Waking in someone elses home

Archives for 2010
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Waking in someone elses home

Post by Counted4Him »

Blessings to All,

This dream a friend of mines shared with me and I told her I would post it, she has no computer.
Dream:
She wakes up in a bed in a home that she says she knows she should not be there. She then walks and thought she saw a mouse, but it turned out to be a rat. This rat then bit her in the left hand very hard that its tooth pierced the center of her palm ( she said you know like how Christ hand appeared). The tooth went straight through and was seen on the otherside with some small blood. She then realize this house was full of rats, a person told her you have to get out, this place has to be renovated. She then tells her (x husband who died years ago) "William (Willy) there are rats in the house", he tells her "I don't believe there are rats in the house, then one tries to bite him and she hits it with a stick. Continues to hit rats but they would not die. She finds herself sneaking out the house and manages to escape and running in the night not knowing where but glad to get out of the home and is awaken by a phone call. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Happy Holidays to All!
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Counted4Him,

How is your friend doing?

I have been pondering this name William, from this and other dream posts.

It derives from germanic wilhelm,
"will, desire" and "helm, protection"

Its almost oppositional in itself.
God gives us free will, we have fleshy sinful nature that spurns desires from our own will that doesn't seek God.
We are lost without His guidance, His Spirit, His protection and the faith in His sacrifice unto our Salvation.
Reliance on Him saves us from ourselves.

I think the dream can represent anyones walk.
Dreaming about rats for me can mean spiritual decay/darkness.
"i smell a rat" also comes to mind.

For discernment, discard what is not helpful.

Your friend knows what if any connection there is in their own life, or situations to this dream.
Its good to have a warning if going away from Gods will, that can save from un needed pain.

So your friend in this dream goes somewhere in life that they know isn't Gods will for them.
They fall asleep (spiritually) for a time.
When they wake up they see a small mouse, but then realize it is a rat...and whew there is a difference.
Either way they are both rodents, scavengers and can be plagued with disease.
Find filth, find rats.

The consequences of the choice in this dream your friend made are painful, but Gods will is to crucify the flesh that lead to the choice to begin with. He continues to purify His body.
That is how God works in my life when I just have to go where I want to go, no matter if the signs show danger.
He is merciful, and its easy to forget that when going through the hard parts of reaping consequences.

So the part talking to William just made me think of how easy it is to minimize things even when they are totally obvious.
Many sins sneak up and grow slowly until they are quite ugly.
The sinful nature of the flesh does not want to die off, it wants to rule the vessel, it wants to make the decisions in place of The Holy Spirit.
It wants to protect the spirit from really seeing the truth.

Trying to preserve or protect something that is dead (We have died to our old natures and are now alive in Him) seems to be a normal human part of working out this salvation with fear and trembling.

He is the only One that can sanctify us, and make us Holy.
Our efforts without turning to Him will always fail.
He reaches down and saves us, He seeks after us when we lost our way..Praise His Saving Hand.

He spurns onto Holiness by His mercy gives us a chance to live another day and tell the tale...

Your friend gets out of a bad situation in the dream, and even if the road is still dark, the relief is expressed. There is hope.

It sounds like the place they had visited for a time will be restored to its original standing in Him...be renovated.

Hope is goood.

Gods Grace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: Waking in someone elses home

Post by Counted4Him »

Piano,

My friend is doing okay but needs much prayer. I think that house is her, shes decaying because of resentment and bitterness from her life since a childhood. Her step dad abused her sexually about 16 years old shes now 48 and live on her own since young age and, her mom sided with her stepdad and shun her not believing (turning her ear away). She was raped (16yrs old) while going home in the street. Had a baby at a young age and left alone. Her grandfather, uncle, and cousins young wife (20yrs) all commited suicide. x-Husband left her for another person with five kids in diapers/toddler. Almost went to prison for the x-husband who store hidden things in the walls in the bottom part of the home then called the police on her to get rid of her.

Was abandon by numerous boyfriends. Now because of her lifestyle family shuns her and is ill and possibly die from it Unless the Lord heals her. She needs to commit to the Lord, she is broken but tries to seek God by watching TV ministries. I feel so sad but she has drainned me and my kids in the past. Now her young adult teen boys (5) are disgusted with her and they curse at eachother while she tires to seek prayer on the phone with me (I have not visited her in years we only talk on the phone mostly). I have tired to witness to her for years but she is not responding, continues to be as is and won't go to church making excuses. So it sounds like what you stated that she might know but not sure because she is not clear in understanding things even when things are obvious. However, emotionally she is always runnning and sometimes I am quilty of avoiding her calls because I don't know what to do. Even a word the Lord spoke to her through me addressing her by name saying, "I am calling you, I am calling you..." and she still remains the same, and uses my prayers as a sleep rememdy which I don't personally like. I don't know what to do but she clearly forgot the dream has not asked, but I just saw your post. Thanks so much for your time.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! Blessings!
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Counted4Him,

Believing there will be a call that does wake her up.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.