is like God? which is a reassertion of the amazing sovereignty of God and yet...as we know from scripture God has stated that he has made us in his image..so we are like Him...

But back to michael...he could represent your 'old man' (the fact that he was an old man in the dream) literally as in your biological father...your ancestry/language etc. and that which he has birthed (the baby-could represent you/how you are feeling) seems to have become mute or unable to communicate amongst his/her kin/people...I think this speaks of how you perhaps feel, that you are losing in some way your ability to relate on a deeper level with your own friends/family.

In fact this is a very real and common experience of being a migrant (I too am a type of migrant)-you can fall between worlds in that when you move from your people you do lose the closeness you once had and you do change and take on new languages/ways of life etc which tie you to your new home...but in a sense you can always feel the strangeness of being different in your new home also...its a type of displacement.

The experience of being voiceless and in a sense mutated is a very deep and powerful one which your dream is bringing to the fore. To what extent it is literal and to what extent it has more metaphorical meaning also you need to discern.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Post by labourer4Him »

thanks Charlie for your reply.
A couple of things stood out. The colleague Michael I never had much to do with, so no personal meaning there for me. Like you, I also looked up the meaning of his name and felt that was relevant: one who resembles God. The old man in the dream was not the same man as Michael, but he was pushing Michael's mouthless baby. I like the explanation of him being my old man though. Like my old man is pushing something.. Not sure if I'm the mouthless baby or if that baby resembles something I'm expecting..

I'm suddenly remembering a dream I had a couple of months ago about someone having a premature baby.. (if a baby is born too early/that what I'm carrying in the spirit, it might not be fully grown/or mutated in a way.. if it's pushed by parts of me that are not fully transformed by Him yet (the old man pushing the pram)..
If this dream is related to that one, it could be about timing.. which I can very much relate to.
I need to pray further into this..
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Labourer,

It seems as if something as misfortunate as prematurity occurs, bringing about loss of avenue for a voice to be heard, or a way to receive food, the other senses would be heightened...

(Praise Him for His Grace, He reveals His Perfect Glory through imperfection)

In His Spirit anything is possible.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
labourer4Him
Gold Member

Post by labourer4Him »

(Praise Him for His Grace, He reveals His Perfect Glory through imperfection)
In His Spirit anything is possible.
Thanks Piano! that's so true..