Another dream of running a race

Archives for 2008
From Glory to Glory
Bronze Member

Another dream of running a race

Post by From Glory to Glory »

Hello,

Recently I started a thread about a dream I had regarding a race I was running in. A few days ago, I had another running dream...here it is:

I dreamt that I was running in another race…on an indoor track. We had to jump rope as we were running. I was making good time and ran easily. I lost track of my laps, however, and the people working at the race did not keep good record of them, either, but I was not too concerned about it. I just estimated. At some point, the man in charge of the race took away my jump rope (it had become a bag and I was using the straps as a jump rope) and he made me use a bag with very short straps and I was not able to use them as a jump rope and I was not running very well. I went and talked with him in his office and he told me I was disqualified because I did not have a sports logo on my bag. I got very upset and swore at him terribly and said that nowhere in the rules did it say that our bags had to have sports logos on them. I left his office in disgust. Then I went back in and talked with his secretary. She mentioned to me that her boss admired Senator Charles Grassley, and I thought “Aha! Now I know what to do”, so I stormed into his office to explain to him how I personally know Chuck Grassley and how he spoke at my father’s funeral and his daughter used to babysit me (all of which is true). When I got inside his office, Chuck Grassley was inside. I was surprised and I went up and gave him a big hug (the last time I saw him, I reminded him of who I was and he gave me a big hug). The race official was surprised that I knew him and agreed to reinstate me. I had him eating out of my hand at that point. So, eventually, I entered the race, but I was way behind and not really all that concerned about it, or about my speed. Dream ended before the race was over.

I am curious as to why I may be having these running dreams that are recurrent. Any thoughts?

Thanks! I will try to post more and be a more frequent help to you guys and your dreams. That's one of my New Year's resolutions!

Pam