Lost a Bible in Church

Archives for 2010
bjcollin
Site Owner

Lost a Bible in Church

Post by bjcollin »

In this dream it starts out and I know that it is the 1960's and I am at a typical 1960's style white clapboard construction church. The church is rather large and would hold a congregation of several hundred people. The church has a congregation of mainly black people and the only white people I see in the dream are my dad, my mom, me, my son, and two other unknown men and one unknown woman. In the dream I am sitting right in the middle on the asile of the sanctuary and Bishop TD Jakes is standing in the pulpit area preaching and he calls up my dad and mom to the front to testify and to give some presentation. My dad and mom go up there and they in turn call me to the front too, but there is some confusion going on with my dad. It seems that he has forgotten his Bible for the presentation and he and I and Noah go to the back of the church to help him find it.

We are looking everywhere for this one particular Bible and we can't find it. My dad asks me what I would do, so I tell him that I would just go to the church's lost and found closet and borrow a Bible from there just to get through the presentation then I would put it back afterwards as time seemed to be more of the essence than the importance of having this one particular Bible. My dad did not seem to like that answer and he was set that he wanted only his one particular Bible for the presentation.

We took too long looking for the Bible, so Bishop TD Jakes skipped the presentation leaving it for later and he proceeded to go on with his sermon first. We were still looking for the Bible and we went toward this one area at the back of the church that I knew was the pastor's private office/study area. My dad in his own stubborn way proceeded to open up the door and go into the private area to search. I stopped him and told him that we did not need to go into that area and that it was a private area reserved only for the pastor of the church and that his Bible would not be in there. He listened to me and closed the door and went about his business searching for the Bible elsewhere in the church.

At this point Noah who was with me starts tugging on me and telling me something about the misplaced Bible or about the church I am not sure which. Then the scene shifts and we are outside the church on a sidewalk and I see this one unknown woman and two unknown men talking with each other. I had remembered seeing them in the congregation before at the first part of the dream and I had thought that they were part of the congregation. They were instead plotting and talking about how they could bring down the pastor of the church possibly through my dad or through me and the statements they were using were very racist in nature. They were also talking about using the laws legally to do this.

At this point within the dream I was shown a quick vision of a page of paper of the law with legal verbage on it and a few words were extremely bolded which highlighted them to me. (sorry do not remember the actual words that were highlighted). Then the vision disappeared and I was back in the dream. I knew that they were planning on betraying that pastor and attacking him anyway they could. *end of dream*

This morning when I woke up from the dream I felt confused and betrayed and I was trying to put some of the pieces of the dream together... First off this does not seem to be a historical dream as I was not born until 1968, my son was not born until 1999, and TD Jakes was born in 1957 so he would have been a kid in the 1960s and he did not even start to preach until 1979-1980. Second, my dad is 79 years old and he is one of the least racist people I know. My parents raised me in an air force base church environment which is very mixed race and even today he has daily interaction with people of different races. To me the unknown woman seems to represent a spirit of racism that is attacking and the two unknown men were her muscle or her helpers. Any other thoughts or intrepretations?

in Christ,
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi BJ,
I was in school in the sixties. I recall a lot of disgruntled older people, unhappy with the young people who wanted change. Two of the major issues were race and the use of translations in more contemporary English. (another was dress code -but I'll leave that for another day) I can even recall a Bible burning event sponsored by a man in our church who was not pleased that someone who helped teach Sunday School (me actually) allowed his kid to read something other than the "authorized" version.

In your dream, someone from that generation cannot participate without one particular Bible. Is this about the old version controversy? The insistance on using only this Bible threatens the privacy of the pastor's office meaning an overstepping of boundaries or perhaps personal attack on the man himself. (This is not all that rare. Not long ago a large contingent of people walked out of the church my son pastored because he didn't ban all versions but the KJV. For this we would divide?)

Like in the sixities, it is the representative of the younger generation, Noah, who notices what is happening outside the church building. There are people who were in the building, but whom you discern as being "unknown", who are plotting to bring down the leader. (What does T.D. Jakes represent to you?) You are permitted to hear their plans and to understand they are racist in nature and also legalistic. They plan to manipulate the law to achieve their ends. (church gov't or secular gov't.?)

I wonder if this is a dream warning about going back to the atmosphere of the sixties. The church may be so distracted by doing things in a certain way that they don't notice that racism is till a serious issue and there are people who appear to be in the church, but are not, who are very dangerous.

---for your discernment---
...that I might know Him...