being fed (almost force fed) a large meal of roast beef

Archives for 2010
peggyo
Diamond Member

being fed (almost force fed) a large meal of roast beef

Post by peggyo »

Hello,

I've pondered this old dream of mine a long time and the possible meanings of a roast beef meal. It is the only dream I have had about roast beef. There was an old woman in this dream who kept encouraging me to eat more and we were seated in really cramped seating--too many people, not enough room to be comfortable.

Has anyone had dreams about roast beef and/or ideas about meanings?

Thanks!
Peggy Jean
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
wholeheart
Gold Member

Post by wholeheart »

Hey, Peg!

My first thought is, "You WILL eat meat!" Could this dream be the Lord showing you that you will be eating meat; the mature word of God and no longer requiring milk? Maybe it was more meat than was totally comfortable at the time. Maturing and growing does have its discomforts, but the rewards are worth it!

Hope this helps!

Whomeheart
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Thank you my dear Wholeheart!

If I am to take the rest of the dream for real, which actually seemed equivocal, then indeed I would have to have heavy servings of meat (sorry, it's an inside joke!). The dream also had the theme of an old school being renovated into apartments, of which I was being considered as a receptionist. So your thoughts could indeed fit. I've been in deep spiritual waters though for more than 10 years, so if indeed a feeding of strong meat, I would take it particular to this situation being considered rather than a general graduation from child feedings.

Most of my searching on roast beef were negative finds, thinking of roast and the idea of being cooked or I've been had. I've also thought about beef being used as big complaints, in this case possibly having to swallowing them. My first impression of a whole meal like this with mashed potatoes/gravy, vegetable, like grandma makes (and being fed by her also) also gives me feelings of the comforts of home and feeling thoroughly nourished down to your bones and toes and overcared for.

See ya next time you pop in WH!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
wholeheart
Gold Member

Post by wholeheart »

Peggy,

I had to laugh (a little) when I read that all your research showed roast beef to be negative. You sound like me when I over analyze and dissect one of my own dreams! Ah well, that's why we have each other (the body).

Actually, I was thinking that the grandmother was the Holy Spirit. The school being renovated into apartments indicates perhaps that you are dwelling in the mature things of the spirit as opposed to merely a season of being a student. Also, being a receptionist may indicate that you are a representative of these meaty things to others. A receptionist is the first person seen in a business or operation and is the first and most important Impression an organization gives; therefore a rep to the rest of the world.

Does this fit?

You are a blessing!

Wholeheart
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi Peggyo,

Strong meat! Roast beef is a hearty meal, seriously good and hearty home eatin'! I think that's a spiritual meal that's full of "strong meat."

Blesings,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Most of my searching on roast beef were negative finds, thinking of roast and the idea of being cooked or I've been had. I've also thought about beef being used as big complaints
I guess it all depends on one's perspective. My first thought was a positive reference...'beef up'

Definition of BEEF
transitive verb
: to increase or add substance, strength, or power to —usually used with up

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17