I'm a finger surgeon, bad joke about a coffin, snake bite

Archives for 2010
peggyo
Diamond Member

I'm a finger surgeon, bad joke about a coffin, snake bite

Post by peggyo »

Hello fellow dreamers:

In this dream I had I am a rookie finger surgeon, preparing to do a surgery on my first patient. I'm seeing the finger and looking to find the tendons under the skin that need surgery. I'm feeling uneasy and it is as though I'm having to "follow the yellow brick road" to know how to perform this surgery. I perform my first 2 surgeries.

Next scene I am in a car with a group of other rookie doctors heading to the driver's mansion. In the foyer of this mansion I see the driver on the phone with the morgue and hear him giving directions to the morgue to have the coffin with body delivered to this mansion instead of where it is supposed to go. He is doing this as a prank. I'm watching this all with the others and not finding it entertaining.

Last scene is at an intersection. I'm in a left turn lane on a road. I've stopped my car in the middle of the turn lane and have gotten out of my car and am proceeding to walk up a dirt road on foot. For some reason I change my mind, and go back to get the car as I notice it seems in the way of traffic. A car that is in front of mine preparing to turn left in the other direction has a young man driving. This guy hollers out at me to let me know that I am not correctly positioned in the turn lane. He is not rude, just young and happy to point out my bad parking job and be helpful, not to mention I shouldn't be parked on a road like this at all. I look and do see that my car is outside the lines.

With my car I continue on down the path and end up at a cabin like residence with a few friends present. We are in the kitchen and having an enjoyable time together. Also a snake is there. Someone mentions the snake is not poisonous. The snake then bites me, which is not a hard bite, but I remember what was said about it not being poisonous and am not in a state of shock, like I would be IRL if there was a snake anywhere, poisonous or not.

The snake is a memorable dark army green, solid color, except he has a large orange-shaped diamond on him. He was quite striking looking.

I thought this was a snake I had seen before IRL, and possibly indigenous to Minnesota, however, upon doing a search, I could not find any similar picture, so guessing it is symbolic.

Thanks for your time and any thoughts!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

I did more searching on snakes. The diamond back snake may be symbolic for what I saw, but he is a poisonous rattler, so either I am being told/believing something that is not true or it is one of those things that...no poisonous thing will hurt us. The Bible story is in reference to a poisonous drink though...or no weapon formed against us shall prosper.
Last edited by peggyo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

I believe this is along the lines of "physician heal thyself!"

I know I am not using this correctly in the way the scripture uses it, but I think the phrase applies, in that the surgeon may be performing a self-surgery, get beyond your fears and rolling on down the road again...!